Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    Name names
    Nearly all fields need upgrades but NCC don’t care about that.
    Upgrades would be nice but I think the biggest issue has been the growth has exceeded the development hardly any new developed areas include sporting grounds these days there just is simply not enough available to cater for it, add to that some over the top criteria for local football adds further to the issue.

Hexham is a lush field played cricket there many a time in my younger days unfortunately being based next to a very large river combined with large amounts of rain of late no doubt it'll take some time to recover would have to think the majority of grounds are water logged water has no where to go but sit on the surface

Quote Originally Posted by Two tone View Post
    What about the ground at the tech college Islington. It’s been used for zone league in the past.
    Mate, and trust me here, I wish it was that easy.

That field isn’t up to ZPL requirements in terms of change room facilities, the same situation as Smith Park. Regardless, we have approached the TAFE and Hunter Simba about that field as recently as this off season, due to Simba still holding the rights, and they declined to assist us. As is their prerogative I guess. We even approached the TAFE about the inner field with the Knights COE opening this year thinking they would be vacating that location, however it remains contracted to the Knights.

Believe me when I say this, we have exhausted each and every option with NCC and Newcastle Football over the last few years, and been in constant dialogue, along with approaching several private entities such as the TAFE, yet here we are.

I can’t stress enough that Hexham was genuinely looking a treat before this unprecedented weather event. As many have pointed out, its location along the river unfortunately means it’s going to take slightly longer to recover than other grounds. But let’s be real, most fields in Newcastle/Lake Macquarie aren’t in their best condition at the moment. Played on Evans a couple of weeks back and it’s not looking in great knick either, which is completely understandable (and I mean that as no offence towards Cardiff whatsoever).

A break in the rain, even for a week, then Hexham will be in much better shape.

Quote Originally Posted by HAFC_ZL View Post

That field isn’t up to ZPL requirements in terms of change room facilities, the same situation as Smith Park. Regardless, we have approached the TAFE and Hunter Simba about that field as recently as this off season, due to Simba still holding the rights, and they declined to assist us. As is their prerogative I guess. We even approached the TAFE about the inner field with the Knights COE opening this year thinking they would be vacating that location, however it remains contracted to the Knights.

Believe me when I say this, we have exhausted each and every option with NCC and Newcastle Football over the last few years, and been in constant dialogue, along with approaching several private entities such as the TAFE, yet here we are.

I can’t stress enough that Hexham was genuinely looking a treat before this unprecedented weather event. As many have pointed out, its location along the river unfortunately means it’s going to take slightly longer to recover than other grounds. But let’s be real, most fields in Newcastle/Lake Macquarie aren’t in their best condition at the moment. Played on Evans a couple of weeks back and it’s not looking in great knick either, which is completely understandable (and I mean that as no offence towards Cardiff whatsoever).

As someone on the ground and in the know. Thanks for the info and fingers crossed Hexham comes good

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    Shannon S if it is still him
    No chance

Called into Evans park today, didn’t look bad at all.

Wasn’t in good knick when our ZL3s played on it the other week. Great news if it’s recovered well though, as you say.

Best pitch I ever played on was Glendale athletics centre. If anything, perhaps a tiny bit too hard/bouncy, but boy with a bit of dew, it was like carpet to train on.
    Terrific drainage too.

Do any teams play out of there recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Best pitch I ever played on was Glendale athletics centre. If anything, perhaps a tiny bit too hard/bouncy, but boy with a bit of dew, it was like carpet to train on.
    Terrific drainage too.

Do any teams play out of there recently?
    Edgy were training out of there in 2016/17, however I’m not aware of any usage there since.

It’s a wonderful surface/facility.

Edgy were training out of there in 2016/17, however I’m not aware of any usage there since.

It’s a wonderful surface/facility.
    Probably be too expensive for Zone League clubs.

Isn’t Simba’s ground too small anyway?

You’d think with the number of people using Smith Park for football, Oz Tag & cricket there would be a strong case for an upgrade.

As far as I can tell the only improvement in recent years was the cricket nets.

the weather like all is killing us, cant mow, cant roll, cant do the basics to keep the grounds in good nick, council were spending a bit of time on it as it was neglected the previous years.
    The plan at Evans was not to train on No1 at all, that hasn't worked, No2 is a swamp, i reckon 2 weeks at least with no rain before we get on No2.
    No1 might bounce back if we can keep off it, it dries ok but there's one quarter that stays wet, it also doesn't help when people disregard the ground closed signs and run there themselves and there dogs over the fields.

see how we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the weather like all is killing us, cant mow, cant roll, cant do the basics to keep the grounds in good nick, council were spending a bit of time on it as it was neglected the previous years.
    The plan at Evans was not to train on No1 at all, that hasn't worked, No2 is a swamp, i reckon 2 weeks at least with no rain before we get on No2.
    No1 might bounce back if we can keep off it, it dries ok but there's one quarter that stays wet, it also doesn't help when people disregard the ground closed signs and run there themselves and there dogs over the fields.

see how we go.
    Neglected like Pasadena.

We trained on our ground last night but had to train on the playing field instead of the juniors field because it’s drenched and even after just the three grades against Swansea on the weekend it has a lot of divots in it that aren’t going to go away any time soon.

Neglected like Pasadena.
    i would say yes

Neglected like Pasadena.
    i would say yes

Back to the other important topic. How'd everyone's tips go?
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Back to the other important topic. How'd everyone's tips go?
    With the win’s last week from cookers and west lakes. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Two tone View Post
    With the win’s last week from cookers and west lakes. Not good.
    This is correct. If your Mayfield or Warner’s Bay you would move heaven and earth to get on this weekend otherwise 3 make up games this early starts compacting your schedule

Swansea v Cooks Hill - Cookers 2-1
    Mayfield v Cardiff - Mayfield 1-0
    Hamilton Azzurri v Westlakes - Draw 2-2
    Warners Bay v Dudley - Dudley 3-1
    Kotara v Suns - Suns 2-0
    It's football, not s***er!!

Swansea v Cooks Hill - Swansea 2-1
    Mayfield v Cardiff - Mayfield 2-1
    Hamilton Azzurri v Westlakes - Azzurri 2-0
    Warners Bay v Dudley - Dudley 3-1
    Kotara v Suns - Suns 3-0