Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    He’s obviously just deflecting and taking a bit of heat off his old club. Couldn’t keep a clean sheet with a thousand prawn scoops.
    My old teammates called me worse come on guys bring a bit more heat my way I miss it

Quote Originally Posted by JasonKonjarski View Post
    My old teammates called me worse come on guys bring a bit more heat my way I miss it
    You're about as good as your failed goal keeping glove brand (I seen the Facebook market place adds).

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    You're about as good as your failed goal keeping glove brand (I seen the Facebook market place adds).
    They are selling quite quickly and thanks for bringing awareness to my brand
    I’m going to be bringing out a range for next season where I’m going to donate $5 per pair sold towards a charity that deals with mens mental health would be good for all clubs to jump on board and get there keepers to buy some good priced quality gloves

But I’m sure you can come up with something better then that insult think harder next time

Did azzurri play westlakes yesterday?

Westlakes wouldn’t play due to lack of numbers

A gripe of mine on this foz is the barrage that some foz members cop.
    I’m talking about the members whose identity or at least official capacity at a club is known.
    Lofty, Jardel, ForeverRed, Jason to name a few.

These types of members are usually great value for a place like the foz. They offer insight into the runnings of their club and competition and experiences. Not saying they are perfect or their comments can’t be argued or refuted, sometimes the comments can be heavily biased. But I think they cop a fair bit unnecessarily. Usually from anonymous accounts with the sole intention of trolling or taking personal shots.

Last week we saw a number of new members with no previous posts join to drive their agenda against Suns. (Both sides have now had their say and Newcastle football can deal with it).
    We’ve just seen a few people take some shots at ‘Jason’.
    We’ve also seen Lofty respond to a few comments in a rather professional manner stating the clubs position and interpretation. Sure you’re entitled to disagree with the premise of the post. But at least acknowledge it with respect.
    We’ve just seen Jardel take time to answer numerous questions about Cardiff and always answers those questions directed his way.
    There’s many other foz members with committee roles or affiliations with clubs that do similarly.

By all means, this foz is designed to have a variety of ideas and opinions on various things, and opinions will definitely differ and clash from time to time. But respect goes a long way. The foz had issues in the past with defaming posts. If you’re targeting an individual or a club with your posts, I’d be double checking prior to posting that you would be happy to post the same thing on Facebook/or even here if your real name and identity were attached. Anonymity on the foz is a responsibility not a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I’m talking about the members whose identity or at least official capacity at a club is known.

These types of members are usually great value for a place like the foz. They offer insight into the runnings of their club and competition and experiences. Not saying they are perfect or their comments can’t be argued or refuted, sometimes the comments can be heavily biased. But I think they cop a fair bit unnecessarily. Usually from anonymous accounts with the sole intention of trolling or taking personal shots.

Last week we saw a number of new members with no previous posts join to drive their agenda against Suns. (Both sides have now had their say and Newcastle football can deal with it).
    We’ve also seen Lofty respond to a few comments in a rather professional manner stating the clubs position and interpretation. Sure you’re entitled to disagree with the premise of the post. But at least acknowledge it with respect.
    We’ve just seen Jardel take time to answer numerous questions about Cardiff and always answers those questions directed his way.
    There’s many other foz members with committee roles or affiliations with clubs that do similarly.

By all means, this foz is designed to have a variety of ideas and opinions on various things, and opinions will definitely differ and clash from time to time. But respect goes a long way. The foz had issues in the past with defaming posts. If you’re targeting an individual or a club with your posts, I’d be double checking prior to posting that you would be happy to post the same thing on Facebook/or even here if your real name and identity were attached. Anonymity on the foz is a responsibility not a right.
    Well said Brem.

Do semi finals grounds for all grades still go off first grade ladder results?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Do semi finals grounds for all grades still go off first grade ladder results?
    yes

Great post mate. It’s no secret who I am. I don’t try and hide that and all my views are pretty open. I’ll never try and bring a club or individual down (except maybe now with a few bad truths). I’ve been involved in a committee role at my club since I was 19 when it was at the brink of folding. I know what it takes to get a club to the level that it is now and change the perception that it had over 20 years ago.

The last week has been embarrassing from a number of individuals who have created accounts just to try and slander my club. We were getting kicked left, right and centre until I spilled the facts.
    And then, a number of anonymous individuals with the combined IQ of Warners Bays points tally still try and put the boot in. Throw around outlandish comments and seriously making up rules that suit their agenda.

I stopped replying as I felt dumber after reading each comment. And I apologise for the rubbish people have had to read with this ordeal and it taking up so much space in the forum when it’s a topic that doesn’t need to be spoken about in one of the best seasons in reason memory. But let just say, it’s not the end of it.
    We as a club have been through the rules from top to bottom and we know where we stand. Our ressies team won’t even be making semi finals and Warners Bay already securing the premiership. But the integrity of the competition and the responsibility of the federation is just as important to me.
    I’m certainly not going to sit down to a bunch of clowns that hide behind a screen name on here, make up some nonsense rules and refuse to put them in here for everyone to see.

Newcastle Suns are an open book, we have offered everyone to take a look at all the evidence of both sagas involving Warners Bay.
    I’m my eyes, Warners Bay are the only ones letting themselves down. Had their been anyone involved in and around my club creating accounts and posting things like they have, I’d be all over that quick smart. The fact that after winning the minor premiership on the weekend against Dudley and then to chant “f**k the Suns” says everything you need to know about that club from the top down. Classless.
    The arrogance of their president to send the email he sent admitting what they did in the first round against us (started a player in firsts and ressies who in fact scored in both those games) and up hold their decision to claim a forfeit against us in a match that didn’t just have one played doubling up, there were multiple.
    They are completely ignoring the fact that players played thirds and then played ressies after in the game they are whinging about.

Sorry again for the long winded post, but people need to clean up their own backyard and stop throwing stones from glasshouses.

The federations have a lot to answer for with the way they have handled this so far also.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Banned
    Correct up to a point.

There are some on here, mainly in other threads, who vouch for a few grubs in the football community.

Ill correct these lies, not vilify, when ever needed.

Bowing to Woke cancel culture at the expense of truth will never happen from me.

The federation committee member that handles this sort've stuff is Macquarie, and the panel is made-up of the Warners Bay president. Not surprised they decided to dock the three points and refused to be held accountable for the decision.

Really well said

As senior clubs, this might be as good time to reflect on the role of the federation and how they work in utter isolation when it comes to the governance of said clubs and the zone competitions. From the structure, to the rules, to the management. Zone has so much potential, but the bottom is being hollowed-out year after year. Time to reassess.

With the exception of a few standout teams, the quality across most zone leagues this season has dropped IMO. With yet another disrupted year (how many is this now?), I expect more players to stop playing next year and, more than likely, some clubs folding entirely.

Taking that into consideration, how do clubs weigh up promotion/relegation? If you come last in ZPL is it automatic relegation or do they weigh up the options and if another club wants to go down, they allow them to do so instead? Same goes for promotion. I know that a lot of clubs reject the promotion offer, hence why Westlakes got promoted without winning the league or winning the final series.

Quote Originally Posted by Villians View Post
    As senior clubs, this might be as good time to reflect on the role of the federation and how they work in utter isolation when it comes to the governance of said clubs and the zone competitions. From the structure, to the rules, to the management. Zone has so much potential, but the bottom is being hollowed-out year after year. Time to reassess.
    WHY would the associations allow NNSW football to take over.
    NNSW would only put the entrance fee to registered a team up and how many ZL clubs can afford that. NNSW have destroyed the youth development pathway, why destroy community football as well

Quote Originally Posted by Villians View Post
    The federation committee member that handles this sort've stuff is Macquarie, and the panel is made-up of the Warners Bay president. Not surprised they decided to dock the three points and refused to be held accountable for the decision.
    sorry but i think you will find that this decision would have been made by RH only, as he runs the ZL comps.
    He might have made a few calls but generally he does this on his lonesome.
    Macquarie do all the teamsheets, but this would have went straight to him.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Westlakes wouldn’t play due to lack of numbers
    Couldn’t*
    You used the wrong letter at the start of one of your words

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Great post mate. It’s no secret who I am. I don’t try and hide that and all my views are pretty open. I’ll never try and bring a club or individual down (except maybe now with a few bad truths). I’ve been involved in a committee role at my club since I was 19 when it was at the brink of folding. I know what it takes to get a club to the level that it is now and change the perception that it had over 20 years ago.

The last week has been embarrassing from a number of individuals who have created accounts just to try and slander my club. We were getting kicked left, right and centre until I spilled the facts.
    And then, a number of anonymous individuals with the combined IQ of Warners Bays points tally still try and put the boot in. Throw around outlandish comments and seriously making up rules that suit their agenda.

I stopped replying as I felt dumber after reading each comment. And I apologise for the rubbish people have had to read with this ordeal and it taking up so much space in the forum when it’s a topic that doesn’t need to be spoken about in one of the best seasons in reason memory. But let just say, it’s not the end of it.
    We as a club have been through the rules from top to bottom and we know where we stand. Our ressies team won’t even be making semi finals and Warners Bay already securing the premiership. But the integrity of the competition and the responsibility of the federation is just as important to me.
    I’m certainly not going to sit down to a bunch of clowns that hide behind a screen name on here, make up some nonsense rules and refuse to put them in here for everyone to see.

Newcastle Suns are an open book, we have offered everyone to take a look at all the evidence of both sagas involving Warners Bay.
    I’m my eyes, Warners Bay are the only ones letting themselves down. Had their been anyone involved in and around my club creating accounts and posting things like they have, I’d be all over that quick smart. The fact that after winning the minor premiership on the weekend against Dudley and then to chant “f**k the Suns” says everything you need to know about that club from the top down. Classless.
    The arrogance of their president to send the email he sent admitting what they did in the first round against us (started a player in firsts and ressies who in fact scored in both those games) and up hold their decision to claim a forfeit against us in a match that didn’t just have one played doubling up, there were multiple.
    They are completely ignoring the fact that players played thirds and then played ressies after in the game they are whinging about.

Sorry again for the long winded post, but people need to clean up their own backyard and stop throwing stones from glasshouses.

The federations have a lot to answer for with the way they have handled this so far also.
    With your first round fixture were the matches played in the correct order ie 3rds, Ressies, 1sts? Just asking because if a player started reserve grade and then also started the next game would that not be disadvantaging your 1st grade team? At the end of the day we probably all agree that first grade is the priority so I can’t imagine why they would voluntarily want to not start with 11 fresh players?

The second round fixture first grade was the only game played yeah? So really this is all about the order of the matches being played. The lower grades were played at a later date? I think it basically comes down to whether this rule exists that you can’t start any player who started first grade. If it doesn’t exist and the federation have just made it up you might have a point but if it does you probably do deserve to be docked points. Just my opinion though.

Speaking of rules...
    A new one emerged for myself as I didn’t know it.
    A player was shadowing the ball out for a goal kick when the attacker wrapped his arm around him and basically rugby tackled him down.
    When the players questioned the decisions of the ref and touchy the reply was it happened outside of the field so get on with it.this being said anyone taking a throw or corner outside the lines are potentially free for foul play????loop hole???