Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone League 3 thread

Cardiff v Kurri
    First grade Cardiff 4-1
    Reserves 1-1

Is it true the Croatian superstars hoping to jump up to ZL1 couldn’t beat Medowie..

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Is it true the Croatian superstars hoping to jump up to ZL1 couldn’t beat Medowie..
    They need to worry about ZL3 first

Must be wrong to have ambition these days and you are wrong it’s ZPL 😎

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    They need to worry about ZL3 first
    Don’t you worry they are.

Is it true the Croatian superstars hoping to jump up to ZL1 couldnÂ’t beat Medowie..
    Obviously the last clash between Azzurri and Newcastle croatia is a must win for Croatia in the race for promotion. Azzurri have had an exceptionally good season so far, Croatia's year has been pretty good too. May the best team win.

Obviously for us at Cardiff we will be looking to get points off both teams in our hunt for a top 4 finish. The challenge is pretty big and we will nearly have to be faultless to get near both. Obviously a win previously over Azzurri gives us some confidence against them, but I think they are a different beast now.

Croatia were excellent against us, The challenge to get points off them is immense but we will give it a crack.

Who knows, with only 7 teams in league 2 there maybe an option that the top 2 maybe both given the option of promotion.

They beat Medowie today, I believe that the score line was 24-0

No it was Raymond terrace
    First grade 24-0 Croatia
    Res grade 6-0 Croatia

😳

Can beat every team 30-0 but it’s all about coming first in the end

From what I hear and have read Croatia should be coming first. If the don't finish first, then they should be disappointed.

Especially when they are playing B squads of Hamilton Azzurri and Cardiff and are behind Azzurri.

I played for a few zone league clubs, including a poor mayfield side who were touched up by Hamilton Azzurri in zl3 a few years ago. That Hamilton Azzurri team were good, I don't think they lost a game?They wouldn't have had the names or reputations of the Croatia team.

I was also told by a mate that plays zl1 that Croatia are trying to poach players big time next year. He has a relative that plays for Medowie. Apparently Croatia made an approach to a medowie player after the game the other night through a coach, poor form.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    From what I hear and have read Croatia should be coming first. If the don't finish first, then they should be disappointed.

Especially when they are playing B squads of Hamilton Azzurri and Cardiff and are behind Azzurri.

I played for a few zone league clubs, including a poor mayfield side who were touched up by Hamilton Azzurri in zl3 a few years ago. That Hamilton Azzurri team were good, I don't think they lost a game?They wouldn't have had the names or reputations of the Croatia team.

I was also told by a mate that plays zl1 that Croatia are trying to poach players big time next year. He has a relative that plays for Medowie. Apparently Croatia made an approach to a medowie player after the game the other night through a coach, poor form.
    Poaching happens in every single comp

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post

1000% didn’t happen but Im sure a mate from ZL1 would know what’s happening at Croatia 🤦😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
    No it was Raymond terrace
    First grade 24-0 Croatia
    Res grade 6-0 Croatia
    OK, there must be more to the Scoreline. Yes Croatia are good, but Raymond Terrace are running 4th??

Azzurri v Cardiff washed out

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    OK, there must be more to the Scoreline. Yes Croatia are good, but Raymond Terrace are running 4th??
    Splendor is on this weekend, lots of young blokes are known to attend

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Splendor is on this weekend, lots of young blokes are known to attend
    Yeah I'm sure that is a very probable explanation. Surely if numbers were so bad you would just forfeit, especially against a strong team.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Yeah I'm sure that is a very probable explanation. Surely if numbers were so bad you would just forfeit, especially against a strong team.
    The entire first grade side was out due to a birthday. The captain told the coach to forfeit, they decided to play. Reserve grade playing both games against one of the strongest teams in the comp, no surprises over the score line. Seems like Croatia forget to mention this on their socials, I have heard that comments have even been deleted from the terrace boys when this was mentioned.

Can't forfeit just first grade, have to forfeit both grades or just reserves. Lame from the boys to choose day drinking for a bday over playing - deserved the serving they got then.

Quote Originally Posted by Villians View Post
    Can't forfeit just first grade, have to forfeit both grades or just reserves. Lame from the boys to choose day drinking for a bday over playing - deserved the serving they got then.
    Depends how you want to look at it I guess. It is only ZL3, players sign up to this league to do away with the commitments of Higher leagues. If they want to enjoy one weekend out of the entire season then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Villians View Post
    Heaven forbid having a social life outside of 5th tier football in Newcastle...
    It's football, not s***er!!