Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Women's Premier League thread

i thought it was an open secret that the coach that won it with NL has always struggled without a bank balance as his assistant coach?

Its pretty clear why it fell apart, and why it will fall apart at any other club who decides to stop spending, or to try to make their club more viable economically in womens football.

Simple, WNPL takes money to win, and unfortunately, you're paying well overs to do so.

spicy

alright who cares anymore NL need to improve for the competition to be better that’s all I want a strong competition why can’t we maybe have a few teams form the coast and make it a stronger bigger comp Middies are included in this they need to be stronger

And also to many age groups have to drop 13s and 15s and just go 14s-17s-Res-1sts

Adamstown show this if your not playing 1sts as a woman around the age 16-17-18 your not making it

Just need stronger football competition for the whole region which just Makes it better for the Jets also who need to invest more into the womens local game

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    But wait, that’s right - you are all entitled to an opinion but no testicular fortitude to make a real difference.
    Going ok till you made this immature male shaming comment.

If you are women's football its certainly a community stain. You'll deservedly never grow it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    alright who cares anymore NL need to improve for the competition to be better that’s all I want a strong competition why can’t we maybe have a few teams form the coast and make it a stronger bigger comp Middies are included in this they need to be stronger

And also to many age groups have to drop 13s and 15s and just go 14s-17s-Res-1sts

Adamstown show this if your not playing 1sts as a woman around the age 16-17-18 your not making it

Just need stronger football competition for the whole region which just Makes it better for the Jets also who need to invest more into the womens local game
    Nice in theory but probably not practical. Not every player hits their peak at 16-17. I think a 13, 15, 17, 20, Firsts might be a better option. Too many older players hanging around in resi taking up space for 17's aging out. We are getting to a point where there isn't room to keep developing these players and they are quitting. Having experienced your suggestion in cycling at a national level. I can tell you that Australian cycling had the same approach under Charlie Walsh. that approach lead to a talent deficit in the sport. If you want evidence Scott McGory was told he wouldn't make it at the age of 19, Then age of 30 he won a gold medal at the Sydney olympics in the track points race.

should make for some interesting chat anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by lefting-leftaroo View Post
    Nice in theory but probably not practical. Not every player hits their peak at 16-17. I think a 13, 15, 17, 20, Firsts might be a better option. Too many older players hanging around in resi taking up space for 17's aging out. We are getting to a point where there isn't room to keep developing these players and they are quitting. Having experienced your suggestion in cycling at a national level. I can tell you that Australian cycling had the same approach under Charlie Walsh. that approach lead to a talent deficit in the sport. If you want evidence Scott McGory was told he wouldn't make it at the age of 19, Then age of 30 he won a gold medal at the Sydney olympics in the track points race.

should make for some interesting chat anyway..
    My main sort of point I’m trying to make is one less age group means more players to go around hopefully which could probably lift the talent of some of the lesser teams
    But there is still some players just playing A grade womens that should be involved in the competition at some point if it’s ressies or firsts at some clubs
    To much wasted talent we have Hannah Southwell who was one of the best up and coming Goalkeepers and now she is playing for the nights we shouldn’t be losing girls to other sports

But wait, that’s right - you are all entitled to an opinion but no XXXXXXXXX fortitude to make a real difference.
    well at least a difference that isn't so destructive Barry.

Fair call - post amended

Are we done with all the rubbish yet?

With the competition seemingly, who can buy the most Jets players, is there any value in limiting the number of Jets at each club?
    Spread the experience and quality a little more evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Are we done with all the rubbish yet?

With the competition seemingly, who can buy the most Jets players, is there any value in limiting the number of Jets at each club?
    Spread the experience and quality a little more evenly.

Why though if a club wants to pay for 5 jets players why not let them keep local jets players in Newcastle instead of Sydney if clubs don’t want to spend they don’t get jets players or quality players simple as that

Why though if a club wants to pay for 5 jets players why not let them keep local jets players in Newcastle instead of Sydney if clubs don’t want to spend they don’t get jets players or quality players simple as that
    Maybe more clubs would have the money/be willing to spend on 1 marquee signing. Spread them through the competition. Let more girls have access to being around those from the elite level.

