Thread: 2022 Zone League 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
    Bellbird v newcastle Croatia
    1st 0-10
    Res 4-0
    How many from the great Luke Lawless

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Facebook pages says he got none, although he might not have played.
    Jake McGuiness got 7

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Facebook pages says he got none, although he might not have played.
    Jake McGuiness got 7
    That’s a day out. Surely he will get bored of it

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    No goals, but 6 assists.

Cardiff vs Medowie
    1st: 1-1
    Res: 6-1
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Early doors
    Looks like Newcastle Croatia and Azzurri the 2 teams to beat.

Raymond Terraces first up loss to Newcastle Croatia doesn't look too bad only going down 4-2. But was there a story behind the forfeit on Sunday?

Cardiff had a good win over azzurri but results look a little patchy since, there was a mention of players missing??

Kurri, flogged by azzurri. Must have been missing players.

Medowie's result looked decent on weekend?

Believe Terrace had a few covid cases run through the squad so were unable to field enough for 2 teams
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Been told that Raymond Terrace had quite a few out with COVID. Could only scrape together a side for Reserve Grade then just decided to call it quits on Saturday morning. Gave our boys a rest after Friday night though. Hopefully they don’t have it too bad

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Early doors
    Looks like Newcastle Croatia and Azzurri the 2 teams to beat.

Raymond Terraces first up loss to Newcastle Croatia doesn't look too bad only going down 4-2. But was there a story behind the forfeit on Sunday?

Cardiff had a good win over azzurri but results look a little patchy since, there was a mention of players missing??

Kurri, flogged by azzurri. Must have been missing players.

Medowie's result looked decent on weekend?
    Cardiff definitely have had some decent players missing but probably most teams have. So we can't use that for any excuses, especially the last 2 games where numbers were decent. With 35 signed there is always players missing...

Azzurri and Newcastle Croatia impressive. Newcastle Croatia have recruited well and will take some effort to beat them when they have everyone on deck.

Newcastle Croatia impressive. Newcastle Croatia have recruited well and will take some effort to beat them when they have everyone on deck.[/QUOTE]

The team filled with players who find it too hard to challenge themselves at the level they are capable of but prefer to beat up on lesser opposition and make out like they're world beaters?

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Newcastle Croatia impressive. Newcastle Croatia have recruited well and will take some effort to beat them when they have everyone on deck.
    The team filled with players who find it too hard to challenge themselves at the level they are capable of but prefer to beat up on lesser opposition and make out like they're world beaters?[/QUOTE]

Judging by their recruitment I doubt sticking around in ZL3 is their ambition, from what I recall hearing they were told to start from the bottom since reforming which is fair. A fair majority of blokes running around in zl can play at whatever level they want the fact is work commitments and training multiple nights a week makes that decision a bit easier when choosing to still have a kick hence why most zl comps are fairly strong from what I have seen over the last few yrs that's my take on it anyways

Newcastle Croatia impressive. Newcastle Croatia have recruited well and will take some effort to beat them when they have everyone on deck.
    The team filled with players who find it too hard to challenge themselves at the level they are capable of but prefer to beat up on lesser opposition and make out like they're world beaters?[/QUOTE]
    Whatever mate 🤦*♂️

The team filled with players who find it too hard to challenge themselves at the level they are capable of but prefer to beat up on lesser opposition and make out like they're world beaters?[/QUOTE

Or maybe they just wanted to join a club who has ambition to go places and wanted to be apart of that.

Correct - from what I understand the club has big plans to move up through the grades and eventually Bring juniors in as well.
    Yes they were told you have to start at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    The team filled with players who find it too hard to challenge themselves at the level they are capable of but prefer to beat up on lesser opposition and make out like they're world beaters?
    Judging by their recruitment I doubt sticking around in ZL3 is their ambition, from what I recall hearing they were told to start from the bottom since reforming which is fair. A fair majority of blokes running around in zl can play at whatever level they want the fact is work commitments and training multiple nights a week makes that decision a bit easier when choosing to still have a kick hence why most zl comps are fairly strong from what I have seen over the last few yrs that's my take on it anyways[/QUOTE]

Correct - from what I understand the club has big plans to move up through the grades and eventually Bring juniors in as well.
    Yes they were told you have to start at the bottom.

Well buddy, newcastle Croatia had to start from the bottom, that’s how things work these days. They recruited good players to go up divisions, not to just sit in zone league 3. There aim is to go higher, and hopefully soon enough add juniors to there list, so if there gonna beat up on lesser opposition now , so be it, that’s the only way you gonna make it up to the higher divisions, isn’t that how it works, or am I wrong. 🇭🇷🇭🇷⚽️⚽️

As someone who will play against Newcastle this season, myself personally and I think all of my team mates welcome the challenge. If Newcastle is to be promoted this season you best believe we plan to make them earn it and push for promotion ourselves.

They all seem like pretty decent blokes that just want to play Football on the weekend, much like the rest of us. My only gripe is that I blew out my Hamstring in the first 20 minutes of the season against Hamilton so I missed the first game against Newcastle and will miss the next game.
    All the best to the players and the club as a whole in this new chapter, enjoy the highs and hopefully we can deal you a few lows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
    Well buddy, newcastle Croatia had to start from the bottom, that’s how things work these days. They recruited good players to go up divisions, not to just sit in zone league 3. There aim is to go higher, and hopefully soon enough add juniors to there list, so if there gonna beat up on lesser opposition now , so be it, that’s the only way you gonna make it up to the higher divisions, isn’t that how it works, or am I wrong. 🇭🇷🇭🇷⚽️⚽️
    Nothing wrong at all with having a bit of ambition. We’ve all had to start at the bottom, then some clubs just aim to climb higher in a shorter timeframe. Good to see the Croats giving it a red hot crack early days.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    The joys of an actual football pyramid. Until NPL/a league..
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    As someone who will play against Newcastle this season, myself personally and I think all of my team mates welcome the challenge. If Newcastle is to be promoted this season you best believe we plan to make them earn it and push for promotion ourselves.

They all seem like pretty decent blokes that just want to play Football on the weekend, much like the rest of us. My only gripe is that I blew out my Hamstring in the first 20 minutes of the season against Hamilton so I missed the first game against Newcastle and will miss the next game.
    All the best to the players and the club as a whole in this new chapter, enjoy the highs and hopefully we can deal you a few lows.

Goodluck with the Hammy mate, hope your back on the park sooner than later. With all these washout games, I dare say you won’t miss many more. 🇭🇷🇭🇷⚽️