Let's kick this off particularly, with the decoupling process being stalled
    Decouple is back.
    NL youth is in.
    Can they pip Valo for 8th in club champs

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    Decouple is back.
    NL youth is in.
    Hahaha not a chance! Valo will be stronger than them in every age group.

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    Decouple is back.
    NL youth is in.
    Going off the club championship table someone posted recently the bottom clubs in the top group next year will likely be Edgeworth,Nth Coast and Valo.NL isnt at that level yet.A small sample size for sure but after watching NPL and NL1 semis and grand finals in youth recently the difference is probably a bit larger than some people think.NL will benefit from the decouple win lose or draw and they will be a welcome addition.It will likely be 4 of the following clubs fighting to get back up to group 1 for 2024 NL,Bel Swans,NIAS,Weston,Azzuri,Buds,Lakes and Cooks Hill.

Would the better thread name not have been 2023 Premier Youth League?

Anyway NL won't be in top 8. I think Valo will perform better

But hard to make a prediction until Northern release how the club championship will be decided. Will different age groups get different points? Will they do what happens in Sydney and Melbourne where U13s don't count towards the championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Will different age groups get different points? Will they do what happens in Sydney and Melbourne where U13s don't count towards the championship?
    Is there a particular reason why 13s dont count?

Would the better thread name not have been 2023 Premier Youth League?

Anyway NL won't be in top 8. I think Valo will perform better

But hard to make a prediction until Northern release how the club championship will be decided. Will different age groups get different points? Will they do what happens in Sydney and Melbourne where U13s don't count towards the championship?
    Updated.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

A note to all.

Keep it civil. Multiple threads were closed for 2022 because people couldn't help themselves.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Reading through the info on decoupling there are some things that are a bit unclear to me.

How many games are actually in the season? So you play everyone once and then the split do you play everyone twice?? - so 26 games in league A for example.

At the end of the article it states that from 2024 there will be two divisions of 12 to start the season. Maths has never been my strong point but isn’t there only 23 teams at the moment. Who’s team 24 going to be? Is a ZPL team going to come up or another regional team?

Have heard there’s a mid week cup or something as well, anyone have any info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    Reading through the info on decoupling there are some things that are a bit unclear to me.

How many games are actually in the season? So you play everyone once and then the split do you play everyone twice?? - so 26 games in league A for example.

At the end of the article it states that from 2024 there will be two divisions of 12 to start the season. Maths has never been my strong point but isn’t there only 23 teams at the moment. Who’s team 24 going to be? Is a ZPL team going to come up or another regional team?

Have heard there’s a mid week cup or something as well, anyone have any info on that?
    The original plan was teams play each other once in both rounds. So 18 or so League games when the comp is in its correct structure from 2024 on.
    I assume the reduction in league games is going to made up for in the pre season cup (group format - 3 games + knockouts) and Premier Youth cup/plate (knockout - 2 games minimum).

So roughly a minimum of 24 competitive games with successful team maybe playing around 30ish.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I’m led to believe that it’s because they don’t want kids in their first year of full size football having the added pressure of being responsible for the rest of the age groups being relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    I’m led to believe that it’s because they don’t want kids in their first year of full size football having the added pressure of being responsible for the rest of the age groups being relegated.
    I would have assumed that too.With 4 years of JDL under their belts these days before they hit 13s I doubt that same concern would be as valid now.I can understand the case for weighted results as well as no weighting at all.Hopefully the decision is clear and consistent.

I would have assumed that too.With 4 years of JDL under their belts these days before they hit 13s I doubt that same concern would be as valid now.I can understand the case for weighted results as well as no weighting at all.Hopefully the decision is clear and consistent.
    I think it is also because it will be their first time on a full size field. Though Queensland have changed their U13s to remain 9v9 as well.

Because 13s don't count in Sydney? Will enjoy this season having no involvement locally.

From what I've learnt with pro/rel in Sydney kids still club hop between those teams, if they can afford to lose their deposits.

Banned
    I think it is also because it will be their first time on a full size field. Though Queensland have changed their U13s to remain 9v9 as well.
    Qld are ahead of the game. Full field for 13s is a bit of a farce.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Because 13s don't count in Sydney? Will enjoy this season having no involvement locally.

From what I've learnt with pro/rel in Sydney kids still club hop between those teams, if they can afford to lose their deposits.
    For sure. Same politics there as well. They all claim to have the best setup.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Pretty much. I lived in the north for a while. Every decision is fought over.
    13s are a lay year until the top clubs can poach the better ones within the local region of course.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post

Enjoy NPL2

Enjoy NPL2
    Looking forward to it, bit of a trek but couldn't turn down the opportunity in regards to the coaching, development and support that is being made available.

Banned
    Did we sort out if the 18s are playing with youth or seniors next year?