Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone League 2 thread

2022 Zone League 2 thread

Any keepers looking for a club to play for in ZL 2022, hit me up. 0410 189 333

Garden suburbs Gone??

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Garden suburbs Gone??
    Surely not. They were always good with numbers

Heard it was a Committee v Team issue, something about not enough fellas registered in time so the committee pulled them out. Communication not good between the two if so
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Heard it was a Committee v Team issue, something about not enough fellas registered in time so the committee pulled them out. Communication not good between the two if so
    You hit the nail on the head, communication between the committee and Zone League guys was extremely poor regarding a registration cut of date.

The Committee argued that social media post and a general meeting was the communication preference of the registration cut off date. It's hilarious because the committee argues that social media is their preference of communication however the committee has made it so certain people can't communicate with them via social media. The so called general meeting was also conveniently scheduled on a night that the Zone League guys were training. The Zone League guys have asked to see minutes of this so called general meeting and to this day they have not been forthcoming.
    What ircs me the most is that certain committee members had private communication with other team's representatives in the club informing them of this cut off date but they never extended that courtesy to anyone in the Zone League. When asked to explain this several times, no one from the committee will answer why.

Unfortunately we put our trust in the committee and they betrayed that trust in my opinion. The writing was on the wall early on when the Club failed to submit the entry form into the Australian Cup, something that certain committee members were adamant was filed.
    If you ask me, this was a calculated, merciless and vindictive attempt to remove people from the club. People that the committee deemed to difficult to work with, myself probably the main culprit. This was done with little regard for the irreparable damage they have caused to the greater football community surrounding Garden Suburb FC.

To top it all off, a desperate plea was made by several past and present Zone League players and family members for the committee to reconsider their decision. Then the committee used all the backlash they received as grounds to not reconsider their decision, I know dumbfounding.

I've made lifelong friendships whilst playing for Garden Suburb and a lot of my friends lives have been built around this great little club. Now that has been ripped away from them all because of the actions of a few individuals, it's been heart breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I've made lifelong friendships whilst playing for Garden Suburb and a lot of my friends lives have been built around this great little club. Now that has been ripped away from them all because of the actions of a few individuals, it's been heart breaking.
    So, does the alleged, inept committee, get punted or do the players go to either of the Tigers?

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    So, does the alleged, inept committee, get punted or do the players go to either of the Tigers?
    The Committee timed it perfectly so we would no longer be financial members just before the AGM in a week's time.

As I said earlier, this was calculated, merciless and vindictive.
    Then the committee had they audacity to release a public statement in which they made baseless claims to have been abused and conveniently didn't allow people to publicly respond. They certainly received a lot of backlash from former and current players, life members and people who have been involved with the club for years looking for answers, however none of it was abusive.
    That was just more lies from a small group of people that robbed a community for their own selfish agenda.

Anyway we have a new home now and we're very much looking forward to the season ahead.

The Committee timed it perfectly so we would no longer be financial members just before the AGM in a week's time.

As I said earlier, this was calculated, merciless and vindictive.
    Then the committee had they audacity to release a public statement in which they made baseless claims to have been abused and conveniently didn't allow people to publicly respond. They certainly received a lot of backlash from former and current players, life members and people who have been involved with the club for years looking for answers, however none of it was abusive.
    That was just more lies from a small group of people that robbed a community for their own selfish agenda.

Anyway we have a new home now and we're very much looking forward to the season ahead.
    I feel for you premy. It's always a dilemma criticising volunteer committee members but when they think they're bigger then the club...

Which fortunate club have you ended up at?

Kieran will look after the Suburb boys down the road at Cardiff. What a blessing for Cardiff to bolster their ZL3 squad with seasoned players who are conditioned to ZL football. Cardiff ZL3 will be pretty strong you'd have to think. 2 different committees it seems. Cardiff wanting to build, Suburb only wanting who fits in their little click.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    I feel for you premy. It's always a dilemma criticising volunteer committee members but when they think they're bigger then the club...

Which fortunate club have you ended up at?
    We found a new home thanks to the guys down at Cardiff.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

We found a new home thanks to the guys down at Cardiff.
    fmd. Lowest jnrs ever and senior teams everywhere. Famine and flood at the Tangerine Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    fmd. Lowest jnrs ever and senior teams everywhere. Famine and flood at the Tangerine Tigers
    Jnrs folded last year, due to multiple reasons, CCFC is still technically still a senior based club, there are plans to rebuild the junior side of things.
    Lots of loose ends still to tie up at Evans Park.
    When all that's done and dusted the rebuild will begin.

Given Suburbs boys have gone to Cardiff and we now need another team to fill a ZL2 spot or have a bye round because "Suburbs" are not in the comp, could Cardiff nominate to go ZL2?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Devils View Post
    Given Suburbs boys have gone to Cardiff and we now need another team to fill a ZL2 spot or have a bye round because "Suburbs" are not in the comp, could Cardiff nominate to go ZL2?
    No, we didn't acquire all there squad, a heap of there players left and went to other clubs, we only picked up about half of them if that and not all 1st graders.
    Long way to go for our ZL3 side at the moment.

Kurri or Croatia would be a better option i think.
    Last edited by Jardelsimage; 12-03-2022 at 06:59 AM.

Fair enough, I know Kurri have been struggling for players lately and from trial results I don’t know if Croatia have the depth, hopefully someone can step up

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Devils View Post
    I think the big issue is the loss of zone league teams altogether. The association can keep pushing teams up but it's not going to solve the issue of teams dropping out of zone league.

Is it a result of too many players moving from club to club? Maybe some players feel it is easier to move to a successful club rather then battle for a team that wasn't successful the year before.

Morisset dropping out is a big loss. It's difficult to see how the west side of Lake Macquarie has only 2 senior football sides (Toronto and Westlakes). Obviously it's a big player market for Lake Macquarie NPL and junior clubs but the Morisset/ Bonnells Bay area is a big growing area. Surely they can sustain a zone league 3 side at minimum.

The last few years have seen too many clubs come and go, but you hope that one day the zone league could crack 40 sustainable teams.

The Garden Suburbs / Cardiff situation was different, both clubs lost players and it was a win/win for both parties especially given the suburbs players were left without a home. But as previously discussed, other teams are better prepared for higher divisions.

Three grades is too much for zone football

I think its definitely a generational thing that is killing a lot of the zone league clubs.
    Not many of the younger generation keen to put the little extra efforts in that make a zone league football club run. Most just want to turn up play/ train and go home again. That's why there are huge numbers of all age teams these days. Clubs are slowly dying off as they aren't regenerating squads or committees, by no fault of their own.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Three grades is too much for zone football
    I agree. 3rd grade can be ZL2/3 if you have more players.