Thread: 2022 Zone League 3 thread

Azzurri v Medowie

1sts: Azzurri 2-1
    Res: Azzurri 3-2

Azzurri v Bellbird

1sts: Azzurri 10-0
    Res: Bellbird 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    The stories you hear out on the drink....
    What's the story with a brawl in the Kurri v Croatia game??

Massive Brawl in Rezzies, no refs tempers flaring for most of the 2nd half, some grubby challenges from Croatia and disgusting abuse towards the young club ref didn't help. Things hit boiling point late in the half with some questionable behavior by a Croatia player, 5 minutes later a heavy challenge from a Kurri player led to punches being thrown. Brawl kicked off with numerous players from boths sides going at one another before the Croatia coaching staff ran out escalating things further putting players in Head-locks and upper cutting people. Disgusting to see really as a spectator both sides were involved but Croatia definitely made tempers flare from the start of the game and kept the brawl going. Once it settled kicked back off again after a Croatia spectator decided to get involved, culminating with a duty officer from Kurri being punched trying to break up the fight. Game Abandoned in the end. Both sides to blame but as a neutral spectator have to say some of the Croatia players and the head coach have some answering to do after making things much worse with it being more of a 3 v 6 in terms of actual brawlers in Croatia's favour. Could he some length suspensions for both teams coming in

It’s looking likely that azzuri will win promotion over Croatia ? How do the Croatians feel about this

Quote Originally Posted by FootballFiend4957 View Post
    Massive Brawl in Rezzies, no refs tempers flaring for most of the 2nd half, some grubby challenges from Croatia and disgusting abuse towards the young club ref didn't help. Things hit boiling point late in the half with some questionable behavior by a Croatia player, 5 minutes later a heavy challenge from a Kurri player led to punches being thrown. Brawl kicked off with numerous players from boths sides going at one another before the Croatia coaching staff ran out escalating things further putting players in Head-locks and upper cutting people. Disgusting to see really as a spectator both sides were involved but Croatia definitely made tempers flare from the start of the game and kept the brawl going. Once it settled kicked back off again after a Croatia spectator decided to get involved, culminating with a duty officer from Kurri being punched trying to break up the fight. Game Abandoned in the end. Both sides to blame but as a neutral spectator have to say some of the Croatia players and the head coach have some answering to do after making things much worse with it being more of a 3 v 6 in terms of actual brawlers in Croatia's favour. Could he some length suspensions for both teams coming in
    Like it’s said there’s always two sides to every story and then there’s the truth.
    You version has some huge holes in the actual events and I’ll leave it at that. We will wait on the report and outcome from Newcastle Football.

Quote Originally Posted by FootballFiend4957 View Post
    Don’t know what game you were watching champ, that is no where near the truth, was a good game and we’re no bad tackles from either side till the last 10 minute’s of the game, when Kurri player took out Croatian player, than grabbed him by the throat, a Croatian player came in to help his mate, were that Croatian player that game in to help got dog hit from behind from Kurri player, than everyone ran in and got involved.
    Kurri spectator which was sitting on grandstand, game on pitch and pushed Croatian coach in face, than Kurri president came on, and was telling the young ref which is his son, who to give red cards too and etc, which he provoked the incident even further more, he should not of even entered the playing area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    It’s looking likely that azzuri will win promotion over Croatia ? How do the Croatians feel about this
    It is what it is, goodluck to the Azzurri boy’s they have dug deep all year, and have got the result’s when needed. Always’s next season.

I thought Croatia were going to come in get promoted in the first year and skip ZL2 and ZL1 and go straight to ZPL. I’d hate to be the coach with that playing roster that couldn’t get out of ZL3. I’d leave that absolute failure off the resume

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I thought Croatia were going to come in get promoted in the first year and skip ZL2 and ZL1 and go straight to ZPL. I’d hate to be the coach with that playing roster that couldn’t get out of ZL3. I’d leave that absolute failure off the resume
    Good one 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    Good one 😂😂
    Compare squads. Croatia shouldn’t have dropped a point let alone missed promotion.

My personal thoughts are that I couldn’t be happier the way our first season back has unfolded. Most of you youngsters wouldn’t know that Croatia existed in local football in the mid 80s and early 90s so it took a load of background work to start this club back from scratch after 27/28 years. We have bigger plans for the future and knew it will be a long process and we are willing to do that.

In the beginning of this year I just wanted to be competitive and I think we have more than shown that we are and would be in higher divisions.

If Azzurri wins the promotion then all the best to them as being the most consistent team all year.

Doesn’t matter what comp we are in personally I just want to see out colours running around again.

