Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

Does anyone know if all clubs are playing in the knockout cup?I was told theres a few NPL and NL1 youth teams not in it.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Does anyone know if all clubs are playing in the knockout cup?I was told theres a few NPL and NL1 youth teams not in it.
    Yes, all teams were in draw. Just checked video again which had list of teams. Some teams have byes in most age groups as they drew community clubs with only 1 team entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Yes, all teams were in draw. Just checked video again which had list of teams. Some teams have byes in most age groups as they drew community clubs with only 1 team entered.
    Is there a cup draw available anywhere apart from the video?
    Can’t find it on squadi (pile of shit) or anywhere else.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Thank you.

Thank you.
    Worked out the confusion. No games involving community sides are in squadi as community football is not using squadi so squads and teams not uploaded.

Does anyone know whats going on with round 2 of the youth cup? Are there supposed to be games this weekend because theres no draw available and we were told the boys would be playing both weekends during the break from NPL fixtures.

Does anyone know whats going on with round 2 of the youth cup? Are there supposed to be games this weekend because theres no draw available and we were told the boys would be playing both weekends during the break from NPL fixtures.
    Round 2 is 15th/16th July, pretty sure this weekend is free for Div 1 teams because Div2 teams have extra games to play each other twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Round 2 is 15th/16th July, pretty sure this weekend is free for Div 1 teams because Div2 teams have extra games to play each other twice.
    Ok thanks.

Makes sense now. Wish parents and players were communicated this, many could have gone away during break but held off expecting round 2 this weekend. Thought it was strange seeing NPL clubs arrange catch up games for this weekend.

Also explains why North Coast and Magic are not playing their round 1 game until 20th May. Although means both clubs have gone 3 weeks in between matches.

Makes sense now. Wish parents and players were communicated this, many could have gone away during break but held off expecting round 2 this weekend. Thought it was strange seeing NPL clubs arrange catch up games for this weekend.

Also explains why North Coast and Magic are not playing their round 1 game until 20th May. Although means both clubs have gone 3 weeks in between matches.
    Maybe best to speak to your club, my son's club was given the full schedule at the start of the year, telling us to expect games first weekend of May.

Maybe best to speak to your club, my son's club was given the full schedule at the start of the year, telling us to expect games first weekend of May.
    Our club and the club we played in the first round of the knockout were both under the impression that both weekends off were going to have games played on them (last weekend and this weekend).Theres been a breakdown in communication along the lines there somewhere thats for sure.Im not blaming anyone because I dont know.I think the travel aspect has left a few clubs less than impressed.We heard that one club forfeited all grades,they were expected to travel 3 hours on relatively short notice,and another changed the date of their game to avoid doing a 4 hour trip.

Our club and the club we played in the first round of the knockout were both under the impression that both weekends off were going to have games played on them (last weekend and this weekend).Theres been a breakdown in communication along the lines there somewhere thats for sure.Im not blaming anyone because I dont know.I think the travel aspect has left a few clubs less than impressed.We heard that one club forfeited all grades,they were expected to travel 3 hours on relatively short notice,and another changed the date of their game to avoid doing a 4 hour trip.
    Who forfeited that?s not ideal

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Who forfeited that?s not ideal
    Thornton did, 3 hours there, the draw was done a month ago so would say there was quite a bit of notice, but maybe they were only told the ground the week of since Mid Coast can play all over the place. Obviously Magic and Coffs could just play their league game as scheduled and count it as both. Similar to how Coffs 14s are doing it for the Pre-Season Cup final.

Thornton did, 3 hours there, the draw was done a month ago so would say there was quite a bit of notice, but maybe they were only told the ground the week of since Mid Coast can play all over the place. Obviously Magic and Coffs could just play their league game as scheduled and count it as both. Similar to how Coffs 14s are doing it for the Pre-Season Cup final.
    Its never been 3 hours to Taree.

if only they realised those kids do that trip every second week.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Its never been 3 hours to Taree.

if only they realised those kids do that trip every second week.
    Mid Coast had games arranged for Port Mac which is 3 hours away.

Yeah game was at Port Mac, that's poor form though

Yeah game was at Port Mac, that's poor form though
    A bit further, but still isn't that part of the fun of a tournament like that, the kids get to do something different and exciting. Book a caravan park bunk in to save money etc.

Probably not an opportunity many of them will get again. That's a shame, it's only the kids that end up missing out. Hopefully northern can think about that for the next time its run.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    A bit further, but still isn't that part of the fun of a tournament like that, the kids get to do something different and exciting. Book a caravan park bunk in to save money etc.

Probably not an opportunity many of them will get again. That's a shame, it's only the kids that end up missing out. Hopefully northern can think about that for the next time its run.
    Caravans can be a lot of fun. It reminds me of the tv show Trailer Park Boys. Road trips for teams promote team bonding and that is a positive in my book. I can't wait to see the games for the next round. Go Valo!

Can anyone shed some light on how the youth cup works? On squadi the first round includes 18 teams/9 games and Edgeworth, Lambton, Belswans and Lakes aren?t in it.
    Did these sides have a bye first round? I heard there were community teams involved in this comp too, so did they play them? And if so why isn?t it on squadi

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    Can anyone shed some light on how the youth cup works? On squadi the first round includes 18 teams/9 games and Edgeworth, Lambton, Belswans and Lakes aren?t in it.
    Did these sides have a bye first round? I heard there were community teams involved in this comp too, so did they play them? And if so why isn?t it on squadi
    Community teams that entered usually only had 1 age group. So any clubs from NPL or League One that drew a community side found most age groups with a bye. Squadi is not showing any teams that had a bye in round 1. Am not sure if any games involving community sides are in Squadi as they don't use it for Community football so won't have players in database.