Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

Really, who gives a fat rat's bum what colour or brand boot kids wear? If parents want to spend $100 or $300, that is their choice. Next it will be haircuts!
    As for promoting "professionalism"....good coaching, expectations around attitude and behaviour go a lot further toward that then the colure of a shoe.
    Last edited by Hunter403; 17-03-2023 at 06:13 PM.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

I was once told, if you’re gonna wear flash boots, you better make damn sure you can back it up, because everyone’s attention will be on you.
    That was when white or coloured boots were starting to come into the mix a lot more. Now most wear coloured boots, the black boots stand out.

All seems a bit silly. But if we’re mandating a boot, Copas.

@Hunter403 I didn't say I agreed

But yes, can we get rid of kids with mullets, the mullet of 2023 is even worse then the shitty mullets of 1993 :P

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    @Hunter403 I didn't say I agreed

But yes, can we get rid of kids with mullets, the mullet of 2023 is even worse then the shitty mullets of 1993 :P

Now I do agree with that. PYL should be a mullet free zone!

Heard a bit of controversy at Magic Park on the weekend. One player ran half a field and attacked an opposition player, the opposition coach jumped in to break it up. The club from the first player is demanding a long term ban

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Heard a bit of controversy at Magic Park on the weekend. One player ran half a field and attacked an opposition player, the opposition coach jumped in to break it up. The club from the first player is demanding a long term ban
    I heard the 15?s game was a wild one and the Magic coach received a red and may miss a while

I was told by a witness that the coach entered the field and pushed the player. If true, it could be a very long ban. If true, the implications of an adult assaulting a child could get looked at. Sad turn of events however you look at.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

surprise surprise

Before the same old idiots post the same old comments about the same old club,please reconsider.Unless you were there you dont know anything.Hate to break it to some around here but your 2nd and 3rd hand knowledge is not always 100% accurate.

Were you these sap?

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Before the same old idiots post the same old comments about the same old club,please reconsider.Unless you were there you dont know anything.Hate to break it to some around here but your 2nd and 3rd hand knowledge is not always 100% accurate.
    Then do elaborate if you know more cause I think a few people all are hearing a very similar story and I?m sure it?s not from the one person. Usually where there is smoke there is fire

Were you these sap?
    No,and thats my point.You werent either so we have the same amount of knowledge about it.

Your comment is inciting to start with ya grub.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Your comment is inciting to start with ya grub.
    If its a grub act to discourage rumours and straight up club bashing on a forum that continually gets closed down because grown ups cant control themselves discussing youth football then consider me covered in filth mate.

If its a grub act to discourage rumours and straight up club bashing on a forum that continually gets closed down because grown ups cant control themselves discussing youth football then consider me covered in filth mate.
    Generally calling everyone an idiot is retarded. Wake up to yourself moron.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Generally calling everyone an idiot is retarded. Wake up to yourself moron.
    You know what,you're right.Lets just all say dumb shit and see where it takes us.I see you've got the ball rolling.

You know what,you're right.Lets just all say dumb shit and see where it takes us.I see you've got the ball rolling.
    Don?t forget you are probably talking to people who?ve never kicked a ball in anger, be gentle

Ok let’s dial it back a bit.
    Personal attacks and petty arguments are a quick way to lose the ability to talk about youth football on the forum again.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Saw that Football Victoria conducts their youth Pro/Rel on a team by team basis...surely this would have been a better model for us to have adopted, allowing for underperforming clubs to build and grow (without the risk of an overperforming team suffering a collective punishment, and being a target for poaching)

This is following on from a post from South Melbourne FC last night pointed out how they had just finished being graded for their youth NPL teams, and finished with 2 teams in Div 1, and a team each in Div 2 and 3

Shame we didn't adopt this model

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Saw that Football Victoria conducts their youth Pro/Rel on a team by team basis...surely this would have been a better model for us to have adopted, allowing for underperforming clubs to build and grow (without the risk of an overperforming team suffering a collective punishment, and being a target for poaching)

This is following on from a post from South Melbourne FC last night pointed out how they had just finished being graded for their youth NPL teams, and finished with 2 teams in Div 1, and a team each in Div 2 and 3

Shame we didn't adopt this model
    I agree this is the perfect model from a competitive point of view and it will be interesting to see at the halfway point how many outliers there are.To change to this system would be a massive logistic exercise and unless there were a lot of teams impacted I cant see NNSW justifying it.I also think playing the 18s in the same structure as youth has been a huge mistake.
    Last edited by sapdad; 11-04-2023 at 11:34 AM.