Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2022 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

At this rate it'll either be yet another season with no finals or maybe go points per game? Given the lack of rescheduling happening even when the weather was good I can't see any one finishing up with the full 14 matches played.

O35 FRI C.
    Redhead 0, Cooks Hill 4.
    Must say their pitch sets the bench mark for all grounds. Absolutely brilliant given the amount of rain and how many fields were closed.

The council did a brilliant job on no.6. Sand base, lots of drainage and good grass. Only trouble we've got is trying to squeeze all games on there.

O35’s A Sat
    Edgy v Kotara
    Sorry to hear Kotara guy has a broken leg.
    All the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

Hows the catch up congestion looking for everyone?

I was looking through my All Age comp and a team has been scheduled to play 6 games in 13 days.

Pretty happy to only have to play 3 in 6 now.

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post

I was looking through my All Age comp and a team has been scheduled to play 6 games in 13 days.

6 in 13 days. Good luck with that

Only got 4 left to play so pretty good compared to some, with only one left unscheduled. Even got lucky next weekend, only playing Sunday against a team that has to play Saturday as well.

Across the club worst is 6 games left to play, with rest only having 2 or 3 left to go so not in terrible shape.

Has there been many forfeits?
    We had 4 games in 8 days last week. Played 3 of them with 9 players and borrowed players for the other. This was mainly due to injuries and guys unable to back up.

I hear another double header this weekend also for us. Tough times but there is no other solution really.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    the conditions that games are being played in during these last few weeks are much worse than earlier in the season

hopefully next La Nina year we'll see clubs stop being so precious with their grounds early on to avoid this sort of congestion

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    the conditions that games are being played in during these last few weeks are much worse than earlier in the season

hopefully next La Nina year we'll see clubs stop being so precious with their grounds early on to avoid this sort of congestion
    Hopefully by then many more teams will have grounds like National park no6. I doubt it though. As for Redhead we're hoping the lights on the 2nd oval will be complete for next season to give us reduced traffic on our only lights ground.

Not sure what grade at Stevenson Park looks like Mayfield and Merewether. Lights were on at 6ish and then turned off and then on again at 7.30. Many visible puddles but let the games proceed. Should be more of it.

It's ironic that the council close the grounds during the season due to 'safety concerns' when it rains, but NNSW are happy to re-schedule 6 games in 16 days for a bunch of 40 year olds.
    Our 17 man squad is down to 11 fit players, and we are only at game 3 of 6.
    I guess forfeits look better than complete round cancellations to some?
    And yeah, the trashed fields we're playing on now are way worse than the washed out fields of earlier rounds, which says a lot as Round 4 games are being played this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    It's ironic that the council close the grounds during the season due to 'safety concerns' when it rains, but NNSW are happy to re-schedule 6 games in 16 days for a bunch of 40 year olds.
    And yeah, the trashed fields we're playing on now are way worse than the washed out fields of earlier rounds, which says a lot as Round 4 games are being played this weekend!
    NNSW do not re-schedule community football competitions
    They are controlled by Newcastle, Macquarie and Hunter Valley associations

Let’s be serious at that age and that many games in that period there will be some serious injuries coming

Banned
    I'ts taken a while for many to notice our council are inept woke dullards and you voted them back in.

Congrats and enjoy the washouts.
    Last edited by Lichael Richards; 12-08-2022 at 05:51 PM.

Newcastle still dragging out rescheduled matches. Got one from July 16 that still hasn’t been rescheduled.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Liles oval (Redhead) is closed until Wednesday already. We're trying to have our match v Charlestown that was Tuesday 16-8 played Friday 19-8 instead as it has a bearing on the finals (for them). We were beat 0-5 by Cookers Friday night and it rain continuously. Ref warned about calling game off and there was another AA game straight after ours.
    Ground was fooked. Saturday had 6 scheduled games, ref called it off after 13's and 14's played.

Any one played at South Cardiff lately? Given the rain scheduled for the week what's the chances of matches getting away there on the weekend?

Any idea when the schedule for the semis is going to come out?

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Any idea when the schedule for the semis is going to come out?
    I think they have already.