Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kickandgiggle View Post
    Hey as long as those same girls are happy to be mocked by their coach then that is great for them!

No different to the girls at New Lambton suffering a tough season, as long as they are still having some enjoyment good for them.

Bay will be hard to stop. They beat a top 4 side by 10 goals? $$$$
    Mocked by their coach ? What’s that in regards to ?

NL are 100% the new Thornton and those girls happy to be getting a game are the ones that all got booted from reserve grade teams last season and it was either community or stay in WNPL with NL

Does anyone actually know what players are getting payed at any club besides the clubs everyone says this player this much that player this much but does anyone actually know for a fact ? People assume a lot I’m guessing

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    Mocked by their coach ? What’s that in regards to ?

NL are 100% the new Thornton and those girls happy to be getting a game are the ones that all got booted from reserve grade teams last season and it was either community or stay in WNPL with NL

Does anyone actually know what players are getting payed at any club besides the clubs everyone says this player this much that player this much but does anyone actually know for a fact ? People assume a lot I’m guessing
    Thought I covered it in my original comment, but from the first grade coach when he subbed the ‘reserve graders’ on when they were winning on the weekend. Was loud enough to be heard very clearly at both the ground and across the BarTV mics. Look at the teams who won on the weekend and take a guess.

Probably time to stop the NL bashing? You’ve given them a fair whack all year. I’m sure no one is trying to sugar coat what they’re going through, does bagging them continually help?

Have been told by players themselves from multiple clubs what they get paid. Not going to divulge numbers, good on those girls who are getting the big $$$, might as well get paid to do something you love. The $$ spent and the league table go pretty hand in hand. This isn’t exclusive to Newcastle football, it’s pretty much how every league table worldwide stacks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickandgiggle View Post
    Thought I covered it in my original comment, but from the first grade coach when he subbed the ‘reserve graders’ on when they were winning on the weekend. Was loud enough to be heard very clearly at both the ground and across the BarTV mics. Look at the teams who won on the weekend and take a guess.

Probably time to stop the NL bashing? You’ve given them a fair whack all year. I’m sure no one is trying to sugar coat what they’re going through, does bagging them continually help?

Have been told by players themselves from multiple clubs what they get paid. Not going to divulge numbers, good on those girls who are getting the big $$$, might as well get paid to do something you love. The $$ spent and the league table go pretty hand in hand. This isn’t exclusive to Newcastle football, it’s pretty much how every league table worldwide stacks up.
    I’ll have to go back and watch the footage from the weekend and see what your on about

Your not wrong I don’t want to see a weak team is all I feel bad for the girls I just think the club should and probably could be doing a lot better you look at the mens side of things and they are top of the table in all age groups pretty much and seems like the women just exsist I just want a strong womens comp would it help if the jets came back and played in the local comp ? I think younger jets grades would smash it but would be good to see how the reserve and first grade would go ? Would a central coast 11 team be good for our comp just want a strong comp which ultimately means a stronger jets side which is the end goal really.

You spend money you win doesn’t matter where or who it’s just a proven fact in football and 100% if girls or the men can make extra for sure go and get it especially the women with the shit pay they get if they make w-league

Just on NL from the outside looking in, they are a great example of how 1 person in the space of 2 seasons can destroy a club fro within. the person at the top has to take responsibility for their demise. from my experience when they first joined the competition you actually enjoyed playing them at their home ground. to me they had a great vibe. then for some reason ( I don't know why) the powers to be at the NL HQ decided to disband their WPL committee. From that point onwards there wasn't anyone at the helm and their club president only had a focus on the men. I wouldn't have liked to be there during 20 and 21 season the woman's side was headless and is now in the mess we all see now. As for the head coach I feel like he is a pretty fair sort of a chap and i think i can speak for most of us here we wish him well. they need to start their rebuild with a functional committee who can support their NPLW girls. The NL president would be best not get involved while they go about correcting his disaster. it wont be a quick fix either.

Quote Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
    Just on NL from the outside looking in, they are a great example of how 1 person in the space of 2 seasons can destroy a club fro within. the person at the top has to take responsibility for their demise. from my experience when they first joined the competition you actually enjoyed playing them at their home ground. to me they had a great vibe. then for some reason ( I don't know why) the powers to be at the NL HQ decided to disband their WPL committee. From that point onwards there wasn't anyone at the helm and their club president only had a focus on the men. I wouldn't have liked to be there during 20 and 21 season the woman's side was headless and is now in the mess we all see now. As for the head coach I feel like he is a pretty fair sort of a chap and i think i can speak for most of us here we wish him well. they need to start their rebuild with a functional committee who can support their NPLW girls. The NL president would be best not get involved while they go about correcting his disaster. it wont be a quick fix either.
    not sure on these comments, bit harsh i think.
    from someone who has watched 1, 2 maybe 3 womens games, i see the quality as a general observation really poor.
    besides all the jets superstars at warners bay, whom are being looked after no question.
    the whole competition is ina massive development stage, it really doesn't matter if someone is winning 10-0 or losing 17-0 , it will take time to get more girls involved and get better, just like the men's competition in the past.
    history has shown, buy the players win the $1000 prize money from NNSWF, and the $10 cup, players move to another team, they now win.

just remember, presidents, or committees are working for free, coaches and players get paid.

