Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Cats vs Suns OFF

Using both fields to spread the damage was a great idea until both of them turned into massive water slides

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Surely no games getting on today anyway? And if so, the games will go down as draws. Can’t have every game being washed out and then one game forfeited.
    As they forfeited yesterday apparently result will stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    ThatÂ’s a joke. Azzurri have dragged the chain and scheduled the bottom 2 teams last knowing quiet well they have zero to play for so one of them might do this especially in the lower grades. Should of played midweek earlier like the other teams
    This is actually incorrect. Several weeks ago we sent an email to the Newcastle Football outlining our plan to get all our games played before 28/08, which included two double header weekends, Westlakes on 21/08 and Swansea on 28/08. We f***ing begged NF to support our proposal in the email even though it would have seen us play matches on 16/08, 20/08, 21/08, 24/08, 27/08, and 28/08. We were happy to take on this hectic schedule in order to ensure that games were played and the finals series would be unaffected. We stated that we didn’t want to be at the mercy of more inclement weather. However NF didn’t support us in this.

Westlakes refused to play on 21/08 despite them having no game that weekend and despite being given plenty of notice, due to “not being able to field teams on a Sunday” and they were backed by NF and Macquarie. We proposed another date to which Westlakes refused and then NF plus Macquarie made us chose a date proposed by Westlakes.

If NF had supported our initial proposal we would have had all our games completed by last Sunday, however they didn’t, and here we are. But please don’t blame us for everything when you have absolutely zero clue regarding what has been going on behind the scenes.
    Last edited by HAFC_ZL; 03-09-2022 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parochial Supporter View Post
    As they forfeited yesterday apparently result will stand
    Unless games were already forfeited before the rain

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Unless games were already forfeited before the rain
    So what’s the plan for these washouts

So Azzurri V Westlakes off today
    What happens now?
    Is it all going to be draws ?

Quote Originally Posted by HAFC_ZL View Post
    This is actually incorrect. Several weeks ago we sent an email to the Newcastle Football outlining our plan to get all our games played before 28/08, which included two double header weekends, Westlakes on 21/08 and Swansea on 28/08. We f***ing begged NF to support our proposal in the email even though it would have seen us play matches on 16/08, 20/08, 21/08, 24/08, 27/08, and 28/08. We were happy to take on this hectic schedule in order to ensure that games were played and the finals series would be unaffected. We stated that we didn’t want to be at the mercy of more inclement weather. However NF didn’t support us in this.

Westlakes refused to play on 21/08 despite them having no game that weekend and despite being given plenty of notice, due to “not being able to field teams on a Sunday” and they were backed by NF and Macquarie. We proposed another date to which Westlakes refused and then NF plus Macquarie made us chose a date proposed by Westlakes.

If NF had supported our initial proposal we would have had all our games completed by last Sunday, however they didn’t, and here we are. But please don’t blame us for everything when you have absolutely zero clue regarding what has been going on behind the scenes.
    I take back my comment and appologize. Newcastle Football should of said to Westlakes. Play on the 21st or you forfeit. It’s not a Sat only comp so if you can’t field a team then stiff s$&t. So in fact the team coming ninth is the reason that the semis are 1 leg now. That makes that desicion even worse.

Banned
    This is exactly why we need new management in Zones and NNSW

I take back my comment and appologize. Newcastle Football should of said to Westlakes. Play on the 21st or you forfeit. It’s not a Sat only comp so if you can’t field a team then stiff s$&t. So in fact the team coming ninth is the reason that the semis are 1 leg now. That makes that desicion even worse.
    Not wanting to turn this into a mud slinging match but just want to provide some context from Westlakes side of things.

- we advised early on that the 21/8 wasn’t suitable for us and tried to work with Azzurri on alternate dates so that at-least 2 games could get on at a minimum. I believe (not 100% sure) we offered dates prior to the 21/8 as a solution as well
    - we offered our venue as a solution to assist with field options to get the games played

To say we simply refused to play and suggest we didn’t attempt to assist in getting the games played isn’t quite right. I empathise with Azzurri and the position they’re in and its good that they have been so pro active to try and sort their games out but you can’t suggest that we are solely at fault for the circumstances at play now.
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post
    Not wanting to turn this into a mud slinging match but just want to provide some context from Westlakes side of things.

