Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Can’t have been worse than the refs at Mayfield tonight. Would have preferred the Mayfield coach to have had the whistle.
    scores ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    scores ??
    Swansea v Dudley
    Res 1-2
    1st 3-9

To cold for me to go down but clearly one way traffic
    Last edited by The Hacker; 19-05-2022 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Spelling

John Majurovski returning to suns very soon

Suns 3-1 Mayfield
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    John Majurovski returning to suns very soon
    Lofty can you confirm

Can’t have been worse than the refs at Mayfield tonight. Would have preferred the Mayfield coach to have had the whistle.

4 out of 5 footballers in Newcastle don't deserve to have referee appointed. Ever considered your perceived lack of quality referees (whether the actual case or not) is a problem of your own doing. Until clubs and team mates start to hold the problem players to account its only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post
    4 out of 5 footballers in Newcastle don't deserve to have referee appointed. Ever considered your perceived lack of quality referees (whether the actual case or not) is a problem of your own doing. Until clubs and team mates start to hold the problem players to account its only going to get worse.
    On behalf of a club that had one single red card in all of our games last season across all grades and zero this year, I am more than happy with the behaviour of our players. Ex whistle man or not, if you weren't there, then pipe down.

On behalf of a club that had one single red card in all of our games last season across all grades and zero this year, I am more than happy with the behaviour of our players. Ex whistle man or not, if you weren't there, then pipe down.
    Apologies, it wasn't a shot at you or your club but at the comment you made. You make a comment on a public forum I am free to respond. The game has a culture problem when it comes to referee's and comments like the one you posted exacerbate the problem. Until there is a change in the culture the referee numbers will never improve. And the smaller the pool, the poorer the overall quality.
    Last edited by ExWhistleMan; 19-05-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Warners Bay vs. Azzurri (Catch-up scores)

Played last night.
    1sts: 2-1

Played last Tuesday.
    Res: 6-1
    3rds: 2-3

Frustrating from both teams perspectives that we received the email 4.00pm on match day that we wouldn’t have any referees for the first grade fixture. Even if we had been notified the day before, surely the clubs could have worked together to sort a solution. That being said, the Warners Bay ref (incidentally the their first grade coach), largely did a good job of remaining impartial. There were plenty of stoppages in the second half, and he played every single minute of a lengthy injury time, even though we were pushing hard for an equaliser.

Warners Bay completely dictated the first half bagging two goals, again from individual mistakes on our part. We scored from the spot. We came out really strong for the whole of the second half, applying a lot pressure. However, we couldn’t find the equaliser.

Quote Originally Posted by HAFC_ZL View Post
    Warners Bay vs. Azzurri (Catch-up scores)

Played last night.
    1sts: 2-1

Played last Tuesday.
    Res: 6-1
    3rds: 2-3

Frustrating from both teams perspectives that we received the email 4.00pm on match day that we wouldn’t have any referees for the first grade fixture. Even if we had been notified the day before, surely the clubs could have worked together to sort a solution. That being said, the Warners Bay ref (incidentally the their first grade coach), largely did a good job of remaining impartial. There were plenty of stoppages in the second half, and he played every single minute of a lengthy injury time, even though we were pushing hard for an equaliser.

Warners Bay completely dictated the first half bagging two goals, again from individual mistakes on our part. We scored from the spot. We came out really strong for the whole of the second half, applying a lot pressure. However, we couldn’t find the equaliser.
    Clubman did a good job under the circumstances. Warners Bay slightly better on the night reflected in the score line. Azzurri once again slow out of the blocks and having to chase it a bit.

Banned
    Red cards does not indicate the behaviour of a club. It does shows where the nut cases are. Dont even try to pretend that your culture is good.

Mayfield vs suns (round 1 catch up)
    1sts 1-3 (1-1 ht)
    Res 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Red cards does not indicate the behaviour of a club. It does shows where the nut cases are. Dont even try to pretend that your culture is good.
    Dial back the club/culture attack & post within the forum guidelines.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post
    Apologies, it wasn't a shot at you or your club but at the comment you made. You make a comment on a public forum I am free to respond. The game has a culture problem when it comes to referee's comments like the one you posted exacerbate the problem. Until there is a change in the culture the referee numbers will never improve. And the smaller the pool, the poorer the overall quality.
    I agree, There is a massive culture issue. How often have you seen someone give it to a referee? It happens all the time, Either from a player or from a coach or spectator.

