Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 227

Thread: 2022 Women's Premier League thread

  1. #141
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    110
    Again, the offer is there. If you are happy to step away from the keyboard and have a discussion.
    Who knows, you may have valid ideas and points the club has not considered?
    It’s been a hellish ride for sure. One I hope we see the back of very soon - not easy when everyone is dropping so many volunteer hours into. If we weren’t committed, why would we continue to spend so much time on club football?

  2. #142
    Magic Sign Rhali Dobson wonder how all this goes especially with her big Ego and the already big egos at Magic

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Unfortunately all we ever hear is propaganda from you and it would be useless having any type of conversation. You have had a procession of sacking players and coaches over the last couple of seasons so how could anyone join your club with any confidence?


    The shambles that is NL Women's Football today lies squarely on the shoulders of the Football Manager & President and is unlikely to improve for a very long time.
    Building from the ground up is the right thing to do. Buying a title in year 1 or 2 or whatever it was did nothing but get an average coach a title on his cv and some other short term jobs going forward. Clearly that model doesn’t work for anyone.

    New Lambtons womens program is currently embarrassing to look at and needs extensive work. Hopefully that work IS being done and we’re not just getting lip service.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    Magic Sign Rhali Dobson wonder how all this goes especially with her big Ego and the already big egos at Magic
    Do you know Rhali?

    What egos are at Magic? Wouldn’t egos be where jets players are?

  5. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    She’s not that good
    good enough to play for Australia

  6. #146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    good enough to play for Australia
    doesn’t change my opinion

  7. #147
    Interesting. Last I heard she was playing Azzurri men's reserve grade. Apparently knows Graham Law well.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Do you know Rhali?

    What egos are at Magic? Wouldn’t egos be where jets players are?
    Yes she is a known wanker just ask the merewether girls they hated her
    And the coach and her clashing will be good fun to watch
    Go A-Town

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    Yes she is a known wanker just ask the merewether girls they hated her
    And the coach and her clashing will be good fun to watch
    Go A-Town
    What about warners bay where a lot of the girls who are there now, previously had a massive falling out after they won the comp? It looks like they’ve got older and matured, you’d hope the same for Magic.

    Do agree that any clashes involving the coach will be fun to watch from the sidelines.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickandgiggle View Post
    What about warners bay where a lot of the girls who are there now, previously had a massive falling out after they won the comp? It looks like they’ve got older and matured, you’d hope the same for Magic.

    Do agree that any clashes involving the coach will be fun to watch from the sidelines.
    Anything to make the competition stronger and more competitive will be good hopefully out of these girls playing in the local comp we can find some gems and new local young talent coming through the grades

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickandgiggle View Post
    What about warners bay where a lot of the girls who are there now, previously had a massive falling out after they won the comp? It looks like they’ve got older and matured, you’d hope the same for Magic.

    Do agree that any clashes involving the coach will be fun to watch from the sidelines.
    What do any of these players have to be arrogant about? If the WLeague is the pinnacle the Jets teams are terrible. Every week in Summer. A tough watch. If a Rhali Dobson is full of her own self importance, surely she realises that You Tube exists. Humility is the safest option. If Barry Dawson is to be believed, NL girls might have a few tough old years but long term success tastes sweeter when it's earnt. Not sure if I share his confidence.

  12. #152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    634
    Watching Charly V Middies and the current Middies keeper ( Parsons) has been pretty decent today, not sure why they went out and got Coehlo as that position isn’t the issue and I don’t think Coehlo would be much better if at all. They should have used that money to try and entice another onfield player to join them. Will be rough on the keeper to drop to Res grade when Coehlo final is available for a game.

  13. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    156
    Warners Bay need to improve a lot to live up to the hype.
    Are they missing players or is the full team for the last 2 rounds that most people rate as favourites to win the competition?

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Warners Bay need to improve a lot to live up to the hype.
    Are they missing players or is the full team for the last 2 rounds that most people rate as favourites to win the competition?
    Not sure if they were missing anyone but what a game Adamstown have to be the grubbiest team in the comp and the fact Ryan drives his team to hurt players is a joke also over the loud speaker for warners bay second goal old mate said (the ball didn’t cross the line but goal to warners bay the score now 2-1) that shouldn’t be happening how embarrassing for a club to do that comp is shaping up nicely but was good to see Olympic have an improved performance and also middies played a lot better
    NL today still proving to be an embarrassment poor girls I feel for them

  15. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    156
    Any news on the injured New Lambton Keeper? Hopefully she is ok

  16. #156
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    3
    Magic are favourites to win the comp and deservedly so. Similar budget to W Bay but the $$ are spread more evenly to players who all do their job well.
    One of W Bay best players riding the bench is not helping them, their highest paid player/coach prefers not to play in her best position and the GK must be a concern for the player/coach.
    Tara Andrews and AJ look to be hitting top for again which is good to see and will certainly help W Bay challenge for the Premiership. Tara, Rhali, Gemma House and AJ to name but a few definitely some quality strikers in the competition at present! 6 teams fighting for 4 places in the finals so a lot to look forward to.

  17. #157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Any news on the injured New Lambton Keeper? Hopefully she is ok
    New Lambton keeper was taken away by ambulance but they had her sitting up and even had her stand up to get on the trolley to go in the back of the ambulance. Believe she had a back spasm.

  18. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    New Lambton keeper was taken away by ambulance but they had her sitting up and even had her stand up to get on the trolley to go in the back of the ambulance. Believe she had a back spasm.
    Thanks

  19. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    634
    Watched Northen TSP V Jets game last night for girls born in 07 with some 08 kids thrown in.

    TSP won 1-0 that team was thrown together late and the coach was only told she would be in charge the day before and the Jets would majority be playing and training together each week. On last nights game you would have thought the opposite, a few sheepish looking Jets coaches at the end of the game.

  20. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4theluv View Post
    Magic are favourites to win the comp and deservedly so. Similar budget to W Bay but the $$ are spread more evenly to players who all do their job well.
    One of W Bay best players riding the bench is not helping them, their highest paid player/coach prefers not to play in her best position and the GK must be a concern for the player/coach.
    Tara Andrews and AJ look to be hitting top for again which is good to see and will certainly help W Bay challenge for the Premiership. Tara, Rhali, Gemma House and AJ to name but a few definitely some quality strikers in the competition at present! 6 teams fighting for 4 places in the finals so a lot to look forward to.
    Yes think you are spot on with Magic as favourites and your observations of WB.
    I think its going to be 3 teams fighting for 4th, Charlestown, Adamstown and Olympic.
    After being able to view a few games here is how I think they will finish
    1. Magic
    2. Warner's Bay
    3. Maitland
    4. Olympic
    5. Charlestown
    6. Adamstown
    7. Middies
    8. NL
    With Magic taking out the double.

    Adamstown to win most yellow cards, they currently sit on 12 yellows from 7 games absolutely streaking away from Magic (7) & Maitland (6) who make up the top 3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •