Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 2022 Women's Premier League thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RJSteakHouse View Post
    Confirmed. Heard the club covered all the Hungry Jacks and Steak Dinners. No wonder people are joining that sounds awesome!
    So the club pays this from sponsors or regos?

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    So the club pays this from sponsors or regos?
    He is winding you up, for some reason this poster doesn't like the idea that people know NL are paying their players.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    He is winding you up, for some reason this poster doesn't like the idea that people know NL are paying their players.
    It’s unbelievable the amount of money they’re throwing around. Apparently one of the players who my sons friends Aunties husband neighbour use to go to school with said each player is receiving Starlink routers? Pretty insane if they’re, atleast they can stream their loses on BARTV anytime anywhere right haha!

It’s good to see some of the local players getting a look in at the Jets 1st Leah Puxty now Sophie Stapleford still some more spots left to fill I believe hopefully a few more local girls get a shot, it also shows our youth girls the opportunities are there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Oh for sure. I dont mind clubs splashing some fun cash.

I'd like to know where these extra funds are coming from since they couldnt afford much this year.

Thing about WBay, theyll always be champions of 2022 regardless of the reasons for the rise and fall.

Quote Originally Posted by RJSteakHouse View Post
    It’s unbelievable the amount of money they’re throwing around. Apparently one of the players who my sons friends Aunties husband neighbour use to go to school with said each player is receiving Starlink routers? Pretty insane if they’re, atleast they can stream their loses on BARTV anytime anywhere right haha!
    lol, look everyone knows they are paying players even those who have identified themselves on here so we know they are on the NL committee have acknowledged it. Just let it go, no one is saying it is a bad thing to pay players just don't pretend it isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    I'd like to know where these extra funds are coming from since they couldnt afford much this year.
    Could they not afford it or did other clubs offer more and now they are raising the offers and for some helps that family members are now with the club

Surely Lucy Jerram should be getting a call up to the jets has been a stand out player in the women’s league here for last 3 seasons

Also what’s the point of signing the jets players for next season they will come in half way through the competition I think it’s round 11 and just displace girls that have been playing for the first half of the year sad really

Quote Originally Posted by NewyGossip View Post
    Surely Lucy Jerram should be getting a call up to the jets has been a stand out player in the women’s league here for last 3 seasons

Also what’s the point of signing the jets players for next season they will come in half way through the competition I think it’s round 11 and just displace girls that have been playing for the first half of the year sad really
    I think Lucy suffered a pretty bad leg injury in the semi against Olympic, but I do agree she is a quality player who should be looked at soon.

I think it adds quality to the competition, I don’t understand why they have to sit out for so long or at all for that matter. Do the players that go to Sydney, Melbourne and such have to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I think Lucy suffered a pretty bad leg injury in the semi against Olympic, but I do agree she is a quality player who should be looked at soon.

I think it adds quality to the competition, I don’t understand why they have to sit out for so long or at all for that matter. Do the players that go to Sydney, Melbourne and such have to do the same?
    Sydney and Melbourne comps are pro so they can play straight away
    In Newcastle they can’t play after coming off a pro contract to an amateur league so grace period of 30 days
    Good to see the top score of the comp and player of the comp get a gig more local girls surely
    Lucy Jerram should have been in the jets over the last 2 seasons I don’t think her injury was bad at all so I’ve heard

Quote Originally Posted by NewyGossip View Post
    Sydney and Melbourne comps are pro so they can play straight away
    In Newcastle they can’t play after coming off a pro contract to an amateur league so grace period of 30 days
    Good to see the top score of the comp and player of the comp get a gig more local girls surely
    Lucy Jerram should have been in the jets over the last 2 seasons I don’t think her injury was bad at all so I’ve heard
    Well that clears up a few things for me, in regards to the grace period.
    As for Jerram I was told ACL but hopefully that was incorrect as I do agree she deserves a crack.

I’m just glad to see them going for more girls from the local comp, should increase the supporter base at home games as you would think each club would be promoting more and encouraging more to get along.

Driving past Warners Bay of an afternoon the last few weeks and their pre season looks pretty spectacular. So many girls, and people around. Just wondering if everyone has started pre season and how are the teams looking?

Also canÂ’t wait for the Jets to kick off this afternoon. LetÂ’s go girls!!!