Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    yeah, that is a bit rough - 5 is a lot - of course they are going to flog a bunch of young players. The fact they didn't in rd 1 is very worrying from a coaching perspective I guess.

From where I sit, having that many players stacked in one side hurts the competition on both ends. For the big clubs, big players can gloss over tactical or coaching issues, which hinder development when those players move o (look at NL as a result, hopefully doesn't happy to wbay)

And for the NL girls, its going to take a very special type of player to stick that out for a few years and not just quit back to park football or quit football altogether
    National League girls didn’t play for first 3 or 4 games, Jets coach require them to have break prior to jumping into the local comp after intensity of highest league. Shows Warners Bay would probably struggle to make top 4 without Andrews, Allen & Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    National League girls didn’t play for first 3 or 4 games, Jets coach require them to have break prior to jumping into the local comp after intensity of highest league. Shows Warners Bay would probably struggle to make top 4 without Andrews, Allen & Davis.

yeah ok that makes sense - and probably reinforces a lot of the discourse on here today. If we want to develop and solely develop, evening out the comp as much as possible is the best way to do that.

Lopsided rosters where those few individuals make such a big difference to a teams outcome doesn't really develop anyone. If anything it makes average players comfortable.

Blow out scores not quarantined to the women, NNSWF Northern League One reserve grade mens game finished 17 nil last weekend. All NNSWF ‘PREMIER’ competitions in both seniors and juniors seriously lacking depth, needs a reassessment by the supreme powers.

"Ressies with an under 20s quota" - This is currently the case. I think there must be 7 or 8 U20's on the team sheet.

There is no doubt women's football is a work in progress, but the progress is there. Azzurri/Merewether reserve grade last season took almost everyone who wanted to play. This year there was real pressure for spots from the successful U17's team, plus a few ex Jets players. There are ex Azzurri players who would be starters in NL 1st grade, but they have gone to play ID A grade, for various reasons.

There is no magic bullet for this - sure you can throw money at it to get older players to play longer, but is that really solving the problem? Al Logue was done two years ago, but Magic have enticed her to keep playing, and she is still the best goal keeper in the competition.

The huge amount of work put in by the clubs and the coaches is making a difference, the Azzurri and WB reserves teams are the best I have ever seen in the competition, and those girls will be pushing for 1st grade places, and if they don't get them hopefully moving to other clubs. Some of the WB res team have already played a lot of 1st grade.

Everything takes time, keep the faith ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    Adamstown matching it the past few weeks. Magic and Bay still clear leaders.
    How long till House is back for the Ladies at Darling Street ?
    Olympic starting to lose touch with the top 4, It’s only early but some decent sides above them.
    House playing reserve grade today.

Has there ever been a bigger score then 16-0?

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Has there ever been a bigger score then 16-0?
    17 nil in a mens reserve grade match last weekend, bel swans v Nick Nock

Some solid results and good games to watch this weekend old Ryan won’t be happy with his result but I’ll tell you who’d be more upset is the magic committee that ground looks terrible a magic player rolled her ankle running to grab the ball for a throw in for all the money spent seems like a waste now with all the rain and wether but was a cracking game to watch
    Azzurri and Maitland great game also
    And New Lambton hiring the coach they sacked last year bad to worse for them

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    I did notice him back on the sideline and saw that their normal coach was amongst the bench players..
    Interesting move and I will be interested to see where his priorities lie when New Lambton and Emerging Jets have match day clashes.

Some solid results and good games to watch this weekend old Ryan won’t be happy with his result but I’ll tell you who’d be more upset is the magic committee that ground looks terrible a magic player rolled her ankle running to grab the ball for a throw in for all the money spent seems like a waste now with all the rain and wether but was a cracking game to watch
    Didnt he leave due to personal issues? Don't believe he was sacked from memory.

Magic Park is terrible. Used to be pinnacle of grounds in region. Now looks like a mudpit with building wrecks scattered around the place.

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    Didnt he leave due to personal issues? Don't believe he was sacked from memory.
    He was told to move on because otherwise around 9 first graders were going to quit is what I heard but who knows hopefully they haven’t gotten rid of Mackenzie the current coach that wouldn’t be fair to her especially when they haven’t helped her at all

He was told to move on because otherwise around 9 first graders were going to quit is what I heard but who knows hopefully they haven’t gotten rid of Mackenzie the current coach that wouldn’t be fair to her especially when they haven’t helped her at all
    how haven't they helped her at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    17 nil in a mens reserve grade match last weekend, bel swans v Nick Nock
    17-0 this week, must have been a welcome back for the old sacked coach

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Magic Park is terrible. Used to be pinnacle of grounds in region. Now looks like a mudpit with building wrecks scattered around the place.
    This is harsh. I know the club put a lot into the pitch pre season but the weather has played them a horrible hand.

I do agree on the building wrecks around the ground. What the hell is going on there? The place is starting to resemble a used motor home yard. Maybe the tip was full?

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    This is harsh. I know the club put a lot into the pitch pre season but the weather has played them a horrible hand.

I do agree on the building wrecks around the ground. What the hell is going on there? The place is starting to resemble a used motor home yard. Maybe the tip was full?
    Charlestown, CooksHill and Broadmeadow did ground work over summer. Two successful one failed.

Maitland have added to their depth over the last week or two after racking up some injuries which have left our Res grade short on troops.
    Hannah Bourke ( Sydney) Kiarra Lewis and Jemma Lawson ( Adamstown) are all welcome additions to the senior squad.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Maitland have added to their depth over the last week or two after racking up some injuries which have left our Res grade short on troops.
    Hannah Bourke ( Sydney) Kiarra Lewis and Jemma Lawson ( Adamstown) are all welcome additions to the senior squad.
    Kiarra Lewis is a good pick up for Maitland
    Old Ryan seems to be losing his seniors players over the last couple of seasons

So good that the competition is really a lot tighter then I expected after the first couple of rounds.

Kiarra Lewis is a good pick up for Maitland
    Old Ryan seems to be losing his seniors players over the last couple of seasons
    They probably aged out of his first grade.