Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Any games get on today?
    It's football, not s***er!!

Been informed Azzurri v Westlakes went ahead today
    3rds: 2-0 Azzurri
    Res: 4-0 Azzurri
    Firsts: 4-3 Azzurri

9 points away from home for Hexham Azzurri. Had about 24 blokes or something for all 3 grades too.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Mayfield v cardiff
    3rds 1--5
    reg 1--1
    1st 1--0

Swansea vs Cooked Hill
    1sts 4-3
    2nds 3-3
    3rds 0-0

The Swans have triumphed in a back and forth battle against Cooks Hill.

Swans were up 3-0 with the ZPL bad boy nowhere to be seen. He then came off injured, pulling a hamstring after sprinting up to the Cookers defender to congratulate him after scoring a majestic own goal.

Despite water surrounding the Swansea area, Will McMaster still finds himself in a drought. He can’t even put together more than 50 minutes on the pitch. You’re shit Will

However with Cookers having more meltdowns than Kanye West and constantly bickering with one another, they managed to get some composure and fought their way back with 1 goal and 2 penalties.

But then in the dying stages, cometh the hour, cometh the man, Josh ‘Artero’ Anstess scored a wonderful header off a corner securing the 3 points on a cold, rainy day at Chapman.

Azzurri vs. Westlakes
    1sts 4-3
    Res 4-0
    3rds 2-0

Appreciate Westlakes working with us to get games reversed, Graham their gaffer is an absolute gentleman.

Fenner still a weapon even stepping back up a grade. WWFC25 anyone at the club keeping stats for how many goals that guy has scored for the Wildcats over the years?

Big effort from us today with many, many players out. I think Westlakes may have been similar, saw a few of their lads backing up.

Quote Originally Posted by HAFC_ZL View Post
    Azzurri vs. Westlakes
    1sts 4-3
    Res 4-0
    3rds 2-0

Appreciate Westlakes working with us to get games reversed, Graham their gaffer is an absolute gentleman.

Fenner still a weapon even stepping back up a grade. WWFC25 anyone at the club keeping stats for how many goals that guy has scored for the Wildcats over the years?

Big effort from us today with many, many players out. I think Westlakes may have been similar, saw a few of their lads backing up.
    I’ll have to go back over the archives to give you an exact count but it would be around the 1 every 2 games ratio which would have him north of 50 goals at least.

We had 32 today so quite barebones as well.

3rds was actually a very competitive match and with some better decisions in the final third from us it could have been a closer match.

I only saw the first half of Ressies as I had to get ready for 1sts but seems like the goal you guys scored so soon after us missing a 1v1 took the wind out of our sails and you went on from there.

1sts was a very competitive game on a pretty chopped up pitch, going back and forth with the lead changing hands 3 times. Both teams missed some chances that could have changed the score even more, hard loss to take but good to show we can be competitive in this league.

Hopefully we can get onto Hexham in Rd12!

Also sorry about the broken light in 1sts we only noticed it blew out on Thursday at training and then it wasn’t repaired Friday like promised so we got to play in the dark in the second half 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Mayfield v cardiff
    3rds 1--5
    reg 1--1
    1st 1--0
    What is happening out at Cardiff? Not the start we all expected..

Entertaining days football at Warner’s Bay.
    I caught the last 20 min of 3rds and it looked like Warners Bay looked like they hadn’t played in a few weeks and ran out of legs Dudley 5-1
    Reggies was pretty even except for the Dudley keeper who gifted the Bay 2 goals and he was the difference in the 2 teams. Dudley not as sharp as last week. Well done to the Bay 3-0
    First grade was very entertaining and physical both teams will wake up tomorrow knowing they played a game. Dudley winning 2-1. Warner’s bay lead 1-0 at halftime with a well taken goal. They have some pace in that front third. Dudley wrestled back control in the second half and scored a well worked goal and then a pen and like 3rds Dudley just had more in the legs than WB which is understandable.
    WB will give some teams a headache and I think will finish in the top half of the comp

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    What is happening out at Cardiff? Not the start we all expected..
    Not playing good enough at the moment. long season.

