Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    We all know he’s a poacher
    Remember,its the kids and parents that sign the letters of offer though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Remember,its the kids and parents that sign the letters of offer though.
    Correct. It takes 2.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Just looked through table positions quickly whilst on a very boring meeting:
    Year 13's 14's 15's 16's Average Median
    2022 2 8 4 9 5.75 6
    2021 2 6 8 4 5 5
    2020 7 10 3 2 5.5 5
    2019 10 6 7 4 6.75 6.5
    2018 1 11 2 3 4.25 2.5
    2017 7 3 7 1 4.5 5
    2016 8 5 4 9 6.5 6.5

Based purely off table positioning they're in a better place than they were when he took over after 2019.

Marginal? Yes, but not backwards.
    Im not seeing that. Discarding 2019 when he took over the averages are higher after. And add in 2019 its worse.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Im not seeing that. Discarding 2019 when he took over the averages are higher after. And add in 2019 its worse.
    Since 2019 their 16s and 18s have been decent in and around Top 4. How many stayed? How many in the GF went through a development system?. Magic, Olympic. Edgey and now even Valentine are creating a pathway and developing a Club. Jaffas spent from day one and now he is back. All they have is a reputation. If all of the signings on their socials keep them under their player points, Sneddon is a better Accountant than I thought.

The one age group he has had there for the entire time have moved up one position. Granted others have gone up, this years 15s are up 3 positions on where there were in 13s. But this years 14's have dropped 6 positions.

Not backwards like the first poster claimed, the poster who put the table together is claiming marginally better. I'd claim about average maybe slightly better as well.

Anyone can make a graph look good or bad.
    To look at it in Progression you have to look at the ages diagonally. 13's-16's

2017 13's were average until 16's
    2019 average every year
    2021 went backwards this year
    other grades improved each year

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Anyone can make a graph look good or bad.
    To look at it in Progression you have to look at the ages diagonally. 13's-16's

2017 13's were average until 16's
    2019 average every year
    2021 went backwards this year
    other grades improved each year
    The main premise is that the program was touted to be far superior to other clubs.
    As well as stats being average still not seeing it on the park either.

"It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    So the rumours were partly true. Some coaches breathing a sigh of relief

With many clubs already in pre-preseason it's business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Some coaches breathing a sigh of relief
    The Jaffas coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    The Jaffas coaches?
    yep

Who will be TD?

To the Jets parents on here can you please confirm an incident that took place at a training game of the 2023 Jets 13s vs the 2023 Magic 13s, with the scores deadlocked at 0-0 Jets Technical staff begun berating the Jets bench demanding they win the game, storming off and driving off in their cars before the ball hit the net.

Magic 13s haven't started preseason training yet too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    To the Jets parents on here can you please confirm an incident that took place at a training game of the 2023 Jets 13s vs the 2023 Magic 13s, with the scores deadlocked at 0-0 Jets Technical staff begun berating the Jets bench demanding they win the game, storming off and driving off in their cars before the ball hit the net.

Shootin from the hip already

A bit irrelevant but why aren't they having trial games against teams they will actually be up against next year or Youth League 2 teams. I know why Newcastle teams don't want Sydney trial games, but the 13s are going to struggle big time if they don't work out how they need to be playing pretty early on - and its not the push and shove of NPL in Newcastle.

Sounds like it's going to be a tough season for those kids and they need to see the difference in football the most since they haven't been exposed to it yet like the older players have.

Banned

Someone looking for a stir. I didn’t see any of that but magic did well for about 60 minutes considering they are a local npl team. Jets scored a couple very late on to win it. But In saying that I agree with kitz, they should be flogging local teams who haven’t played since what September?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    A bit irrelevant but why aren't they having trial games against teams they will actually be up against next year or Youth League 2 teams. I know why Newcastle teams don't want Sydney trial games, but the 13s are going to struggle big time if they don't work out how they need to be playing pretty early on - and its not the push and shove of NPL in Newcastle.

Sounds like it's going to be a tough season for those kids and they need to see the difference in football the most since they haven't been exposed to it yet like the older players have.
    Are you serious?
    These kids have just come together and are at the start of pre-season.
    It was probably more a hit out than a full-blown trial game. Coaches probably only want to see how kids play in different combinations.
    Stroger opponent trials will happen later in their preparation.
    If the coaches were actually berating kids to win at this stage of preseason, they shouldn't be in the job.

Im with valo and saw the game out of interest.
    There wasnt any drama what so ever and i was next to the benches. I saw Magic hardly touch the ball and go long, Jets make 1000 passes and not really head for goal. I heard the Jets technical emphasizing some simple points. I saw a couple of grubby tackles from the Magic backs which is usual and no reaction from the players. But all in all the boys generally had a good hit out.

Funny how Magic need to have hysteria where ever they go. Ask any parent about their dealings with Magic at this age group over the last 5 or more years.
    Yes we all know what the problem is. Good luck to the other teams this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Are you serious?
    These kids have just come together and are at the start of pre-season.
    It was probably more a hit out than a full-blown trial game. Coaches probably only want to see how kids play in different combinations.
    Stroger opponent trials will happen later in their preparation.
    If the coaches were actually berating kids to win at this stage of preseason, they shouldn't be in the job.
    I am serious. I’ve seen the standard of football in Sydney and the game won’t be even relatively the same. They also won’t come to newcastle looking for “easy” trial games pre season. All of ours are against academy and YL1 teams. If they want to see them in combos they can play a half field attack v defence and move them around. Plus they picked them they should have had some idea of where they were going to play. Can’t have an entire team of kids who only want to play up front can you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Im with valo and saw the game out of interest.
    There wasnt any drama what so ever and i was next to the benches. I saw Magic hardly touch the ball and go long, Jets make 1000 passes and not really head for goal. I heard the Jets technical emphasizing some simple points. I saw a couple of grubby tackles from the Magic backs which is usual and no reaction from the players. But all in all the boys generally had a good hit out.

Funny how Magic need to have hysteria where ever they go. Ask any parent about their dealings with Magic at this age group over the last 5 or more years.
    Yes we all know what the problem is. Good luck to the other teams this year.
    Valo are hardly the standard of good behaviour. Might improve if a couple of coaches are replaced though, hopefully they aged out with their kids though would only help the clubs image.

Plus, the coach of the 13s is a decent guy if the coaching roster hasn’t changed so I’m not quite sure if you realise you may be throwing shade at the wrong person.