What happened between you and this so called president? I’m sure there is more then just one person on a committee who ‘only focus on the men’ at NL.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    What happened between you and this so called president? I’m sure there is more then just one person on a committee who ‘only focus on the men’ at NL.
    got sacked as coach lol

Do they have a committee for their WPL side? every other club has or at least the clubs my daughter played for has a wpl committee. it might be just 1 of a number of issues at NL. They add up.

Do they have a committee for their WPL side? every other club has or at least the clubs my daughter played for has a wpl committee. it might be just 1 of a number of issues at NL. They add up.
    Presidential issue??? What is it

Presidential issue??? What is it
    Issues like this usually start at the top. They are or it appears to be they are in a world of pain. So, what has transpired in recent seasons that has lead to this? Only the decision makes know the truth or a version of. Always 2 sides to everything but i would say they went to sleep at the wheel and hit more than a few trees in their derailment. So do you blame the players or poor management for their predicament? someone commented that comments seamed pretty harsh. The reality is not as harsh as the position NL find themselves in right now. This also has a drag down effect on the quality competition so in essence the competition itself is also eroded. I'm sure Northern would rather see a much closer competition than what we are currently seeing.

I have no clue who is in this chat room but I'm sure there are plenty interested in knowing so the same mistakes aren't repeated elsewhere.

You are all here for 1 reason, making women's football better. Hopefully.

You are pretty well right except the success of the girls didn't rub well with one particular committee member (Not the president) which overshadowed the boys. An email sent out in November 2019 from him was the beginning of the white anting from within which has cumulated in todays very sad situation.
    Responsibility ultimately lies with the NL President

Their President comes into my business all the time. I think I know the Committee member you mention also. From what I believe, after 2019 when NL won WPL they presented the Club Executive with a $25k bill with nothing in the Bank to pay it. Their roster was not cheap at the time. The boys program paid it to keep them afloat. Probably why there is a level of disdain from those running the boys but hardly evidence that they don't care or they were jealous??. Since the bail out, it is all now one Committee but granted lots of mistakes since when it comes to navigating NPLW, whilst the boys dominate NL1 with eyes on NPL. I agree with W8 Watcher. The NPLW comp has about as much depth as a kiddies pool. Unless you are top 3 or 4 and paying for the privilege, it is a tough old slog with players who would be better off in local A Grade (State Cup shows that). Rosebuds seem to do it well with a more developmental approach. Maybe that's the plan at NL?

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Their President comes into my business all the time. I think I know the Committee member you mention also. From what I believe, after 2019 when NL won WPL they presented the Club Executive with a $25k bill with nothing in the Bank to pay it. Their roster was not cheap at the time. The boys program paid it to keep them afloat. Probably why there is a level of disdain from those running the boys but hardly evidence that they don't care or they were jealous??. Since the bail out, it is all now one Committee but granted lots of mistakes since when it comes to navigating NPLW, whilst the boys dominate NL1 with eyes on NPL. I agree with W8 Watcher. The NPLW comp has about as much depth as a kiddies pool. Unless you are top 3 or 4 and paying for the privilege, it is a tough old slog with players who would be better off in local A Grade (State Cup shows that). Rosebuds seem to do it well with a more developmental approach. Maybe that's the plan at NL?
    There’s a bit more to the story then that but all good. They seem to forget that there was more then $8k of unpaid registration fees on the boys side of things for 2019 which contributed to their financial situation and we’re never collected but is never mentioned and everything is always blamed on the Girls. Yes agree not enough talent for an 8 team WNPL & not really sure how NL dig there way out of this position, will take some time.

So you must have been on the Committee of the girls or involved to know the details? So the boys covered the girls $25k and absorbed their own rego gaps? Impressive. The mere fact that the 2019 season was a financial basket case for NL WPL after they won it is surely going to require some kind of structure change and operational belt tightening? Maybe that is confusing the perception that all of a sudden NL didn't care or want WPL?. No more spend? I am sure those in charge will say they have 25000 reasons to justify their decisions. I am also told budgets for NPLW and Men's NL1 are exactly the same in 2022. Not sure if reality. Good story if true and if the Men go to NPL, fair chance that budget will need to triple. Girls too if cash is all it takes to improve.