Not playing good enough at the moment. long season.
    1-0 loss to Mayfield at this early stage hardly the end of the world also. Watched Mayf in the Cup vs. Adamstown, very solid at the back, looked like they have had plenty of time on the training pitch, and will be hard to take points from again this season. Their GK was something special and that CB Hilly is one of the better players across the whole the comp for me.

1-0 loss to Mayfield at this early stage hardly the end of the world also. Watched Mayf in the Cup vs. Adamstown, very solid at the back, looked like they have had plenty of time on the training pitch, and will be hard to take points from again this season. Their GK was something special and that CB Hilly is one of the better players across the whole the comp for me.
    I heard from one of the Mayfield boys they were luck to get the 3 points and Cardiff were good value and a draw would of been a fair result

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I heard from one of the Mayfield boys they were luck to get the 3 points and Cardiff were good value and a draw would of been a fair result
    well it was an oggy.

well it was an oggy.
    Mayfield doing what they do every year in a number of games. Just manage to get the 3 points any way they can more consistently then anyone else. It’s what they do. Dudley v Mayfield this week should be a great game.

What’s the go with the mowing at Warners Bay? What a terrible spongy ground, I know weather has been crap so no council proper mow? and I heard their canteen pretty much shut down after the girls finished which was around end of third grade. If true that’s pretty sad

Do Azzurri have an actual backup ground? Cooks Hill wont be able to reverse their fixture if NPL is playing at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Haircut View Post
    Do Azzurri have an actual backup ground? Cooks Hill wont be able to reverse their fixture if NPL is playing at home.
    We genuinely appreciate Westlakes and Warners Bay for working with us the last couple of rounds to get games played, that has been our main priority. We feel like we have been working hard in advance to avoid calling games off on a Saturday morning like last season. The usual backup of Tarro Park is everyone’s backup these days it seems, so there has been more competition in that regard.

Yes we aware that the Athletics Track has extremely high usage each weekend. Yes we are working with NCC and Newcastle Football to get the game played. The day has been booked in for some time to be a fundraiser for our Ladies Day, rest assured we are exploring every avenue possible. We aren’t just sitting on our hands and hoping for a magic solution.

However, I will say that every other club has had to postpone matches without being questioned about having a “backup field,” as it’s common knowledge that most facilities are worse for wear at the minute. God forbid Azzurri ever postpone a match though unless we’ve tried every backup possible.
    Last edited by HAFC_ZL; 02-05-2022 at 04:57 PM.

We genuinely appreciate Westlakes and Warners Bay for working with us the last couple of rounds to get games played, that has been our main priority. We feel like we have been working hard in advance to avoid calling games off on a Saturday morning like last season. The usual backup of Tarro Park is everyone’s backup these days it seems, so there has been more competition in that regard.

Yes we aware that the Athletics Track has extremely high usage each weekend. Yes we are working with NCC and Newcastle Football to get the game played. The day has been booked in for some time to be a fundraiser for our Ladies Day, rest assured we are exploring every avenue possible. We aren’t just sitting on our hands and hoping for a magic solution.

However, I will say that every other club has had to postpone matches without being questioned about having a “backup field,” as it’s common knowledge that most facilities are worse for wear at the minute. God forbid Azzurri ever postpone a match though unless we’ve tried every backup possible.
    I thought you just really wanted to play at the home of the Cats 😉

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    I thought you just really wanted to play at the home of the Cats 😉
    No denying it’s a great facility. Been a while since I’d been out there, the grandstands are great addition also.

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    What’s the go with the mowing at Warners Bay? What a terrible spongy ground, I know weather has been crap so no council proper mow?
    I met council at our ground today, I assume if Warners Bay is Spongy its the same issue we have. The wet weather has earth worms in plague proportions. Nothing that can be done until the grounds start to really dry.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I met council at our ground today, I assume if Warners Bay is Spongy its the same issue we have. The wet weather has earth worms in plague proportions. Nothing that can be done until the grounds start to really dry.
    And that will probably be in October or November for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I drove past Garden suburbs last week and guy had push mower on main ground. Things are grim