Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

I believe first grade got on on the original date. 3rds & Res on tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by AwayDay Views View Post
    My bad got the dates mixed up

Quote Originally Posted by AwayDay Views View Post
    Dudley has Swansea tomorrow. I think the Suns have w/Bay in lower grades possibly

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Azzurri and Cardiff are going to have a busy period with 6 and 5 games in a 12 or less day period
    Pretty silly from cardiff not getting their games on Saturday. Busy schedule ahead as a result

Dudley v Swansea
    1st 6-0
    Res 8-0
    3rds 5-0

Got there half way through first grade and somehow Swansea didn’t concede but after the break it was like Dudley took it serious and put the foot down and slotted 6 in the half

Swansea have always been such a strong club in all grades it’s a shame to see them this way and hopefully they bounce straight back

Anyone know the rule in regards to first graders dropping down to play in a lower grades match on a seperate day?

I was under the impression that if a player started the first grade fixture they were than ineligible to start in the ressies match and at best had to come off the bench.

Apparently in the Warners Bay vs Newcastle Suns reserve grade catch-up game today I’ve heard the Suns had two players in the starting lineup who also started in the first grade fixture a couple of weeks earlier. One of them scoring the winner an absolute worldie from 30 yards out. This could have ramifications for several teams in the competition with both the minor premiership and top four race blown wide open.

Doesn’t seem fair if there is one rule for the Suns and another for all of the other teams competing. Hopefully I’ve misinterpreted this because im sure they wouldn’t do anything shady.
    Last edited by FairPlay2022; 14-08-2022 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FairPlay2022 View Post
    Anyone know the rule in regards to first graders dropping down to play in a lower grades match on a seperate day?

I was under the impression that if a player started the first grade fixture they were than ineligible to start in the ressies match and at best had to come off the bench.

Apparently in the Warners Bay vs Newcastle Suns reserve grade catch-up game today I’ve heard the Suns had two players in the starting lineup who also started in the first grade fixture a couple of weeks earlier. One of them scoring the winner an absolute worldie from 30 yards out. This could have ramifications for several teams in the competition with both the minor premiership and top four race blown wide open.

Doesn’t seem fair if there is one rule for the Suns and another for all of the other teams competing. Hopefully I’ve misinterpreted this because im sure they wouldn’t do anything shady.
    Is it the same as someone starting third grade then starting Reserve grade. Just it rarely happens in first grade and reserve grade.
    Also very rare that first grade play before reserve grade

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Is it the same as someone starting third grade then starting Reserve grade. Just it rarely happens in first grade and reserve grade.
    Also very rare that first grade play before reserve grade
    You can’t be serious? How is starting 3rd grade then reserve grade making your team stronger?

Theres no limit going up. You’re correct you can start 3rds, than ressies, than firsts if it’s in that order. However you can’t do it the other way around. I was under the impression that if the first grade fixture is played prior to any lower grades all starting players are ineligible for the lower grades (unless they start from the bench).

And that makes sense because it stops teams from stacking their lower grades something the Suns have seemingly chosen to ignore today.

Typical of suns trying to recoup all that money they fork out for players 'wages'

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Typical of suns trying to recoup all that money they fork out for players 'wages'
    I’d say trying to cling on to a semi spot

Just had a look at the ZPL reserve grade table. Pretty tough on the likes of Mayfield, Cooks Hill & Cardiff who all would have been hoping for the front runners Warners Bay to win today to boost their own chances of getting a top 4 finish.

Doesn’t that mean you back up 3rd graders ? Like everyone else

The right thing to do would be to follow the rules that are in place for the competition. You have injuries but so do many other clubs. How many times have Westlakes had to forfeit in 3rd grade this season? What gives you the right to start 2 first graders today while Warners Bay played by the rules? I bet they would have loved to bring a couple of their top players into the starting lineup. As far as I’m aware your club has cheated. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Yeah first grade captains always play reserve grade when there are injuries 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Inside left View Post
    Yeah first grade captains always play reserve grade when there are injuries 😂😂
    I remember watching him playing a 3rd grade semi one year 😂😂

Must have been a heap of injuries that year too

He might of had too
    Looking at 3rd grade table then the score today they probably needed some reserve graders in thirds to ensure points in semis race.

We didn’t have many players available for the day plain and simple
    Including 1 fully fit keeper out of 3 which happened to be the first grade keeper who played on the field in thirds then in goals for ressies
    Third grade had a few 35s players needed to fill gaps and the reserve grade centre back who isn’t a keeper played in goals then played ressies
    It’s easy to say everyone who played thirds can back up for ressies but they all played on Thursday night with more catch up game to go
    The club hasn’t had a single training session since late June (not even joking) with wash outs and catch ups, I would’ve rather we didn’t require not one first grader and have them rested as they arnt playing anywhere near their ability at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    We didn’t have many players available for the day plain and simple
    Including 1 fully fit keeper out of 3 which happened to be the first grade keeper who played on the field in thirds then in goals for ressies
    Third grade had a few 35s players needed to fill gaps and the reserve grade centre back who isn’t a keeper played in goals then played ressies
    It’s easy to say everyone who played thirds can back up for ressies but they all played on Thursday night with more catch up game to go
    The club hasn’t had a single training session since late June (not even joking) with wash outs and catch ups, I would’ve rather we didn’t require not one first grader and have them rested as they arnt playing anywhere near their ability at the moment
    You don’t get it mate. You still have to follow the rules like everyone else. Every club this season have had availability issues. You are nothing special in that department. If you couldn’t legally field a team then as unfortunate as it is you should have forfeited 3rd grade as teams like Westlakes have had to do several times this season. Instead you have played two ineligible players that have given you an unfair advantage over all the other teams around you who have been playing by the rules. I think people are quite right to be upset with your actions to be honest.