Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    have you watched all their games, seems a bit odd to be taking a shot after a couple of games.
    Watched the game on the weekend, I know they are missing some players but gee it was a belting. House is good but not sure that is going to be enough to lift them to anywhere near the level of the last 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Watched the game on the weekend, I know they are missing some players but gee it was a belting. House is good but not sure that is going to be enough to lift them to anywhere near the level of the last 2 seasons.
    Correct they look way off it was at the game on the weekend looked like they gave up
    House is good but their best player Gawlthrop sorry if spelled wrong she is missing massively for them

Any games going ahead this weekend?

Charlestown will be

Allen Davies drains better than your bathtub

All games at Magic tonight and tomorrow are off

Pity more football couldn’t of been played this weekend but good result for Charlestown in the one game that was played.

Is there any news on the Charlestown defender who was taken to hospital?

I’m not sure what was more confusing, that Adamstown got the free kick after the 40 minute delay, or the celebration when the free kick went in from the Adamstown bench after what had just happened…

Could of been double digits if Charlestown were ruthless. Hopefully we get some more games on this week!
    Last edited by Kickandgiggle; 03-04-2022 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickandgiggle View Post
    Pity more football couldn’t of been played this weekend but good result for Charlestown in the one game that was played.

I’m not sure what was more confusing, that Adamstown got the free kick after the 40 minute delay, or the celebration when the free kick went in from the Adamstown bench after what had just happened…

Could of been double digits if Charlestown were ruthless. Hopefully we get some more games on this week!
    The behaviours across that club from JDL through to first grade need looking at, not an isolated incident, there was 3 red cards in the 17s game, and at least one of the JDL games was pointless, no positional play, try and play out from the back and the whole team just lines up in a row and runs in and presses including the goalkeeper at one point, it was 60 minutes of pointless running around, no passing, looked like they were just trying to win the weekly gift card by going sometimes 3 - 4 on one play to get the ball and score. Might need to realise they won't all be strikers once they get out of JDL.

Really disappointing to see, I don't think the girls from either team learnt anything and it wasn't enjoyable to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickandgiggle View Post

Not really surprised from that behaviour from Adamstown JFC to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Not really surprised from that behaviour from Adamstown JFC to be honest
    All comes from the coach, the example he sets for his players is appalling.

Totally agree about the attitude of this club. Witnessed them sing their team song in middle of ground last year after winning a trial game 16-1 in u13.

Intimidating players to perform which then transfers to game day and players see it perfectly fine to try and intimidate the opposition, Which is fine at Snr level football, but GT phase ??!?
    The worst part of it all are the parents at the club that see it as acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    Intimidating players to perform which then transfers to game day and players see it perfectly fine to try and intimidate the opposition, Which is fine at Snr level football, but GT phase ??!?
    The worst part of it all are the parents at the club that see it as acceptable.
    Have to chime in on this - even to the point last year where an Adamstown youth player was refereeing a JDL game, and it was literally anything goes.
    It is absolutely a culture thing - win no matter what. Instead of win because you play the best football.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Totally agree about the attitude of this club. Witnessed them sing their team song in middle of ground last year after winning a trial game 16-1 in u13.
    Singing the team some after a trial game no matter the score is at best embarrassing for the club, coach and players.

I've seen their JDL teams signing the team songs after trial matches which is even worse.

All comes from the coach, the example he sets for his players is appalling.
    Tell me who's producing more rep players from this region that the Buds? People on here don't like the coach but you have to respect the players he's pumping out. His teams have big city attitude that this little regional town can't take.

I know which club my daughter will be playing for when the time comes.

Wow KITZ you certainly have a lot of time to follow around Adamstown all weekend!
    Lets use some of your obvious spare time to ask

Were all the the red cards for the one team?
    is none of your dribble above caused by the opposing teams?
    why don't you use some of your spare time and apparent knowledge or lack there of to help out instead of criticising others
    Last edited by SAP SUPER COACH; 05-04-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    Tell me who's producing more rep players from this region that the Buds? People on here don't like the coach but you have to respect the players he's pumping out. His teams have big city attitude that this little regional town can't take.

100% agree regardless of what people think of the TD, (and lets be honest it only goes one of 2 ways) The development that happens at the club is second to none based on the players they are producing.

Sorry, I might be wrong here but wasn't almost the entire senior squad with the emerging Jets originally? Not one player has gone to W League and the players they have picked up have once again come from the Jets (i.e Morley) Is that considered producing?

So far this season they've lost 3 out of 5 to Magic and won 2 against Azzuri (in WPL) The other game was against NL which aren't the strongest competition.

So I guess the question is, if they're producing all these players wouldn't they be winning more. ��

Quote Originally Posted by SAP SUPER COACH View Post
    Wow KITZ you certainly have a lot of time to follow around Adamstown all weekend!
    Lets use some of your obvious spare time to ask

Were all the the red cards for the one team?
    is none of your dribble above caused by the opposing teams?
    why don't you use some of your spare time and apparent knowledge or lack there of to help out instead of criticising others
    You are an idiot.

The two red cards were for Adamstown the other was a Charlestown player because there was a punch up. No, none of it was caused by the opposing teams. You can literally ask at any other club in the region, Ive had TD's and other coaches promoting playing at any other club in the region bar Adamstown. Why on earth would you want that reputation in the football community?

Im well within my rights as a paying member of the football community to criticise a club where the coaching staff are paid and supposed to be meeting a standard. I've also spent lots of time managing teams and being on committees so have spent a lot of my "spare time" helping. Likely a lot more than you have.

I also don't have to be at all the games. My kid plays JDL, and I know people at Charlestown who were there on the weekend. I literally didn't follow anyone around other than my normal weekend activities. I mean if you had been around football long you'd realise that lots of people know each other.

If the people at that club can't cop to the criticism maybe they should actually try coaching in a manner that promotes development.

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post

JDL for the girls hasn't been around long enough for them to have produced anything much, first batch of 13's would only be this year I think, older girls have come either through community, the old SAP system or the Jets, none of which other than community the club had anything to do with.

KITZ - The fact that you feel you have a right to critisise others on a public forum based on second hand information and call people names proves who the idiot is.
    Enough said!
    Thanks for your contribution over the years being an administrator - continue to leave the coaching to others you clearly have no idea apart from what your told by others