Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Broadmeadow magic 2022 npl mens & womens club champions!!!
    And won nothing

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    You will be lucky if he still plays by the time seniors comes around. Even the prem has a 3 month off season
    Not that there is a comparison but EPL clubs finish end of May and are back into it by early July.

What NPL clubs do things differently? Most I know have some pre Xmas getogethers to bed in new squad and then train from January.

Jets, Mariners youth and Sydney NPL1 clubs crack on earlier than that and train much more than local NPL. Are you saying all those players will stop playing by seniors? I don’t see it. The game has moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    Not that there is a comparison but EPL clubs finish end of May and are back into it by early July.

What NPL clubs do things differently? Most I know have some pre Xmas getogethers to bed in new squad and then train from January.

Jets, Mariners youth and Sydney NPL1 clubs crack on earlier than that and train much more than local NPL. Are you saying all those players will stop playing by seniors? I don’t see it. The game has moved on.
    I’m just saying it was a long season and kids need to do something like go surfing for a good couple of months before they get back to the grind

I’m just saying it was a long season and kids need to do something like go surfing for a good couple of months before they get back to the grind
    Why?

What if they don’t want to do anything else? Force them to stand around for hours in the blazing sun in the hope someone hits the ball their way?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Why?

What if they don’t want to do anything else? Force them to stand around for hours in the blazing sun in the hope someone hits the ball their way?
    Mate. It’s not an order, just my opinion. If you want to get straight back into then fill your boots

I hope all the youth are off playing cricket and not thinking about football again until january
    Almost all clubs have started training again, or will be soon

Look, I was always of the same mind - soccer season then cricket season and in my day the two seasons didn't cross. But soccer has changed and clubs and players demand more nowadays. Those clubs sticking to the old school ways of months of inactivity will soon find themselves at the back of a chasing pack.

Yes it puts more pressure on clubs and coaches but for my boy's club its a must. Pre-season kick before Xmas roughly 1.5 hours once a week and then back into it from Jan. And no one sees it as a "grind" - its soccer in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Almost all clubs have started training again, or will be soon
    Yes ours have told the boys they will be back in a few weeks then a break for Christmas, back in mid Jan then trials all Feb, comp starts in March.My son cant wait he loves all aspects of the experience both good and bad.If he ever thought of it as a grind id drag him anyway and find him a level that made him happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    And won nothing
    And club champions is nothing

Great to see next years 13's Jets squad come from a broader range of clubs.

Azzurri (2)
    Edgy (2)
    Jaffas (2)
    Magic (3)
    Maitland (2)
    Olympic (3)
    Valentine (1)
    + 2 players from this years Jets 13's squad.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Whispers of emerging Jets 9-12s starting next year in a 1 night p/w training only format. Not sure how this might sit next to NNSWs TSP format.

See what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Whispers of emerging Jets 9-12s starting next year in a 1 night p/w training only format. Not sure how this might sit next to NNSWs TSP format.

See what happens.
    Hearing the same, open trials to be selected for the program.

See what happens.
    Correct...

TSP/ Extended Jets Shadow Squad Training Monday Nights... Tuesday Nights GVE Private Training... Wednesday Jets Training... Thursday Gomes Private training.... The kids still get 4 sessions in a week.

Correct...

TSP/ Extended Jets Shadow Squad Training Monday Nights... Tuesday Nights GVE Private Training... Wednesday Jets Training... Thursday Gomes Private training.... The kids still get 4 sessions in a week.
    So how or when do they train with their clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Great to see next years 13's Jets squad come from a broader range of clubs.

Azzurri (2)
    Edgy (2)
    Jaffas (2)
    Magic (3)
    Maitland (2)
    Olympic (3)
    Valentine (1)
    + 2 players from this years Jets 13's squad.
    Agree. Good to see all the top clubs represented. 17 players? Playing minutes an issue?

What’s the movement like among the older ages? 14’s struggled but 15’s and 16’s went well.

See what happens.
    This might be SAP thread chat. Dangerous ground.

Correct...

Private training, so is it for the players already with them or is it being done as a way to get more money for Jets and also to bring in more income from GVE and Gomes by getting more players to their private sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    Agree. Good to see all the top clubs represented. 17 players? Playing minutes an issue?

What’s the movement like among the older ages? 14’s struggled but 15’s and 16’s went well.
    Jets always do that 15 field players, 2 goalkeepers

The jets not long ago posted about how the academy program is running 200k in the red (after the kids fees come in as well) and they are now going to try and re-add 9-12s over the top or in replace of TSP?

Need to make the program sustainable before it collapses and let northern wear the cost of running the pre NPL development program.TSP / JETS 9-12s same same?

Will be interested as to what the cost will end up being since TSP has been a $100 a term plus uniform if you want to buy it with northern claiming it runs in the negative as well.

So how or when do they train with their clubs?
    I suspect its tongue in cheek.