How often do you see a duty officer, fellow player etc pull up their own players?, Hardly ever.

End of the day we need referees and obviously a lot more. I think short term if every zone league squad was to provide someone to do the course then we would have 34 new referees. I think that's a realistic goal. 34 new referees would nearly cover the majority of the zone league fixtures.

I don't think when Northern ran the short course last year that people took it seriously. Now that there is a mass shortage of referees, people might look at it more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I agree, There is a massive culture issue. How often have you seen someone give it to a referee? It happens all the time, Either from a player or from a coach or spectator.

How often do you see a duty officer, fellow player etc pull up their own players?, Hardly ever.

End of the day we need referees and obviously a lot more. I think short term if every zone league squad was to provide someone to do the course then we would have 34 new referees. I think that's a realistic goal. 34 new referees would nearly cover the majority of the zone league fixtures.

I don't think when Northern ran the short course last year that people took it seriously. Now that there is a mass shortage of referees, people might look at it more seriously.
    To be honest, it's a football issue. Not a club culture issue, not a Newcastle issue, it's worldwide at all levels. Respect towards officials just ins't there. The only code that has this under control is Rugby Union. There's a precident set there and officials are treated with absolute respect, you do not get away with anything.

I feel like referees cop too much on the chin. There's not enough issueing yellow cards for decent towards them, that will shut it down pretty quickly.

That's all completely off topic from my initial comment. There's no defending the officiating last night.

An old education link from 2014:
    https://capitalfootball.com.au/wp-co...nt-Handout.pdf

Might help if point 2 was skipped consistently and cautions issued instead of warnings. If players know they'll be cautioned for the behavior they might rein it in earlier.

1. Dissent should not be confused with mere disagreement which does not reflect
    negatively on the official. A player can express a difference of opinion in a polite
    fashion not involving dissent. Treating this as any other than question or statement
    by a player would be appropriate, unless it continues to the point of becoming
    dissent.

2. Dissent which is an emotional outburst (non-premeditated), is short in duration, and
    not destructive to game control can be acknowledged, verbally or by gesture, by the
    referee. But, if it continues, or is repeated within a short time period, the player must
    be warned. Multiple occurrences by more than one player in a short time period
    should also result in warnings.

3. Dissent which is an emotional outburst (non-premeditated), but is ongoing and
    continues beyond the initial outburst, or is potentially destructive to game control,
    must result in a warning, at least, depending on other factors. Caution on the second
    occurrence. Send off on the third.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

To be honest, it's a football issue. Not a club culture issue, not a Newcastle issue, it's worldwide at all levels. Respect towards officials just ins't there. The only code that has this under control is Rugby Union. There's a precident set there and officials are treated with absolute respect, you do not get away with anything.

I feel like referees cop too much on the chin. There's not enough issueing yellow cards for decent towards them, that will shut it down pretty quickly.

That's all completely off topic from my initial comment. There's no defending the officiating last night.
    I agree the solution is simple. If you give a ref a spray it’s a yellow card no if’s or buts if it’s bad enough a spray it’s red. If refs hold there nerve and be consistent week after week guess what players will stop because they are missing games or coaches won’t pick serial offenders cause they play with 10 players each week cause they get sent each week.

The only code that has this under control is Rugby Union. There's a precident set there and officials are treated with absolute respect, you do not get away with anything.

Rugby and Gridiron... you swear within earshot of an umpire and you'll get a flag. Back chat to the ref, get a flag. Touch a ref (even just a hand on the shoulder), get a flag and potentially
    ejected. Only person permitted to even speak to an official about any call made are the designated captains.

Start taking a stronger approach to refereeing and within a couple of seasons you can get the 'respect' level sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonmcqueen;258***
    Rugby and Gridiron... you swear within earshot of an umpire and you'll get a flag. Back chat to the ref, get a flag. Touch a ref (even just a hand on the shoulder), get a flag and potentially
    ejected. Only person permitted to even speak to an official about any call made are the designated captains.

Start taking a stronger approach to refereeing and within a couple of seasons you can get the 'respect' level sorted out.
    Starts at the top though. Need the pros to start as well. And it’s a whole of sport approach, not just refs, but players, spectators and coaches too.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Will anyone get on tomorrow