Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Are we concerned about the talent we are missing out on due to the hefty fees?
    We can’t produce a Marta when players from lower economic backgrounds can’t afford to play..

The pyramid is backwards in Australia, until that is fixed I believe there will always be minimal youth development and a small pool of talent to pick from as the ages go on..

Clubs can’t do it on there own
    Maybe not a Marta, but definitely Sam Kerr, Ellie Carpenter, etc…….
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

What happened to the two jets players playing for middies?

What happened to the two jets players playing for middies?
    There only ended up being 1 ( Brewer) but she only played a few games after she signed, haven’t seen her in the lineup for a while now.

Warmers Bay were very good today. One hand on the minor premiership....

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Warmers Bay were very good today. One hand on the minor premiership....
    Adamstown vs mid coast 7-1
    Warner’s bay vs Broadmeadow 5-0
    Olympic vs new Lambton 7-0

You are all kidding yourselves if you think this is a premier competition, it’s clearly just a buy the plate for first grade comp.
    Northern gives it a ‘premier’ status but nearly every game has a blow out score!
    Check the scores from the NSW NPL, nothing of the like.

Adamstown vs mid coast 7-1
    Warner’s bay vs Broadmeadow 5-0
    Olympic vs new Lambton 7-0

You are all kidding yourselves if you think this is a premier competition, it’s clearly just a buy the plate for first grade comp.
    Northern gives it a ‘premier’ status but nearly every game has a blow out score!
    Check the scores from the NSW NPL, nothing of the like.
    Definately NOT a premier competition but NNSW can say they have Women's Premier league to the FA.
    NNSW don't give a crap about the future of the game, they only want the registration fees to funnel to the Taj mahal at Speers point to justify DE $240k per annum

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Definately NOT a premier competition but NNSW can say they have Women's Premier league to the FA.
    NNSW don't give a crap about the future of the game, they only want the registration fees to funnel to the Taj mahal at Speers point to justify DE $240k per annum
    I think all agree that the competition is not where it needs to be with depth and development. Buying comps seems to be the way to go and it will be interesting if the current dual NPL/NPLW programs survive post Women's World Cup. I hope Buds keep the kids they have and continue to support development. Northern need to intervene and enforce a draft and some rules on player points. Or double figure scores on NBN and stale trophies will continue to dominate across 2 teams year on year. It's just the teams that change...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonKonjarski View Post
    Which players go into this draft though ? Do these players want to play at different clubs can’t really force players to play at another club if they don’t want to

Player Points system would work better
    Draft for want of a better term. Player points does the same thing. Spreads talent, enforces development. The comp needs a re boot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonKonjarski View Post
    No point going to Sydney to just lose every week feeding the jets money to pay for the mens side of shit anyways
    This statement why everyone hates womens football. All they have done is ride on mens coat tails siphoning money (well maybe not here as theres not much) and borrowing fields like crabs.

Your just lucky to have a comp at all and even then the patronising applause is akin for those those who are not of full ability.

Theres your truth that most arent game to announce.

Damn the peanuts are out today. Nothing jumps to the desired result without work and time to get there. Things are slowly getting better, there is no magic wand.
    For those who want to keep comparing it to men's football, get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    This statement why everyone hates womens football. All they have done is ride on mens coat tails siphoning money (well maybe not here as theres not much) and borrowing fields like crabs.

Your just lucky to have a comp at all and even then the patronising applause is akin for those those who are not of full ability.

Old terry toughnuts...

Tell me, what’s the national men’s team ranked? Then tell me what the women’s national team is ranked?

Tell me the highest number an aus male has made it on the best in the world list? Then tell me the highest number a female is?

The 3 most attended football matches in EUROPE THE HOME OF FOOTBALL this year were FEMALE games!!

Tell me the who played the highest attended ever EURO match?

You aren’t everyone terry, you’re a nobody.

I suppose these women playing football should be spending their time in a more useful way hey Terry ?
    In the kitchen making sandwiches and ironing your undies perhaps ? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post

^ this is the person who needs to be removed from the forums. Anyone who hates on women like this is a ***** stain on a toilet bowl and shouldn't be anywhere near the sport, women or be allowed out in the community.

Watched the bar TV NL V Adamstown game on Sunday. Gotta say was pretty disappointed that after all these years the take them out, hurt them, injure them instructions are still being followed. Even when winning by a significant gap. I like a good aggressive shoulder to shoulder but that style by a few is just filthy. I'm wondering if it was because both grades managed to put one in the net against them or just the usual.

It’s pretty much expected behaviour at this point isn’t it?

Keelen to maitland again next year
    They must have some $$

Keelen to maitland again next year
    They must have some $$
    You can say what you like but those of us involved with the club and woman's program are very happy to have him back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    You can say what you like but those of us involved with the club and woman's program are very happy to have him back!!!
    He had a crack in the NPL. Despite spending more than Adamstown they couldn't cope. I heard second last would have seen him keep the job. Don't listen to the rubbish about mutual termination Their Youth coaches walked out on him and their TD. Players were next. Lakes replaced him in 5 seconds. He has a reputation now that unless there is cattle he has little success. Fact. If Maitland are willing to splash the cash, all of the Warner's Bay crew take the drive out west. And so it goes unfortunately in the NPLW. Good luck to him if thats where his football journey takes him.

Their TD was sacked by the club after getting 5 games for ref abuse.

Olympic coach calls it how it is in todays paper with the weekends review.
    DidnÂ’t see the game but IÂ’m pretty sure his view on the game would be correct.
    Atowns coach/td is just a 80/90Â’s type coach with more badges.
    “They can’t run without legs girls, go get em”.
    Have their first team made finals since heÂ’s taken over?
    Had to look back and it was 2017 since they last played finals football. (Not sure when the new staff took over)?
    Looking forward to the Maitland vs Atown games again next year. The technical area battle is usually better than the one on the field.
    Should be a good competitive finals series. Bay should go on and do the double, but I think on a good day any of the top four could win it.