Or just let them hop from club to club like they always have. Lakes, Magic, Valo, New Lambton, warners bay. It’s all the same….

Quote Originally Posted by Kickandgiggle View Post
    Maybe more clubs would have the money/be willing to spend on 1 marquee signing. Spread them through the competition. Let more girls have access to being around those from the elite level.

Or just let them hop from club to club like they always have. Lakes, Magic, Valo, New Lambton, warners bay. It’s all the same….
    That was more the point. Not to try to limit the girls opportunity to play locally.
    Why would you try and get a jets player in for $$$ when another club already has half a team of Jets. You’d save your money.
    But idk, maybe the 180 goal differential between first and last is what we want in the premier comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickandgiggle View Post

If only there was a player point system.....

Fair call - post amended
    Testicular fortitude was a favorite expression of WWE's Mick Foley in the late 1990s, when he was known to wrestling fans as Mankind.

Wanna wrestle??? If I win, females get paid more then males at NL

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    If only there was a player point system.....
    Competition definitely needs to be diluted via a regulation change.
    NNSWF should change the regulations to - Max of 2 current WALeague players along with 2 former WALeague players (within last 3 seasons) only permitted to be registered at any club.

Rather than Max of 3 current players permitted at each club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Competition definitely needs to be diluted via a regulation change.
    NNSWF should change the regulations to - Max of 2 current WALeague players along with 2 former WALeague players (within last 3 seasons) only permitted to be registered at any club.

Rather than Max of 3 current players permitted at each club.
    Why is this though ? We don’t do this for the men ? Why make the women do it I’m sure the 3 at warners bay are very close friends off the field and would love to play together on it just like most the other squads they are all friends so they stick together and play at the same club why should we limit if 1 team wants to be very strong and spend money to promote their club and hopefully bring in interest for juniors to join that club.
    Player point system is the dumbest thing ever

Clubs that want to win will always win clubs that want the rego money to feed into the mens system and just exsist well that’s on them to cop the hate back I bet you not one of them jets girls would go play for NL currently for double what they get at Bay
    Middies had to pay $400 a game for brewer and the Goalkeeper Allegedly.

Why is this though ? We don’t do this for the men ? Why make the women do it I’m sure the 3 at warners bay are very close friends off the field and would love to play together on it just like most the other squads they are all friends so they stick together and play at the same club why should we limit if 1 team wants to be very strong and spend money to promote their club and hopefully bring in interest for juniors to join that club.

Clubs that want to win will always win clubs that want the rego money to feed into the mens system and just exsist well that’s on them to cop the hate back I bet you not one of them jets girls would go play for NL currently for double what they get at Bay
    I don’t disagree but clustering has been an issue for this competition and a contributor to lop sided results over many years that’s why the rule was introduced. In a perfect world with an abundance of talent like the boys it wouldn’t be required but the girls talent pool is much more shallow.
    Spreading the exposure for the next generation at all clubs to these elite girls has to be a positive for developing the WNPL competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    I don’t disagree but clustering has been an issue for this competition and a contributor to lop sided results over many years that’s why the rule was introduced. In a perfect world with an abundance of talent like the boys it wouldn’t be required but the girls talent pool is much more shallow.
    Spreading the exposure for the next generation at all clubs to these elite girls has to be a positive for developing the WNPL competition.
    I think limiting who can play where would just move the girls back to Sydney where they can stack teams and probably get paid more anyways

Next couple of season anyways looks like the w-league will be a longer season and probably a full season for the women

what girls get paid?
    $400 per game, no way
    clubs are mental, the quality is no better then watching all age friday night.
    wow, i hope the wbat, pay there men that sort of money

You wanted NPL you got it, happens in all big leagues, if you can’t handle the heat get out of the kitchen, most NPL clubs take on female programmes for a better chance to receive grants etc, and to cash up for little outlay, unfortunately.
    Last edited by ForeverRed; 22-07-2022 at 11:44 AM.