- we advised early on that the 21/8 wasn’t suitable for us and tried to work with Azzurri on alternate dates so that at-least 2 games could get on at a minimum. I believe (not 100% sure) we offered dates prior to the 21/8 as a solution as well
    - we offered our venue as a solution to assist with field options to get the games played

To say we simply refused to play and suggest we didn’t attempt to assist in getting the games played isn’t quite right. I empathise with Azzurri and the position they’re in and its good that they have been so pro active to try and sort their games out but you can’t suggest that we are solely at fault for the circumstances at play now.
    Ok we should blame the real problem. RH

So how does this work?

We have azzuri awaiting a result between Cardiff 3rds and mayfield? If this cannot be played will they dispute the draw as it rules them out of finals. Same can be said about first grade, Cardiff do suns a favor by beating mayfield? If this is a draw azzuri are out.

If these games aren’t played before Saturday you have to feel for those that don’t get a final crack at finals..

Anyone like to elaborate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    So how does this work?

We have azzuri awaiting a result between Cardiff 3rds and mayfield? If this cannot be played will they dispute the draw as it rules them out of finals. Same can be said about first grade, Cardiff do suns a favor by beating mayfield? If this is a draw azzuri are out.

If these games aren’t played before Saturday you have to feel for those that don’t get a final crack at finals..

If only we had an all weather facility over at Speers Point where we could at the minimum pick all games from all grades that still have a bearing on finals or relegation standings and guarantee to play them during the week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    If only we had an all weather facility over at Speers Point where we could at the minimum pick all games from all grades that still have a bearing on finals or relegation standings and guarantee to play them during the week.
    You mean the one thats already there that most c*nts on here hate on every other day except when your fields are f**ked?

Nah you guys are too good for that place.

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    You mean the one thats already there that most c*nts on here hate on every other day except when your fields are f**ked?

Nah you guys are too good for that place.
    Well considering half of the facility was paid for using various government funding not to mention about $140 of each zone players registration fee goes towards NNSW Football I’d say we aren’t ‘too good’ for that place at all and have a pretty strong case to make use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post

- we advised early on that the 21/8 wasnÂ’t suitable for us and tried to work with Azzurri on alternate dates so that at-least 2 games could get on at a minimum. I believe (not 100% sure) we offered dates prior to the 21/8 as a solution as well

To say we simply refused to play and suggest we didnÂ’t attempt to assist in getting the games played isnÂ’t quite right. I empathise with Azzurri and the position theyÂ’re in and its good that they have been so pro active to try and sort their games out but you canÂ’t suggest that we are solely at fault for the circumstances at play now.
    Mate the negotiations regarding the 21/08 were dragged out for days. No prior date was offered cause as is seen by our schedule, we had no prior dates available. The 21/08 was our only available date, and you got the luxury of a weekend off, period.

Field was only offered after the fact and I can prove that mate. The field was offered for a fixture previously, however hours after that was negotiated and agreed upon, Westlakes pres then messaged us to sort out hire fee of the faculty, not previously mentioned in any negotiation.

Every other club that we have dealt with this season with regards to washouts (Suns, Cardiff especially, Swansea, Cooks Hill) have been so flexible and easy to deal with, however Westlakes unfortunately have been extremely reluctant and difficult.

I will say this though, the association allow this to happen. So much negotiating power rests with the away team. To be honest as frustrated as I am how everything has panned out, I don’t even blame Westlakes for trying to get the best solution for their club. The association just don’t want to make tough decisions with regards to reschedules.
    Last edited by HAFC_ZL; 04-09-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    So how does this work?

We are trying desperately to get our games played midweek.

I believe Cardiff and Mayfield have rescheduled also?

We are trying desperately to get our games played midweek.

I believe Cardiff and Mayfield have rescheduled also?
    So 2 midweek games and a semi tough ask if that happens

So 2 midweek games and a semi tough ask if that happens
    Very big task to qualify, and as has been highlighted already we are depending on other results also. Will try our best though.

Very big task to qualify, and as has been highlighted already we are depending on other results also. Will try our best though.
    The weather forecast may not be your friend

This seems like a good solution in theory but isn’t possible. There is only room for 4 games to be played there per night (6pm and 8pm kick off on both fields), realistically the games can’t be played on Friday with finals starting Saturday so that leaves 16 spots for games to be played.
    I’m guessing all Northern League 1 semi finals (18s, Ressies and 1st) were called off this weekend and will be played there this week so that takes up 6 of the spots.
    I’m sure there would be NPL games that were called off this weekend that have a bearing on finals so they would likely be prioritised.
    Long story short the synthetic pitches are only able to host a fraction of the games that are needed to be played in the next week across all competitions.