Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Could we have all done better earlier on getting games organized, YES
    Could the associations have done better, YES
    Could the councils do better, YES
    Could clubs try and fix there grounds so it doesn't happen again without a grant, NO, (Drainage is around 90K alone i think.)

Could we tweak the system that if a game is called out, there is always a ground swap option on that day. YES (this would also fix the call that a team had players out, injured, splendour etc, so didn't want to play the game, so we just called it off because it's wet)
    Should the associations give us a bit more flexability, F*#K YES

We moved into Evans last year, i cant count how many grant applications our treasurer has done, from the little 2-3K ones to 200k plus, add this to all the ones we have done over the years before, wish i had a dollar for everyone.
    Time consuming for generally no result.

All up folks, clubs do there best most times, so how about we stop carrying on and blaming others, start working together to either fix or make a system that works better than it does currently for next year.

cheers

It took us over a decade of chasing grants and sponsorship and anywhere else we could get funds in order to get the $$$$$ to fix the drainage issues we had (and that was only on 1 of our 2 grounds).

Since then we have been a bit luckier in gaining grants allowing us to build our grandstand and electronic scoreboard.

But applying and monitoring these grants are a massive slog to the point we were paying someone to continually apply and monitor all the grants he could and without him we never would have got 75% of the ones we did.

So it isn’t easy at all to simply fix the drainage but I highly recommend getting someone in place to continually chase grants because it really benefits you in the long run.

Why are the suns still on 25 points in ressies? Hasn’t this been confirmed as a loss? Lots of finals implications if this does not get resolved

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Why are the suns still on 25 points in ressies? Hasn’t this been confirmed as a loss? Lots of finals implications if this does not get resolved
    Maybe the federation didn’t see it as breaking the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    It is pretty average on Suns behalf. Teams are going to exploit grey areas where they can. Morally not the right thing to do. There will be some unhappy teams if they sneak in to semi final football.

If the Suns forum posters cleared this up we could all move on but Lofty &Nou Camp have inconveniently disappeared. As it stands WBay vs Dudley in reserve grade tomorrow is a minor premiership decider!

I’ve been trying so hard to enjoy a holiday. I can’t believe out of everyone, you peanuts are the ones who missed me the most.

I’ll keep it as short and sweet as possible and will start with the rules.

Ruling change for Players being Utilised / ‘Borrowed’ up a Grade – ( 3rd to Res) (Res to 1st)

Players listed in the Starting Eleven from the previous match (that round) 3rds and Res’s; will have the ‘Borrowed Player Rule E47’ applied when moving up grades.
    Four Borrowed Players are permitted from 3rd to Res, from Res to 1st; and must start on the bench (unless the team (Res / 1st ) is short of a starting Eleven.
    Borrowed Players must be identified on the Team Sheet as being borrowed from the grade below. (B)

Last Sunday, we did not have enough players to have two fresh starting elevens. Our third grade team featured over 35s.
    Our reserve grade team had 8 fresh starters. Our ressies CB filled in keeper for thirds as we only had one keeper available who played in goals in ressies along with playing on the field in thirds due to our player shortage.
    We had therefor used 2 starters from third grade backed up in ressies and then two further third graders on the bench and two additional players who played in the first grade fixture.
    Now unless you guys are reading the rules in a different language. It clearly states that you cannot start in two starting elevens in a regular round fixture, UNLESS YOU ARE SHORT OF A STARTING ELEVEN.

So I’m not sure what was expected of us. Should we have stated with 8 players, kicked the ball out and brought on players? Should have have asked warners bay if we could borrow a couple of their players? Or maybe just some ransoms from the crowd?

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realise that maybe, just maybe the reason why the Suns results have been all over the place as of late. I’ll give you a hint, we have a heavily injury depleted squad.

Don’t get me wrong, I can see exactly why Warners Bay put in an appeal for the result. Without knowing the facts, I’m sure there were questions to be raised. But we had no alternate option. We had over 35s playing in third grade backing up from two nights earlier. We had on field players playing in goal. We had keepers on the field. It was a shit show trying to put a team together.
    The fact that the thirds and ressies games were not played prior to first grade as scheduled was a joke in itself. We were told that there would be a field inspection in the morning to determine early grades. We had no correspondence from Warners Bay until we contacted them around 9am. Little did we know that they had already posted on their Facebook page at 7am that the games were off.
    However, that day there were games from 10am onwards on the next field, all day. Splendour weekend? How convenient..