So you must have been on the Committee of the girls or involved to know the details? So the boys covered the girls $25k and absorbed their own rego gaps? Impressive. The mere fact that the 2019 season was a financial basket case for NL WPL after they won it is surely going to require some kind of structure change and operational belt tightening? Maybe that is confusing the perception that all of a sudden NL didn't care or want WPL?. No more spend? I am sure those in charge will say they have 25000 reasons to justify their decisions. I am also told budgets for NPLW and Men's NL1 are exactly the same in 2022. Not sure if reality. Good story if true and if the Men go to NPL, fair chance that budget will need to triple. Girls too if cash is all it takes to improve.
    Club finished $20k in the red due to poor governance in collecting boys registration fees and also club budgeted for the girls to win 10 matches and associated player payments (most were on $0 for a loss) and first grade won 21 matches, that’s where the deficit came from, however the President and others at the club never speak of the boys liability through poor management because it doesn’t suit the narrative, please ask him next time you see him.
    Last edited by Bull fighter; 20-07-2022 at 09:19 PM.

NL men must be playing for free
    Props to them for not losing every game with under 20K budget including coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Club finished $20k in the red due to poor governance in collecting boys registration fees and also club budgeted for the girls to win 10 matches and associated player payments (most were on $0 for a loss) and first grade won 21 matches, that’s where the deficit came from, however the President and others at the club never speak of the boys liability through poor management because it doesn’t suit the narrative, please ask him next time you see him.
    Yes I will ask them when they come in. They did tell me that in 2019, WPL had their own Committee, own accounts and own ABN. Maybe I' got the wrong impression. You seem much closer than me with much detail. You certainly have an axe to grind against their Pres?

Yes I will ask them when they come in. They did tell me that in 2019, WPL had their own Committee, own accounts and own ABN. Maybe I' got the wrong impression. You seem much closer than me with much detail. You certainly have an axe to grind against their Pres?
    Wrong no axe to grind I just prefer the truth not what gets dished up here by ill informed people.

Cards on the table. I am the president you all seem to have issue with.

Thanks Bully, we have finally put together who you are, and you are as I’ll informed as the others. You’re truth is a version of the truth yes - but your own.

There are many good people in the NL club today who are suffering at the hands of the challenges faced in administering womens football - if you had any clue, you wouldn’t be bashing - you’re own history may just get exposed in doing so. It’s not broken but needs time and effort.

Again, I have offered all the keyboard experts previously the opportunity to come down to the Club in person and ask all the questions you want - happy to tell our club story - then draw your own conclusions - not just from the position of jaded parents, husbands or ex committee members who laid the foundation for such mess. But to question my commitment to womens football is beyond mental.

If our committee or club members wish for me to stand aside for any of you (or other person) I will do so happily - for the betterment of NLFC. In doing so would probably get back countless hours each week - where currently volunteering for a club I have no children at.

But wait, that’s right - you are all entitled to an opinion - but without the fortitude to make a real difference.
    Last edited by Barry Dawson; 21-07-2022 at 05:12 PM.

You all seem to think you know a lot about NLFC. We seem to be the main topic of conversation.

In fact some would say a couple of contributors - Rainmaker and Bull fighter - seem to have a personal vendetta against NL and our President. If you think by being so disrespectful, to a group of hardworking volunteers, who want nothing more than to improve and develop our own players and give our kids the best possible football experience, that you are going to stir up trouble within our ranks then you are delusional and you obviously have no idea what we are made of at New Lambton and what it means to be part of the Eagles Family.

"They need to start their rebuild with a functional committee who can support their NPLW girls" I can assure you, and commenting as a female committee member, we have had a functional committee for quite some time who actively support our NPLW girls, our NL1 boys and our JDL kids. The girls have NEVER been anything other than looked after. There has been a lot of hard work put into the NPLW program. We have our challenges but we are navigating them as best we can.

Our committee is made up of NPLW reps/NL1 reps and JDL reps. Led by our very capable, hardworking President, who you continue to constantly slander, with no plausible explanation as to why.

It has been explained before on this forum that we are in a time of rebuilding our NPLW program and what our plan is for the future, we are concentrating on the development of our girls in our Youth teams. Simple. The girls who play with us were all well aware of the mountain we have to climb over the next couple of years and those that couldn't handle the heat got out of the kitchen. We are extremely proud of our girls who have stuck at it this year and played through all the hard times, despite being constantly bagged by supposed adults, who are supposedly only interested in "making women's football better".

As for anything that may have happened in the past, it is just that, in the past. We have come through it, learnt from it and we as a unified premier committee have been getting on with it for quite some time now.

Perhaps you all should as well.

Perhaps you should all start discussing important things in this forum, like how the games went on the weekend and who looks like being Premier's this year..........