Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Hamilton Azzurri and Lake Macquarie have fielded very strong teams and had to start at ZL3.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    Hamilton Azzurri and Lake Macquarie have fielded very strong teams and had to start at ZL3.
    All teams must start in the bottom division, Although I think Croatia will stroll through zl3 easier then the Lakes or Azzurri.

Azzurri finished behind Maitland seniors in their first season

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    All teams must start in the bottom division, Although I think Croatia will stroll through zl3 easier then the Lakes or Azzurri.

Azzurri finished behind Maitland seniors in their first season
    We finished behind a very, very good Argenton side in the first season. We walked the comp when Maitland Seniors joined the next year.

Croats first grade is extremely decent and would compete at this level if they can keep the squad together for long enough. Like I said though, if they need to draw on their reserve grade they may find it harder.
    Last edited by TXK; 10-02-2022 at 02:09 PM.

Croatia will win ZL3. But that comp looks to be a lot more competitive than last year

Croatia res we’re poor last week, but that was mostly the all age team that played, a lot of players missing for first trial.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Maybe it should be Newcastle Croatia, given the team they are putting together in the lower zone leagues.
    who they got?

The most action we have seen in the thread and it's about ZL3...

Top 4 predicitions anyone? For ZPL..
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    The most action we have seen in the thread and it's about ZL3...

Top 4 predicitions anyone? For ZPL..
    I haven’t heard of much coming and going from teams except that Swansea have lost all their better players so I would say in no specific order

Suns
    Hamilton
    Dudley
    Mayfield

Cardiff could be a smokey. With a new coach and a really good reserve grade side last year if he can convince a few of the best players to play first grade they could pop in there

Azzurri trial matches so far:

Azzurri vs. Newcastle Croatia
    1st Grade 4-3
    Res Grade 4-0

Azzurri vs. Cessnock Hornets
    1st Grade 2–1
    Res Grade 4-4

As with most clubs at this stage of pre-season, we haven’t had our full compliment of players available yet, particularly in 1st grade. These trials have very much been a mix of all grades. Good to get back on the pitch however, looking forward to the season ahead.

Any other teams had trial matches yet?

so is the replacement team in ZPL

Westlakes confirmed for ZPL it seems. Have been there or thereabouts in Zone League 1 pretty much every year. Be interested to see how they handle the step up
    Jaliens gives me the horn

First Grade Goalkeeper

Due to a change in circumstances Dudley now have a position available as first grade goalkeeper.
    Any goalkeeper who is interested in a change or looking for an opportunity to play first grade is asked to contact Head Coach Mark Wilson on 0434 437 691.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeS View Post
    Due to a change in circumstances Dudley now have a position available as first grade goalkeeper.
    Any goalkeeper who is interested in a change or looking for an opportunity to play first grade is asked to contact Head Coach Mark Wilson on 0434 437 691.
    Davo stealing players already this will be interesting to see how many leave Dudley for Cardiff

Any other pick ups in the ZPL or Any big Loses ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    Davo stealing players already this will be interesting to see how many leave Dudley for Cardiff

I’m sure Blake Redman isn’t moving to Cardiff to play Reggies so the number left Dudley for Cardiff remains 0

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker;2***08
    I’m sure Blake Redman isn’t moving to Cardiff to play Reggies so the number left Dudley for Cardiff remains 0
    Correct

[QUOTE=Wild Thang;255497]Davo stealing players already this will be interesting to see how many leave Dudley for Cardiff

What a shit statement.

Maybe you should be asking where the keeper went to??? because its certainly not Cardiff.

It’s a coaches responsibility to sign players who he sees fit for his team, if the coach wasn’t active in the player market where required he wouldn’t be doing his job regardless of where he last coached, if you can’t get your head around that then you best keep your silly statements to yourself .

Agree with Red and Mario, very childish Thang.

Antarctic cup again in this year Dudley v Suns 5pm Adamstown. Best bring your own wood going on last year.

Early bird Top 4 predictions (NOT ORDERED)

Cooks Hill - I'm assuming a lot of players from 2HD will be playing this year. Giving them a lot more talent.
    Kotara - I'm assuming they might have had an overhaul of players. They're my big smokey.
    Suns - Might still be in the mix, can't see them sliding past 3rd though.
    Cardiff - Davo will get them in the top 4.

Dudley / Mayfield fighting for 5th.

Looking for a shake up year!