Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

I agree

We can sustain around Youth 16 clubs max. Even thats a stretch. Maybe have 4 teams from NL1 for 2 groups of 8 OR just the top grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We can sustain around Youth 16 clubs max. Even thats a stretch. Maybe have 4 teams from NL1 for 2 groups of 8 OR just the top grade.
    Maybe just kept it as is plus NL next year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Maybe just kept it as is plus NL next year.
    And the NL1 clubs??? What about them?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Sounds like they are dropping 1 by 1

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Why aren’t these clubs removed from the competition if they can’t run youth programs, it’s definitely not an even playing field for the other clubs
    They are being removed, Wallsend has just been told they can't have youth teams

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Yeah, we have some NPL clubs struggling to field teams but some NL1 clubs have strong youth programs yet people happy to kick out them while keeping the clubs who struggle to attract and retain players

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    They are being removed, Wallsend has just been told they can't have youth teams
    If that’s the case then wallsend need to be dropped out as a club, it’s not an even playing field, other clubs are putting in hard work and some aren’t, it’s ridiculous

If that’s the case then wallsend need to be dropped out as a club, it’s not an even playing field, other clubs are putting in hard work and some aren’t, it’s ridiculous
    The whole point of separation is that it doesn't matter if they have them or not. No point making the comp your team is in smaller in the seniors.

Ive heard of 2 different kids getting spots from trialing at a club and not getting a spot,but the coach/td has recommended them to another NPL club who took them in.This is great from all parties and well done to the clubs who are happy to help kids out.I heard some NL1 clubs have had great turnouts for trials for both youth and JDL,i hope any kids that didnt make it kept putting their names down elsewhere and get a spot.Maybe NNSW could organise a muster type day for anyone who hasnt got a spot by this stage and get them all together at the facility and get club coaches/TDs there to fill squads if they are still short.Could it hurt?

A recent discussion I was part of centred around the idea of NNSWF providing a pathway from community football to JDL and/or YPL.

NNSWF would set up a team in each age group, 9s through 16s. Community players who have never been part of the JDL/YPL setup would be allowed to trial/join.

Each player would be allowed one year in this team, before leaving to go back to community, or to a club within the JDL/YPL setup.

Ticks a few boxes for me; including parents unsure of how whether their child can fit into such a system with extra training etc.
    Even better if the cost could be reduced/eliminated to entice players who might otherwise not enter the system. Could there be a subsidy or scholarship type approach attempted for transitioning these kids into clubs? Limits as to how many players from an age group can go to a single club at the end of the year?

I'm sure there are valid issues that mean this could never happen, but putting here for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    A recent discussion I was part of centred around the idea of NNSWF providing a pathway from community football to JDL and/or YPL.

NNSWF would set up a team in each age group, 9s through 16s. Community players who have never been part of the JDL/YPL setup would be allowed to trial/join.

Each player would be allowed one year in this team, before leaving to go back to community, or to a club within the JDL/YPL setup.

Ticks a few boxes for me; including parents unsure of how whether their child can fit into such a system with extra training etc.
    Even better if the cost could be reduced/eliminated to entice players who might otherwise not enter the system. Could there be a subsidy or scholarship type approach attempted for transitioning these kids into clubs? Limits as to how many players from an age group can go to a single club at the end of the year?

I'm sure there are valid issues that mean this could never happen, but putting here for discussion.
    Some interesting points however:
    Reestablishing a team in each age group each year would be a significant challenge
    NNSWF has no ground beyond the LMRFF so you can imagine the cost to be part of that team having to pay to use that each week
    If subsidised by NNSW football the screaming from the clubs/parents who would be subsidising the process would be deafening
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

How about everyone goes back and play community footy, no training shirt , no sport bags, no track suit, no academy’s, zones pick a rep team every year, train two nights, if you are any good at 16/17 then try your luck at seniors because the current system just ain’t working, imagine the money all you mums and dads will save, it worked in my day and produced some of the best footballers this town has seen, just a thought

