Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

Treatment of refs in general by players, coaches and spectators is very poor.

I do not blame the ones who give up on it as the constant negativity would be draining and lead to a lack of enjoyment on their part.

One thing the associations could fix would be to remove the $150 fee to complete the Level 4 course in order to encourage more people to get qualified.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Treatment of refs in general by players, coaches and spectators is very poor.

I do not blame the ones who give up on it as the constant negativity would be draining and lead to a lack of enjoyment on their part.

One thing the associations could fix would be to remove the $150 fee to complete the Level 4 course in order to encourage more people to get qualified.
    Yeah people carrying on like galahs, over youth games really need to get a grip. No one will remember who won the U15 game on the first weekend of July 2023 within 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    The NL1 club championship is pretty well finalised but there is still some interest in the NPL club championship. The remaining matches before the 3 group split have little meaning in NL1. Next we dive into the 3 group phase. Tier 1 and 2 will each have 8 teams and tier 3 only 6 (less in some age groups). Table resets and there is only one round so you have 7 or 5(-) games (depending on your tier) to make the finals.

The lack of referees being assigned in this "premier" competition indicates that NNSW need to get their shit together in regards to the draw. When fees are as high as they are, it is unacceptable for games to be refereed by a coach or official from the home club with no linesmen. Just not good enough.
    Have they confirmed how many teams will go back up to NPL1 to start 2024?Also,my sons club must have been lucky with referees as he has yet to have less than a full compliment for every match home and away.The only time I saw any issues was last year on a midweek catchup game where officials ran lines but that was hastily organised amongst the weather dramas.As for parents/crowd behaviour it was way worse in JDL than its been in NPL.Of course it hasnt been without incident.The best solutions ive seen have all come from clubs starting to move kids and parents on who are too much to handle,its youth NPL no kid is good enough that clubs need to put up with idiot parents.More power to the clubs that are cleaning up this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Have they confirmed how many teams will go back up to NPL1 to start 2024?
    https://www.northernnswfootball.com....r-youth-league

Top 4 teams from PYLB will go to PYL1 for the next season.

Also,my sons club must have been lucky with referees as he has yet to have less than a full compliment for every match home and away.
    You must be at one of Northern's favoured clubs

Club championship pts with 2 rounds left
    1 Lambton Jaffas FC 130
    2 Newcastle Olympic FC 119
    3 Broadmeadow Magic FC 118
    4 Maitland FC 108
    5 Edgeworth FC 99
    6 Valentine FC 90
    7 North Coast Football 78
    8 Mid Coast FC 65
    9 Weston Workers FC 65
    10 Lake Macquarie City FC 52
    11 Adamstown Rosebud FC 46
    12 Charlestown Azzurri FC 41
    13 New Lambton FC 33
    14 Cooks Hill United FC 24

1 Belswans 145
    2 South Cardiff 121
    3 West Wallsend 89
    4 Thornton 59
    5 NIAS 59
    6 Cessnock 58
    7 Kahibah 58
    8 Singleton 21
    9 Wallsend 2
    10 Toronto 0

Weston and mid coast level pegging for 8/9th. Wonder if theyll let Mid coast drop to 2nd tier? Belswans and Southy to go up

Does anyone know if teams are playing the very next week after the current draw?It is going to be a very quick turnaround especially if teams are expected to travel to Tamworth,Taree or Coffs on less than a weeks notice.Top 8 is as it should be,great for Southy and Belswans,and good for the clubs 9-14.I think this will be a really good thing for the long term strength of the comp and player development in our region.I just hope everyone is patient with it to give it a fair go.

The weekend of the 15th is the next cup game, so I guess the last round will start after that. NL1 youth has just been trial games for a few weeks now. The results are meaningless, the points, goals etc don't count. Basically there has been nothing to play for now for some time.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Club championship pts with 2 rounds left
    1 Lambton Jaffas FC 130
    2 Newcastle Olympic FC 119
    3 Broadmeadow Magic FC 118
    4 Maitland FC 108
    5 Edgeworth FC 99
    6 Valentine FC 90
    7 North Coast Football 78
    8 Mid Coast FC 65
    9 Weston Workers FC 65
    10 Lake Macquarie City FC 52
    11 Adamstown Rosebud FC 46
    12 Charlestown Azzurri FC 41
    13 New Lambton FC 33
    14 Cooks Hill United FC 24

1 Belswans 145
    2 South Cardiff 121
    3 West Wallsend 89
    4 Thornton 59
    5 NIAS 59
    6 Cessnock 58
    7 Kahibah 58
    8 Singleton 21
    9 Wallsend 2
    10 Toronto 0

Weston and mid coast level pegging for 8/9th. Wonder if theyll let Mid coast drop to 2nd tier? Belswans and Southy to go up
    Official ladder on Northern website has Weston 8th and MC 9th.

https://www.northernnswfootball.com....p%20260623.pdf

Does anyone know if teams are playing the very next week after the current draw?It is going to be a very quick turnaround especially if teams are expected to travel to Tamworth,Taree or Coffs on less than a weeks notice.Top 8 is as it should be,great for Southy and Belswans,and good for the clubs 9-14.I think this will be a really good thing for the long term strength of the comp and player development in our region.I just hope everyone is patient with it to give it a fair go.
    The last round, group 3 will comprise only 6 teams in some ages and 5 in others. They play each other once for semi spots. Not ideal at all. Semis (and let's face it, that is what Australian sport is about) will come down to 4 or 5 games (depending on the age group).
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

The last round, group 3 will comprise only 6 teams in some ages and 5 in others. They play each other once for semi spots. Not ideal at all. Semis (and let's face it, that is what Australian sport is about) will come down to 4 or 5 games (depending on the age group).
    I get your point,but in the long run the hope is obviously that there is a full compliment of 8 teams in each division.So until then do the other 22 clubs wait around for that or do we just get on with it?

Didn't think there was semi finals for tier 2 and 3. Straight to Grand Final for top 2.

Bad luck. Not being competitive is a disservice for football and the teams they play.

Think it’ll be really interesting to see how Southy and Belswans go.

Go the gunners, back where they belong

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Go the gunners, back where they belong
    I think both clubs will be more than competitive against the NPL1 opposition.Just rewards for doing things the right way in youth over the last few years.

Belswans will do quite well in all ages.
    Southy will do ok in the younger ages, but their 18s and 16s will struggle.
    Last edited by Hunter403; 30-06-2023 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Didn't think there was semi finals for tier 2 and 3. Straight to Grand Final for top 2.
    Clubs complained and I understand that NNSWF has changed to meet club desires.

I get your point,but in the long run the hope is obviously that there is a full compliment of 8 teams in each division.So until then do the other 22 clubs wait around for that or do we just get on with it?
    There has been some talk of inviting community clubs to fill the void. Not sure if anything will come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    I think we can already see some unfortunate losers in the new pro/rel

Charlestown 14s are a very decent squad and have troubled a lot of bigger clubs, and I believe Weston 14s are 2nd on the ladder at the moment (with 3 games left to run)...

I feel sorry for those kids...and I imagine the net result will be those strong squads almost lifting and shifting entirely at the end of the season...or at least the core of those teams seperating to many different clubs. Same for any others in that basket (I haven't seen all the tables)...while, Edgeworth 14s having a very poor year apparently using a "get out of jail" card

Really should have been on an individual team basis...just like the Victorians run their youth system (as I talked about before)
    Apparently the issue was that with ages being separated by distance, you couldn't call, say, an under 13 to back up for 14s. One solution if prom/relegation was age based would be to play 13,15 and 18s on Saturday and 14s and 16s on Sunday. Should solve that issue except for the regional teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    You think they will tell the refs to make sure Weston lose their games and Mid Coast to win their games?