Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 146

Thread: 2022 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

  1. #101
    Moderator Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,157
    There is way more to pulling on the boots than the beauty of the game.
    It's great for fitness, fun, friendships, mental health and a load of other things.

    I personally couldn't care less how it appears for a bystander as there are very rarely any that need to be impressed anyway.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    205
    Has everyone played at least 2 games?

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Has everyone played at least 2 games?
    My O35 have played 1 game.

    The girls I coach though have played 4.

  4. #104
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    12
    Plenty of teams around that have not played a single game yet.

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highfields
    Posts
    342
    O35 Fri C grade.
    Redhead 0 - Nelson Bay 2. Good we actually played and their ground wasn't too bad.
    They're not getting hot water on their trip to Redhead though! Cold showers before a return trip from up there aren't great.

  6. #106
    Senior Member evolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    Plenty of teams around that have not played a single game yet.
    Yep my team is in that boat. Not hopeful of getting on this weekend either.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Has everyone played at least 2 games?
    Have gotten 3 away so far. Any one played out at Kurraka lately, how's it holding up to the rain?

  8. #108
    Actually got a game today, it was amazing to actually get to play. Winning 5-1 always helps the mood too.

  9. #109
    RIP to all our compatriots in the Friday night comps. You're all going to freeze.

  10. #110
    Moderator Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,157
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    RIP to all our compatriots in the Friday night comps. You're all going to freeze.
    Showers and around 10 degrees at most places. Going to be fun......
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    RIP to all our compatriots in the Friday night comps. You're all going to freeze.
    Can you play in a puffer jacket?

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Showers and around 10 degrees at most places. Going to be fun......
    10 degrees, positively balmy!

    Quote Originally Posted by interested local View Post
    Can you play in a puffer jacket?
    Just as long as it is the same colour as your strip, that's the most important bit.

  13. #113
    Friday all age A grade
    Croatia V Uni
    5-1

  14. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highfields
    Posts
    342
    O'35 FRI C.
    Redhead 2 - Greta 3. Redhead up 2-1 H.T. Missed a pen after 1/2 time to go 3-1 up. Greta converted their own pen 10 mins later and a lucky goal with 5 to go.
    Must say brilliant complex up there. It's a fantastic set up. Pitch was wet but it held up ok.

  15. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highfields
    Posts
    342
    Cracking weather for no games this weekend. Make up game at Evans park Tuesday night. won't take much rain to call that off again I'd think.

  16. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Cracking weather for no games this weekend. Make up game at Evans park Tuesday night. won't take much rain to call that off again I'd think.
    If clubs could agree to play a make up game this weekend what’s stopping them?

  17. #117
    Moderator Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,157
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    If clubs could agree to play a make up game this weekend what’s stopping them?
    Their association unfortunately.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Aberglasslyn
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Their association unfortunately.
    Yep. Ridiculous. Have played 1 game so far but weren't able to arrange a wash out game for this weekend.

  19. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highfields
    Posts
    342
    O35 C catch up. Redhead 2, Cardiff 1.
    Redhead better team 1st half going in 2-0. Cardiff came out with increased energy 2nd half and could've won. Our keeper probably the reason they didn't, he pulled off some great saves.
    Friggin cold night. Field wasn't too bad and good to see they've been able to mark #2.
    I know there's talk of electricity shortage but TURN YOUR HOT WATER ON!

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    O35 C catch up. Redhead 2, Cardiff 1.
    Redhead better team 1st half going in 2-0. Cardiff came out with increased energy 2nd half and could've won. Our keeper probably the reason they didn't, he pulled off some great saves.
    Friggin cold night. Field wasn't too bad and good to see they've been able to mark #2.
    I know there's talk of electricity shortage but TURN YOUR HOT WATER ON!
    Don't yell, its not like we meant it...unlike other clubs used to do.....

    It was working fine on Sunday and we had no idea it was not working, but if it helps we have sent a request to get it looked at....so the next team doesn't suffer.

    cheers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •