Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 2022 Zone League 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Villians View Post
    Watched the game. Pitch was immaculate, but facilities were lacking for a busy grand final. Newcastle Croatia doesn't have any holes. All of their goals were topshelf finishes. Cardiff worked hard and were valiant, but you could tell there wasn't a point in the game where they controlled it.

You would think if they keep that side together they would jump a couple levels. Drubbing teams with footy scores isn't going to keep clubs in the lower end of the zone ladder
    I think Kurraka Oval is a good venue for a zone league 3 grand final, excellent pitch.

BUT having both zone league 2 and 3 grand finals on at the same venue didn't work. No parking and only 2 dressing sheds were big issues. Surely zone league 2 and zone league 3 grand finals are big enough to be separate events? But overall would be happy to see another zl3 grand final out at Fletcher if there is only one field active.

Correct, Croatia controlled the game. Against them you need to be at the top of your game and take any decent chances that come your way.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I think Kurraka Oval is a good venue for a zone league 3 grand final, excellent pitch.

BUT having both zone league 2 and 3 grand finals on at the same venue didn't work. No parking and only 2 dressing sheds were big issues. Surely zone league 2 and zone league 3 grand finals are big enough to be separate events? But overall would be happy to see another zl3 grand final out at Fletcher if there is only one field active.

Correct, Croatia controlled the game. Against them you need to be at the top of your game and take any decent chances that come your way.
    Was able to get out to watch this one and see why all the hype is around Croatia and they didn't dissapoint, a number of good players across the pitch I can now see why they dished up some of the scorelines they did in this competition, unfortunately for cardiff they were just outplayed on the day and had some absolute quality finishes go in against them although they did have a couple of chances at goal but were very limited at breaking them down, looked to be an excellent surface however as mentioned above only 1 grandfinal should be played I found it very annoying with the referees whistle as to what pitch it was occuring on however it did not look like it caused any grief during the match, parking was terrible but with the crowd that was there to be expected.

Quite a large turnout from the croatian supporters created a good atmosphere at a large very open facility, cardiff also had a decent showing, a credit to both teams for the sportsmanship displayed both during and after the match the words spoken from both captains was a credit to them and their respective clubs all in all I had a very enjoyable day watching the game congratulations to both teams on making the grandfinal

Hope the Newcastle Croatia boys were proud of their 'brothers' down south supporters behaviour last night.

Embarrassing, No place in the game. Maybe they should keep them down in league 3 as we don't want that crap up the divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Hope the Newcastle Croatia boys were proud of their 'brothers' down south supporters behaviour last night.

Embarrassing, No place in the game. Maybe they should keep them down in league 3 as we don't want that crap up the divisions.
    Not sure why Newcastle should be linked to or punished because of the inexcusable actions of some people associated with Sydney United.
    Nice attempt are drawing a long but this has nothing to do with Newcastle Croatia.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Riverboy gone fishing. Clown.

I did hear at No.2 that Jake McGuiness may be linking back up with his father next year. Monumental loss for Croatia if correct

What a bizzare comment, Looking at the socials they were probably there supporting Sydney United like many others were, I believe the Croatian Soccer Tournament was held in Sydney on the weekend, looked to be a great atmosphere from what I could see on the tv, just my 2c on it all but I think we need to scrap all the pre match stuff thats helping the media in generating alot of these issues, whatever happened to get the crowds in get the players on the pitch shake hands and get on with the match.

On the socials looks like mcguiness and others have already been retained for next year but we all know things can change I thought this forum would go quiet now the season has ended

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bit of a weird comment. Though how Croatia is Newcastle Croatia? Not many Croats in the team and I know 3 players are Serbs. Which wouldn't be allowed at United 58 or Melbourne Knights

Never join the police force mate, otherwise plenty will end up in jail. I think you are off the mark.

Put them up a division or 2, too good for zone league 3.