Compare squads. Croatia shouldn’t have dropped a point let alone missed promotion.
    Azzurri wouldn’t be where they are if they didn’t have a decent squad.
    We have not missed promotion yet 😜

Compare squads. Have you watched azzurri play, they have just as good players as Newcastle Croatia, which could be playing higher level aswell, so no we don’t feel bad, if it was the like’s of any of the other team’s to win the comp than yes you have a valid point, we are just happy we could have our team playing again. Goodluck to Azzurri.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
    Don’t know what game you were watching champ, that is no where near the truth, was a good game and we’re no bad tackles from either side till the last 10 minute’s of the game, when Kurri player took out Croatian player, than grabbed him by the throat, a Croatian player came in to help his mate, were that Croatian player that game in to help got dog hit from behind from Kurri player, than everyone ran in and got involved.
    Kurri spectator which was sitting on grandstand, game on pitch and pushed Croatian coach in face, than Kurri president came on, and was telling the young ref which is his son, who to give red cards too and etc, which he provoked the incident even further more, he should not of even entered the playing area.
    I just went up to catch some mutual friends play for the first time this season and it was a pretty firey game as a neutral I don't watch much ZL I usually stick to NPL and NL1 it was a pretty embarrassing sight for both clubs really, like I said both sides are to blame and both sides have some answers to provide, For me as a referee the abuse directed to the club referee who only looked about 17-18 from Croatia was terrible for me and I can't really blame his dad for coming down and trying to help him it would be very intimidating at that age trying to handle something like that

Don't know if it's still the case but several years ago you didn't have to win the comp to go up to a higher division. Pretty sure you could nominate to play in any division if you could back up the application.

Compare squads. Croatia shouldnÂ’t have dropped a point let alone missed promotion.
    Azzurri and Croatia are both extremely good sides and could easily be competitive in zl1 at a minimum but probably higher.

In my time involved in zl3 I haven't seen 2 sides of such quality in this division at the same time. In the past there has been some good sides, Argenton, Azzurri , Miami and Lakes set the bar high. I'm not sure that they would beat these 2.

Croatia certainly have the best team put together at this level, Azzurri also have quality in there ranks. At cardiff, we are trying our best to give either a good fight. Doesn't help when you have 17 players unavailable, which happened last Thursday against Azzurri. That makes it even harder to compete.

I'll start this with a disclaimer that I wasn't at the Newcastle vs Kurri game and in no way should any violence be condoned. I hope both clubs are proactive and discipline any trouble makers before the joint Zone Committee is forced to get involved.

Now that said, I can definitely feel the frustration from the Newcastle guy's regarding Club Ref's at Kurri. I understand that being a ref is hard and it is hard to be critical of a volunteer but I must say the game's this season I've played vs Kurri at Kurri have been beyond dangerous. The Kurri guy's knew they could fly into challenges dangerously and not suffer any repercussions for doing so, it was a miracle we got out of Kurri one night with only one player suffering a season ending injury. The frustration set's in as the Club Ref clearly knew how to issue cards and call fouls but he was extremely forthcoming in doing that against Kurri. The guy we had, he issued them for dissent to our guy's for questioning an offside call but allowed the Kurri guy's to call him some very vulgar name's. There are many more examples like that, that I could give you but we all get the picture.

I'm not surprised one bit to hear something like this has happened, it was bound to happen.
    Again I'm not excusing the actions of anyone involved in the incident this weekend, I just thought I would add a little context of my experience from playing at Kurri this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I'll start this with a disclaimer that I wasn't at the Newcastle vs Kurri game and in no way should any violence be condoned. I hope both clubs are proactive and discipline any trouble makers before the joint Zone Committee is forced to get involved.

Now that said, I can definitely feel the frustration from the Newcastle guy's regarding Club Ref's at Kurri. I understand that being a ref is hard and it is hard to be critical of a volunteer but I must say the game's this season I've played vs Kurri at Kurri have been beyond dangerous. The Kurri guy's knew they could fly into challenges dangerously and not suffer any repercussions for doing so, it was a miracle we got out of Kurri one night with only one player suffering a season ending injury. The frustration set's in as the Club Ref clearly knew how to issue cards and call fouls but he was extremely forthcoming in doing that against Kurri. The guy we had, he issued them for dissent to our guy's for questioning an offside call but allowed the Kurri guy's to call him some very vulgar name's. There are many more examples like that, that I could give you but we all get the picture.

I'm not surprised one bit to hear something like this has happened, it was bound to happen.
    Again I'm not excusing the actions of anyone involved in the incident this weekend, I just thought I would add a little context of my experience from playing at Kurri this season.
    Thakyou for that, because that’s how it actually happened with us aswell. I got given a red card for simply asking a question once everything ended on the sideline, but not by the ref, the ref’s father intervened and told him to give me a red card, and another player of ours which provoked the situation even further.

Never been any different up there comes with being a rugby league town.

Both teams should be ashamed quite frankly. Fancy putting that type of pressure on a young official who’s only learning.

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    Both teams should be ashamed quite frankly. Fancy putting that type of pressure on a young official who’s only learning.
    Champ, when you know all the facts than comment, otherwise no need for your 10c worth.