How about everyone goes back and play community footy, no training shirt , no sport bags, no track suit, no academy’s, zones pick a rep team every year, train two nights, if you are any good at 16/17 then try your luck at seniors because the current system just ain’t working, imagine the money all you mums and dads will save, it worked in my day and produced some of the best footballers this town has seen, just a thought
    Spot on Red. Some outstanding players 15 and 20 years ago without academies or pathways. The best players played rep football for either Macquarie, Newcastle or Hunter Valley Zones and the best of those represented N.N.S.W at the national titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Spot on Red. Some outstanding players 15 and 20 years ago without academies or pathways. The best players played rep football for either Macquarie, Newcastle or Hunter Valley Zones and the best of those represented N.N.S.W at the national titles.
    And if you ask any of them they will tell you kids these days are way more skilled and overall better players than these former pros were at the same age. These former pros also wish they had the facilities and coaching that kids these days do.Theres plenty of them involved in youth football,get out there and ask them.You all had an NPL back then it was called A grade.yes theres more wank to it now but so is absolutely everything else in this world.Theres no going back so lets try and make the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    And if you ask any of them they will tell you kids these days are way more skilled and overall better players than these former pros were at the same age. These former pros also wish they had the facilities and coaching that kids these days do.Theres plenty of them involved in youth football,get out there and ask them.You all had an NPL back then it was called A grade.yes theres more wank to it now but so is absolutely everything else in this world.Theres no going back so lets try and make the best of it.
    That’s fine, but can you all stop complaining how much it costs please

That’s fine, but can you all stop complaining how much it costs please
    i cant speak for anyone else but a quick search of my posts will show you i have no problem with the cost and think its money well spent considering all of the training,access and organisation it takes to run a program like this.I think youll find most people complaining about the cost dont even have kids playing NPL/NL1 they just want to stir people up.Ive read enough posts about you on here to know that you have been heavily involved in clubs so you know the costs,and the overwhelming positives a program like this has for kids.My kid wont ever make a dollar out of the game but while ever he is good enough to play at this level id encourage it because of all the other benefits it affords him.

I hear this a lot and I think about who did it produce? A few mediocre NSL players who managed to get into the local team that never even made it to a grand final or won any tournament. Made a few socceroos but the socceroos under this wonderful system never qualified for a World Cup. Meanwhile this current crap system across Australia is seeing the fruits of labor helped by young players that have only been in this "crap system".

It didn't work in your day at all you're just looking at was the best back then which if in today's environment would be bang up average.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I hear this a lot and I think about who did it produce? A few mediocre NSL players who managed to get into the local team that never even made it to a grand final or won any tournament. Made a few socceroos but the socceroos under this wonderful system never qualified for a World Cup. Meanwhile this current crap system across Australia is seeing the fruits of labor helped by young players that have only been in this "crap system".

It didn't work in your day at all you're just looking at was the best back then which if in today's environment would be bang up average.
    They say we do have an easier path now days, but that's debatable also, how many of the current crop or close to it come out of Newcastle??

Quality over quantity i think is a better path in Newcastle, yes, we need quality coaching by quality coaches etc. and you need to give everyone a chance to succeed in the game, but at some stage we also need to open to the fact.

That not all will make it, no matter how good the coach is, no matter how many clinics they attend, no matter how many games they play, no matter how much the parents pay. they just won't make it.

The really good ones will shine no-matter the circumstances, the fringe go two ways, some attach on the coat tails of the really good ones and succeed, the others get dragged back down by the mediocre without realizing their true potential.

As i have mentioned before there are not enough kids to fill all these so-called youth/elite spots in Newcastle, yes it does work in the major cities, population plays a big part in this.

I don't think there is an easy answer, but obviously the system is not working, raping and pillaging parents to pay for senior players, overpriced coaches and/or TD's etc, whilst blowing smoke some very ordinary bum holes for $$$ is not the answer.

We can still have the youth programs, just don't have to include every kid who plays football in Newcastle go through it.

cheers

"Old man yells at cloud"
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin