Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Yes think you are spot on with Magic as favourites and your observations of WB.
    I think its going to be 3 teams fighting for 4th, Charlestown, Adamstown and Olympic.
    After being able to view a few games here is how I think they will finish
    1. Magic
    2. Warner's Bay
    3. Maitland
    4. Olympic
    5. Charlestown
    6. Adamstown
    7. Middies
    8. NL
    With Magic taking out the double.

Adamstown to win most yellow cards, they currently sit on 12 yellows from 7 games absolutely streaking away from Magic (7) & Maitland (6) who make up the top 3.
    New Major Signing coming to Magic very soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Sam Kerr?

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Watched Northen TSP V Jets game last night for girls born in 07 with some 08 kids thrown in.

TSP won 1-0 that team was thrown together late and the coach was only told she would be in charge the day before and the Jets would majority be playing and training together each week. On last nights game you would have thought the opposite, a few sheepish looking Jets coaches at the end of the game.
    The Jets academy probably needs an overhaul. There are alot of talented girls playing locally who ideally should be within the Jets program.

W/bay 5 Olympic 1

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    W/bay 5 Olympic 1
    Adriana Konjarski in form 17 goals in 7 games surely jets could use someone like her in the team bay played some good football tonight from what I watched on Bar TV
    Andrews Cass and Tara Pender played exceptional tonight also thought the new keeper played well

Will be interesting to watch Maitland and Magic come up against each other Olympic will be hoping Jemma House is back soon

And Magic spending more and more cash on their womens program would be good to see what Dobson would have come out of retirement for must be some big Ca$h but hey if you’ve got it why not spend it cudos to them

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    Adriana Konjarski in form 17 goals in 7 games surely jets could use someone like her in the team bay played some good football tonight from what I watched on Bar TV
    Andrews Cass and Tara Pender played exceptional tonight also thought the new keeper played well

Will be interesting to watch Maitland and Magic come up against each other Olympic will be hoping Jemma House is back soon

And Magic spending more and more cash on their womens program would be good to see what Dobson would have come out of retirement for must be some big Ca$h but hey if you’ve got it why not spend it cudos to them
    I've known Dobson for a number of years and she has never been a mercenary, just out for money.
    She took last year off to support her partner who was going through chemo. Now that he has been given a positive diagnosis from his doctor, she obviously has decided to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    I've known Dobson for a number of years and she has never been a mercenary, just out for money.
    She took last year off to support her partner who was going through chemo. Now that he has been given a positive diagnosis from his doctor, she obviously has decided to play again.
    Have to agree here. Rhali played her last year at Merewether without payment and was keen to try and give back to local football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    You may need more then one based on last nights result

Adamstown matching it the past few weeks. Magic and Bay still clear leaders.
    How long till House is back for the Ladies at Darling Street ?
    Olympic starting to lose touch with the top 4, It’s only early but some decent sides above them.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Interesting... speaking of bottom teams. Jets w head coach got the boot and apparently going to NL??
    Wrong, announcement today that she is coaching Jets again.
    Last edited by Bull fighter; 18-05-2022 at 12:11 PM.

Wrong, announcement today that she is coaching Jets again.
    She was at last nights catch up games for the U/13’s and U/14’s jets girls. Hopefully that wasn’t just for show and she will get involved to fix up a few things, not that I’m holding much hope she can or will. But time will tell!!

WBay 16-0 NL
    It’s time for something to happen it’s clear NL committee don’t give a shit about the womens program I feel bad for the poor girls playing it was hard to watch last night

WBay 16-0 NL
    It’s time for something to happen it’s clear NL committee don’t give a shit about the womens program I feel bad for the poor girls playing it was hard to watch last night
    There’s not enough quality to sustain a premier womens competition in our region (yet)

It’s unfair on these girls, the coaches, and others in the competition who are propped up by a few individual guns in their side getting a fitness runout. We call it a “premier football” competition, then get upset when not everyone in a shallow player pool can live up to that tagline.

There needs to be:
    - a grace period from us armchair supporters on results for half a decade for clubs to develop younger talent to hopefully produce more quality first graders (not Matilda’s, not w league players, just competent players for the top division of Newcastle, of which there are nowhere near enough - no team has 11 of them from what I’ve seen)

Or

- the competition is reduced in size.

Until then, we’re forcing players who aren’t up to it into a situation in which they are judged as premier footballers. It’s not fair on them.

Not sure what new Lambton can do outside of splashing cash.

Curious as to “hard to watch” last night - actually it was the first game I’ve caught of new lambtons as it was on bartv and I was encouraged by those players continuing to stick to the game plan and to try to play positive football (playing out from the back and sticking to their principles) despite the score line. To me that shows some mental strength.

6/7 excellent players at warners bay, the rest just hoofed the moment there was any pressure. It’s almost like this comp has a tier 1 of special players, then just skips to tier 3.

Feel for new Lambton but you know, kudos to those girls and that coach for keeping them on track and sticking to their principles when they’re getting flogged. How easy would it be to just abandon game plan as a player in that scenario? We’ve all been guilty of that as players.

WBay 16-0 NL
    NL have certainly come along way from having the same player budget between the WNPL side and Mens HIT side to now this.

Sad thing is, alot of these girls will just walk away from the game, it isn't fun to get spanked like this.

Are there enough female players in Newcastle across different levels to field 2 x divisions similar to NPL/NL1?Do they abandon 17's girls and move girls straight into ressies/1st and the ones that arent ready play in the ressies/1sts in the 2nd division?That way there would be no need to pay players in the 2nd tier,but the right type of player (youth) are taking the spots so they either then progress to an NPL club or have promotion/relegation?Just saying this clearly having no idea how many girls are out there but understanding the need to keep growing the pie in the fairest way possible?

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Are there enough female players in Newcastle across different levels to field 2 x divisions similar to NPL/NL1?Do they abandon 17's girls and move girls straight into ressies/1st and the ones that arent ready play in the ressies/1sts in the 2nd division?That way there would be no need to pay players in the 2nd tier,but the right type of player (youth) are taking the spots so they either then progress to an NPL club or have promotion/relegation?Just saying this clearly having no idea how many girls are out there but understanding the need to keep growing the pie in the fairest way possible?

I am not sure of the best way forward, but definitely, there is a need to understand and accept that there are many players in this competition who are not 'premier' level, and it's not their fault that NNSW wants to brand the comp that way.

I like abandoning the top age group. Maybe 14s, 16s, Ressies with an under 20s quota and firsts is the way to move forward.

Is there a points system in WPL? Last night you had a handful of women who have played in our national competition lining up against players barely old enough to drive a car.

I think with a two tier comp, the gap would be too large and you would end up in the same situation with the promoted team coming up.
    Is the gap from 17’s to reserves too big ?
    Say have 19’s Reserves and Firsts on a separate day. That way clubs can hold onto older experienced players in reserves and have a blend of the better youth and a strong 19’s comp ?
    The younger reserves now would be some of the earlier association SAP squads just hitting senior football or dropping out in a crowded senior league once they age out of 17’s.
    Keep the 8 team comp, There’s plenty of youth coming through. It will build, It may be harsh on some teams now but with better coaching through the youth it’s only going to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    I am not sure of the best way forward, but definitely, there is a need to understand and accept that there are many players in this competition who are not 'premier' level, and it's not their fault that NNSW wants to brand the comp that way.

I like abandoning the top age group. Maybe 14s, 16s, Ressies with an under 20s quota and firsts is the way to move forward.

Is there a points system in WPL? Last night you had a handful of women who have played in our national competition lining up against players barely old enough to drive a car.
    The only restrictions NNSWF place on the competition is that you can only have 3 players that are ‘current’ National league players, WB have 2 former National league players which give them a total of 5. I think there are only 3 clubs without current or former National league players, New Lambton, Adamstown and Maitland.
    Probably time for Northern to review and reduce to it to 2 players for each club.
    Demoralising season for the poor NL girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    I think with a two tier comp, the gap would be too large and you would end up in the same situation with the promoted team coming up.
    Is the gap from 17’s to reserves too big ?
    Say have 19’s Reserves and Firsts on a separate day. That way clubs can hold onto older experienced players in reserves and have a blend of the better youth and a strong 19’s comp ?
    The younger reserves now would be some of the earlier association SAP squads just hitting senior football or dropping out in a crowded senior league once they age out of 17’s.
    Keep the 8 team comp, There’s plenty of youth coming through. It will build, It may be harsh on some teams now but with better coaching through the youth it’s only going to develop.

I agree with the last paragraph - comments like ones a few posts above by those scorned by former clubs may feel nice to type, but at the end of the day they just demoralise and hurt the players who are a byproduct of a bigger issue, and just doing their best.

It will build, but we need to give those who are copping the heat in firsts across various clubs a bit of grace, they still turn up and play and train and be positive role models for the youth who will take the pitch in firsts one day.

The only restrictions NNSWF place on the competition is that you can only have 3 players that are ‘current’ National league players, WB have 2 former National league players which give them a total of 5. I think there are only 3 clubs without current or former National league players, New Lambton, Adamstown and Maitland.
    Probably time for Northern to review and reduce to it to 2 players for each club.
    Demoralising season for the poor NL girls.
    yeah, that is a bit rough - 5 is a lot - of course they are going to flog a bunch of young players. The fact they didn't in rd 1 is very worrying from a coaching perspective I guess.

From where I sit, having that many players stacked in one side hurts the competition on both ends. For the big clubs, big players can gloss over tactical or coaching issues, which hinder development when those players move o (look at NL as a result, hopefully doesn't happy to wbay)

And for the NL girls, its going to take a very special type of player to stick that out for a few years and not just quit back to park football or quit football altogether