Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Villians View Post
    I reliably heard that Azzuri in ZL3 are paying a player. Now THAT'S crazy!!
    not so crazy I heard whispers of croatia gk and others on $$$ in their zl3 team also unsure how accurate but as plenty of bs gets thrown around on socials

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    not so crazy I heard whispers of croatia gk and others on $$$ in their zl3 team also unsure how accurate but as plenty of bs gets thrown around on socials
    Wrong

Would find that very hard to believe given they are a squad of pretty close mates who get shitfaced before a game.

Very strong rumours of another club in ZL3 however who offered one of the strikers at Suns to the tune of $5k to come over and play for them this season. In fact the player confirmed this to me when i asked him about it a week or so ago.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Couldn’t be further from the truth. These guys are all mates from school that have come together to play for the club for kick about. They spend all their time at the pub and don’t even train, let alone pay players. Only ZL3 team throwing cash about is Croats, that I’ve heard of anyway. Raymond Terrace used throw some about when they were higher up the ZL pyramid. Not sure about now though.

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    Couldn’t be further from the truth. These guys are all mates from school that have come together to play for the club for kick about. They spend all their time at the pub and don’t even train, let alone pay players. Only ZL3 team throwing cash about is Croats, that I’ve heard of anyway. Raymond Terrace used throw some about when they were higher up the ZL pyramid. Not sure about now though.
    When i was at Raymond Terrace years ago, some 15 years ago now prob, we got a win bonus in 1st Grade ($50) and any local juniors coming up in grade would get their regos paid by the club which imo was a great incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Would find that very hard to believe given they are a squad of pretty close mates who get shitfaced before a game.

Very strong rumours of another club in ZL3 however who offered one of the strikers at Suns to the tune of $5k to come over and play for them this season. In fact the player confirmed this to me when i asked him about it a week or so ago.
    Very hard to believe. Why would they when they already have the best front 3/4 in all of ZPL!

We seem to carry on about clubs paying players every year and tbh it shouldn’t matter what division and what club, if you want to pay players and can afford to pay them then go your hardest. Every club should be able to incentivise players however they wish whether it be rego, win bonus or season payment.

Over at Westlakes we do a rego subsidy system where every game you play, attendance to post match sponsor for drinks and training session you do is worth a set amount of dollars. If you attend every single one then you recoup the entire rego you paid out at the start of the year.

The reason we did it this way is because it applies to every Zone League rego and not just first grade or star players. So it’s equitable and entices as many as possible to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    Very hard to believe. Why would they when they already have the best front 3/4 in all of ZPL!
    Very quick to reply to this one and i didnt even mention your club! A touch insecure are we?

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    We seem to carry on about clubs paying players every year and tbh it shouldn’t matter what division and what club, if you want to pay players and can afford to pay them then go your hardest. Every club should be able to incentivise players however they wish whether it be rego, win bonus or season payment.

Over at Westlakes we do a rego subsidy system where every game you play, attendance to post match sponsor for drinks and training session you do is worth a set amount of dollars. If you attend every single one then you recoup the entire rego you paid out at the start of the year.

The reason we did it this way is because it applies to every Zone League rego and not just first grade or star players. So it’s equitable and entices as many as possible to join us.
    I agree, if you are going to pay players in ZFL so be it, own up to it.

That incentive is brilliant, a great way to attract juniors to play up in grade but also for post match sponsors etc

Very quick to reply to this one and i didnt even mention your club! A touch insecure are we?
    You mentioned us before along the same lines. Doesn’t take Einstein to work out who you meant.
    Maybe next time don’t be so gutless and name us.

You mentioned us before along the same lines. Doesn’t take Einstein to work out who you meant.
    Maybe next time don’t be so gutless and name us.
    Would love to know where I’ve mentioned anything about Newcastle Croatia paying players on this forum. Cause I certainly haven’t made any posts about it Einstein…

Would love to know where I’ve mentioned anything about Newcastle Croatia paying players on this forum. Cause I certainly haven’t made any posts about it Einstein…
    Maybe you havnt, must of been when you were bagging the club on your other social media accounts.
    Anyway you still denying you meant Croatia? Must be Bellbird then you mean 😂

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    keep digging, this is great

Maybe you havnt, must of been when you were bagging the club on your other social media accounts.
    Anyway you still denying you meant Croatia? Must be Bellbird then you mean 😂
    Don’t pay players but have offered other clubs money if they can take points of Azzurri on the run home. Sure they don’t pay players

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Don’t pay players but have offered other clubs money if they can take points of Azzurri on the run home. Sure they don’t pay players
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Now I’ve heard it all

DonÂ’t pay players but have offered other clubs money if they can take points of Azzurri on the run home. Sure they donÂ’t pay players
    Cats vs Azzurri this weekend Hacker….our record is not great but we love incentives 😇🤑

Newcastle $roatia all football mercenaries accepted. Bit different to the old days at mayfield juniors when we took every battler and reject around.

Minmi Vs Norths catchup
    3rds 0-0
    Ressies 4-4

we did that a few years back, offered a keg to take a point off the opposition, that keg went down well on our mad monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    we did that a few years back, offered a keg to take a point off the opposition, that keg went down well on our mad monday.
    If you’re referring to the game I think you are, we are still waiting for our keg!
    It's football, not s***er!!