Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Can’t see any games getting on this weekend with more rain predicted? How are clubs grounds holding up…
    Cant see the Zone League draw either

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Cant see the Zone League draw either
    Yeah what’s going on there?

Any postponements yet or are all games still on as planned?

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Any postponements yet or are all games still on as planned?
    Dudley v Swansea is off

W Bay vs. Azzurri off

Cardiff v Cooks Hill off

Going from socials Mayfield vs Suns off also.

Anyone know the status of Kotara vs Westlakes?

Going by Macquarie Kotara was on.
    If so any scores?

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Going by Macquarie Kotara was on.
    If so any scores?
    Kotara South vs Westlakes
    3rds 5-0 1-0 HT
    Res 5-0 2-0 HT
    1st 6-1 1-0 HT

Long day for the Cats but we were glad to be competitive for large parts of each grade.
    But good learning curve about the step up to ZPL and not switching off, get away with it in ZL1
    but not ZPL.

Big thanks to Kotara for helping us get on and providing a pitch that held up well.

The most goals they've scored since the prodigal son chase the whippet left, almost as many as they scored last season! The Kotara boys would be at the pub tonight throwing out things like 'man, we played well today' or 'i reckon we're in with a chance this year'. In actual fact they just get to play the two shittest teams in zpl rounds 1 and 2.

They'll be on the receiving end round 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    The most goals they've scored since the prodigal son chase the whippet left, almost as many as they scored last season! The Kotara boys would be at the pub tonight throwing out things like 'man, we played well today' or 'i reckon we're in with a chance this year'. In actual fact they just get to play the two shittest teams in zpl rounds 1 and 2.

They'll be on the receiving end round 3.
    Who do they have week 3 ‘the bye’
    Long year for Westlakes If Kotara are lapping them

Not that familiar with the set up at Warners Bay but is there that much difference in the two pitches that the WNPL went ahead but the ZPL was postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Not that familiar with the set up at Warners Bay but is there that much difference in the two pitches that the WNPL went ahead but the ZPL was postponed.
    They are next to each other do zero difference

ZPL saturday, decision time probably when a few hard showers hit. WNPL Sunday, sunny since mid-saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by ha'way the lads View Post
    ZPL saturday, decision time probably when a few hard showers hit. WNPL Sunday, sunny since mid-saturday?
    I thought WNPL was in the fixtures for Saturday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ha'way the lads View Post
    Both Saturday games so can’t have been much difference in the fields.

I think the WNPL was a night game, unsure if the junior and under grades got a run.. so there could of been 2 seperate calls made, at this point of the season you would want to have any chance to get a run, especially with the interrupted preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    New rules for 2022.
    ZL is squad football, therefore you dont borrow players from within ZL only from AA etc.
    5 interchange players in 3rds, WTF...

NEW RULES:

It has been a slow progression from the preseason ZFL meeting and now, to arrive at the changes noted below; non the less the Interchange and ‘Borrowed’ Player Rule (ONLY for inter ZFL movement of players) has been updated to mirror the discussion within the meeting.

ZFL Panel trusts that section ‘c’ will be managed by the Club / Team Management correctly…..the Match Official have no responsibility in ‘policing’ this matter.

c. Ruling change for Players being Utilised / ‘Borrowed’ up a Grade – ( 3rd to Res) (Res to 1st)

1. Players listed in the Starting Eleven from the previous match (that round) 3rds and Res’s; will have the ‘Borrowed Player Rule E47’ applied when moving up grades.
    2. Four Borrowed Players are permitted from 3rd to Res, from Res to 1st; and must start on the bench (unless the team (Res / 1st ) is short of a starting Eleven.
    3. Borrowed Players must be identified on the Team Sheet as being borrowed from the grade below. (B)

The responsibility of the section ‘c’ above is of the Team Managers NOT the Match Official to regulate.

Maybe I'm out of touch, but how are players 'borrowed' when they're submitted as a squad? Has this been from ZFL Meeting requests?
    Are 3rd grade players allowed to play 1st grade straight into the Starting XI, without having to sit on the bench?

Fair question, it's squad football. Anyone got any idea about this??

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rawr. View Post
    Maybe I'm out of touch, but how are players 'borrowed' when they're submitted as a squad? Has this been from ZFL Meeting requests?
    Are 3rd grade players allowed to play 1st grade straight into the Starting XI, without having to sit on the bench?
    What the rule means is that a player can’t start third grade have a rest and then start first grade, unless you are short players to actually field 11.

Any player can play in any grade but once they play in a set grade that’s considered their grade for that match day and each grade they play after that they are considered a borrowed player.

I was an actual example in the weekend just gone, played third grade GK and then started Ressies CB. I was considered a borrowed player because I had played thirds but because we didn’t have the numbers to field a starting 11 I was able to start and not be on the bench for Ressies.

It’s really only a rule for end of year to prevent teams stacking a lower grade to get results going into finals.

Of course if you want to stack from Round 1 that’s your choice