Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Anyone know the reason why we're not getting referees in ZL1, but games in ZL3 are being supplied with 3?
    I'm aware we're losing referees and we're running low on them, I just assumed they'd fill from top to bottom?
    A lot of it is down to when you play and referee availability.Most referees are only available one day now-some play and some actually want a family life.

Anyone know the reason why we're not getting referees in ZL1, but games in ZL3 are being supplied with 3?
    I'm aware we're losing referees and we're running low on them, I just assumed they'd fill from top to bottom?
    Because teams still insist on playing on Saturday despite numerous requests from Brad Carlin to play on Sunday or Friday.
    It's been made clear as day for several years now, if you want to play on Saturday that is fine but you run the risk of not getting refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    A lot of it is down to when you play and referee availability.Most referees are only available one day now-some play and some actually want a family life.
    This, plus what Premy said as well. There are too many games across the board from npl to junior nl1 being played on saturdays which mean the numbers are stretched as is.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Appreciate the replies lads.
    I 100% understand the Saturdays issue. That day just works better for most clubs I guess and with the available refs having lives etc, it's gonna be tough.
    My question was more to the filling from 3s rather than 1s side of it tbh.

I 100% understand the Saturdays issue. That day just works better for most clubs I guess and with the available refs having lives etc, it's gonna be tough.
    Can also make more sense when you only have 2 refs to fill ZL 2/3 so one does each game, rather than just ressies and firsts, or if you have 3 refs, the 3rd is likely to be a young ref, so just having them do 2 lines.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

our game against Olympic on the weekend had no refs. surprising to me hearing about ZL3 having 3 refs especially when u consider our game was at Islington park (not like we're at Muswellbrook or something). very strange how these things are scheduled but i dont know too much about the inner workings of newcastle football

edit: just saw some others explain why so now I get it
    Last edited by cell; 09-05-2022 at 01:50 PM. Reason: new comments answered my question

Just for clarity.
    Were both fixtures you are referencing played on Saturday? I.e was the ZL3 fixture you are referring to that got 3 refs, played on a Saturday? Also was the ZL1 fixture you are referring to played on that same day?

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Just for clarity.
    Were both fixtures you are referencing played on Saturday? I.e was the ZL3 fixture you are referring to that got 3 refs, played on a Saturday? Also was the ZL1 fixture you are referring to played on that same day?
    Yeah, sure was mate.

Too many dropkicks in zone league. Referees are probably getting sick and tired of copping the same crap week after week, year after year without real sanctions to offenders. Some of the coaches are the main offenders..

That's why there is so few referees.

Can confirm, except I'd extend it too all of football in NNSW in general (and probably everywhere else, but just drawing on my own experience). Obviously not everyone, but 8 decent people don't make up for the 3 ****wits that exist in every team. Nothing will change until team mates and clubs hold the nufties to account.

EDIT: Clubs, team mates and associations. Miniscule punishments and the lack of backing referees is a joke. Only ever pay lip service then wonder why they struggle to recruit/retain referees
    Last edited by ExWhistleMan; 10-05-2022 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Too many dropkicks in zone league. Referees are probably getting sick and tired of copping the same crap week after week, year after year without real sanctions to offenders. Some of the coaches are the main offenders..

That's why there is so few referees.
    There’s too many drop kicks across the sport in general from the top down. Just look at the language professionals use, that then trickles down to juniors. I have to say though, at least in zone league and all ages, players are generally reasonable.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    There’s too many drop kicks across the sport in general from the top down. Just look at the language professionals use, that then trickles down to juniors. I have to say though, at least in zone league and all ages, players are generally reasonable.
    Having reffed zone league and now back playing All Age, I don't know where you are finding these reasonable players. It is still too rare to see team mates tell each other to shut their mouths and move on.
    This is particularly true when club refs are stepping in to help, I witnessed a team abuse the **** out of the club ref they put on because he made some small mistakes. Without some changes in how everyone acts (IMO starting with the coaches telling their player to be respectful) we will only keep losings refs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDJ View Post
    Having reffed zone league and now back playing All Age, I don't know where you are finding these reasonable players. It is still too rare to see team mates tell each other to shut their mouths and move on.
    This is particularly true when club refs are stepping in to help, I witnessed a team abuse the **** out of the club ref they put on because he made some small mistakes. Without some changes in how everyone acts (IMO starting with the coaches telling their player to be respectful) we will only keep losings refs.
    Sorry, I should’ve prefaced it by saying they’re reasonable compared to the carry on in npl and newfm. But I’ll throw out a club I reffed regularly last year, Wallsend zl1 1st grade was generally a good bunch of blokes who got on with it. Hamilton’s ressies were mostly okay too the past few years. Few dickheads, but majority fine. As opposed to an npl18s match I did a few years ago where I gave out 9 cards to 1 team, 6 of which were for dissent.

But yeah, I agree. Teams and clubs need to start policing their own, especially spectators. How many times do you see “duty officers” doing **** all?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Norths v New Lambton
    3rd 2-0
    Res- canned due to some puddles around the pitch during 3rds.
    1sts- called off tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Just for clarity.
    only one ground without referees appointed this week-saturday

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    only one ground without referees appointed this week-saturday
    That's a decent effort. Shame they're looking like washouts. Lol
    Is that ZFL wide or just 1s?

Lakes V Minmi round 1 rescheduled game results.

Thirds 0-2
    Ressies 2-4
    Firsts 0-3

That's a decent effort. Shame they're looking like washouts. Lol
    Is that ZFL wide or just 1s?
    all three divisions as far as i can tell

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Olympic v Merewether
    1st 3-2
    Res 2-1
    3rd Wed 11/5