So now we are left in a situation where the games are being played in a mixed order, we have an injury hit squad, we do our best to back up after the backlog of games (understand all clubs in the same boat) yet, with the rules clearly stating that players can start two grades when short, we are being penalised for it. WHAT WAS THE ALTERANTIVE?!

You can hate the Suns all you like. But any educated persons after seeing the facts, seeing the rules, you cannot say that we have broken any rules.
    There are multiple clubs that have been in the exact situation that we have and have had players start in multiple grades, yet there has been no penalty enforced.

It’s actually embarrassing the number of people who have not only come onto this forum to have a whinge and moan, but also create new accounts to do this.

Now we are in the same situation tomorrow against Mayfield (you’re welcome, here’s the heads up). So what do we do, shall we just forfeit third grade? Shall we double up players and hope Mayfield don’t complain?
    I don’t have any answers, but it seems all you guys do.

Further to this, Warners Bay openly admitted that in our first round fixture, one of their players not only started in both first grade and reserve grade. He scored in both games and started the game while having a fresh player on the bench.

So not only are the Suns well within the rules in the most recent game, but we have been absolutely done by what Warners Bay have claimed against us.
    I’ll be happy to provide team sheets to any person that wants to investigate further. It’s all there in black and white.

Sorry for not keeping it short and sweet.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Good response Lofty. Put it to bed. What’s that old saying about glass houses and throwing stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post

Further to this, Warners Bay openly admitted that in our first round fixture, one of their players not only started in both first grade and reserve grade. He scored in both games and started the game while having a fresh player on the bench.

So not only are the Suns well within the rules in the most recent game, but we have been absolutely done by what Warners Bay have claimed against us.
    I’ll be happy to provide team sheets to any person that wants to investigate further. It’s all there in black and white.

Excellent post to explain the situation at the Suns. If that’s the case I have no problem not your fault the game order. What is more disturbing is Warner’s Bay did the same thing but with fresh players so do they lose the 3 points from beating the Suns in the first round. Keyboard warriors go

The worst part is that despite all of this information which was given to the federation with all points along with team sheets (for both fixtures against WB home and away). They have ruled that we breached the rules and the points will be going to WB. Now I have no idea how they came to this decision despite the rules being very clear and our evidence.
    The email to us after we gave all of this took two full business days to decide, it was then sent right on close of business finished with “I am now on leave and cannot be reached”.
    During the week we had every call of ours to them ignored. We were refused to be spoken to.

Secondly, they said the other fixtures will not be reversed to us because they said too much time has passed.
    Well let me tell you, that’s not in the rules anywhere! They’ve literally made that rule up to suit the agenda!

We, the Suns following all of this sent an email to all ZPL clubs to find support in the matter. The only club the replied was Warners Bay, standing by their complaint on us (despite said evidence). And then - admitted to what I mentioned in the earlier point. A full admission of guilt.

I don’t know if all clubs have seen the email or not. And if any club would like the information formally sent to them with the team sheets and all the facts, please email newcastlesuns@live.com

This is something that’s probably not done very often, but for the integrity of the competition and the Zone Football panel, we have asked all clubs to either support us on this matter. Whether you agree with us or not, I think it’s fair that all clubs are aware and have their say.
    The federation with their refute to speak and unbiased ruling gave us no option but to go public with this.

Back in the day, now I’m saying many years ago. If you didn’t sign the back of the team sheet (on the day). It had a place for a dispute, be it cards, results or ineligible player and you didn’t sign. It was your fault and you had no appeal.
    Now I haven’t seen a team sheet in years so don’t have a go at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Two tone View Post
    Back in the day, now I’m saying many years ago. If you didn’t sign the back of the team sheet (on the day). It had a place for a dispute, be it cards, results or ineligible player and you didn’t sign. It was your fault and you had no appeal.
    Now I haven’t seen a team sheet in years so don’t have a go at me.
    Mate, we just want the decision to penalise us despite being within the rules to be overturned.

We know the old fixture won’t be changed. I’m just highlighting the arrogance of Warners Bay to up hold their complaint and admit they did it, despite a fresh player available on the bench, all in the one email.

It’s hypocrisy and bias at its absolute finest.

We have nothing to hide. We are an open book with this whole situation.

Doesn't rule E47 talk about borrowed players playing up a grade, not players playing down a grade or am I reading it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond019 View Post
    Doesn't rule E47 talk about borrowed players playing up a grade, not players playing down a grade or am I reading it wrong.
    It uses the assumption that fixtures are played; thirds > reserves > firsts.
    Irrespective. No player belongs to a grade until finals.
    The fact the games were played in a different order doesn’t change anything. Players that started third grade had to start reserve grade also. Players that started reserve grade had to start first grade also. This was in order to full fill a starting eleven.
    I’m not sure it can be spelled out any clearer.

You can’t penalise a club for having injured players and having to play a singular fixture weeks apart.

Banned
    We had on field players playing in goal. We had keepers on the field.
    Just wondering if you could have swapped these guys into correct position.

Also, do we have any confidence that the fed will make the correct decision?

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    Just wondering if you could have swapped these guys into correct position.

Also, do we have any confidence that the fed will make the correct decision?
    Doing so would have meant that one of those would be playing two full games on the field. This way allowed them each to have a game on the field and one in goals. Much easier to get through for the boys who had played two nights earlier.

To be honest, unless other clubs are prepared to voice their opinion, I doubt it.

Warners Bay finishing their team song with “**** the Suns” just confirms the classless club that they are. Embarrassing to say the least.
    Hahahaha absolute losers.

Sounds like someone is a bit rattled 😂

Warners Bay finishing their team song with “**** the Suns” just confirms the classless club that they are. Embarrassing to say the least.
    Hahahaha absolute losers.
    Sounds like someone is a bit rattled 😂

Ok I’ve been trying to avoid this thread but obviously a few things need to be cleared up. Firstly Lofty is talking an absolute load of waffle he’s actually embarrassed himself with some of the comments he has come out with.

The main rule in question here is simple. If your first grade fixture is played BEFORE the reserve grade fixture you CAN NOT start any player who was in the first grade starting lineup. The suns broke this rule by putting their first grade captain who STARTED in the first grade fixture into the reserve grade starting line up. Now remember it was a game the Suns needed to win to make the semi finals.

By illegally winning that game not only did you almost cost Warners bay a minor premiership you also had an unfair advantage at trying to grab a top 4 spot over the likes of Cooks Hill, Mayfield & Cardiff and that is why none of the clubs have come to your aid.

How about you try and retain a bit of integrity for your club lofty. Put your hand up admit you did the wrong thing and then we can all move on. Instead you’ve done the opposite and tried to make excuses that honestly are just making you look like a daft fool.

Ps congrats to Warners Bay reserve grade on wrapping up the minor premiership. Well deserved 👏🏼
    Last edited by FairPlay2022; 20-08-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FairPlay2022 View Post
    Ok I’ve been trying to avoid this thread but obviously a few things need to be cleared up. Firstly Lofty is talking an absolute load of waffle he’s actually embarrassed himself with some of the comments he has come out with.

The main rule in question here is simple. If your first grade fixture is played BEFORE the reserve grade fixture you CAN’T start any player who was in the first grade starting lineup. The suns broke this rule by putting their first grade captain who STARTED in the first grade fixture into the reserve grade starting line up. Now remember it was a game the Suns needed to win to make the semi finals.

By illegally winning that game not only did you almost cost Warners bay a minor premiership you also had an unfair advantage at trying to grab a top 4 spot over the likes of Cooks Hill, Mayfield & Cardiff and that is why none of the clubs have come to your aid.

How about you try and retain a bit of integrity for your club lofty. Put your hand up admit you did the wrong thing and then we can all move on. Instead you’ve done the opposite and tried to make excuses that honestly are just making you look like a daft fool.

Ps congrats to Warners Bay reserve grade on wrapping up the minor premiership. Well deserved 👏🏼
    What were the other results Vs Dudley