Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Spot on Red. Some outstanding players 15 and 20 years ago without academies or pathways. The best players played rep football for either Macquarie, Newcastle or Hunter Valley Zones and the best of those represented N.N.S.W at the national titles.
    The community pathway still exists as it's never gone away. How many elite players have come via that pathway in the last 20 years?

But by all means continue to say "back in my day things were better" as it adds so much to the discussion
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    They say we do have an easier path now days, but that's debatable also, how many of the current crop or close to it come out of Newcastle??

Quality over quantity i think is a better path in Newcastle, yes, we need quality coaching by quality coaches etc. and you need to give everyone a chance to succeed in the game, but at some stage we also need to open to the fact.

That not all will make it, no matter how good the coach is, no matter how many clinics they attend, no matter how many games they play, no matter how much the parents pay. they just won't make it.

The really good ones will shine no-matter the circumstances, the fringe go two ways, some attach on the coat tails of the really good ones and succeed, the others get dragged back down by the mediocre without realizing their true potential.

As i have mentioned before there are not enough kids to fill all these so-called youth/elite spots in Newcastle, yes it does work in the major cities, population plays a big part in this.

I don't think there is an easy answer, but obviously the system is not working, raping and pillaging parents to pay for senior players, overpriced coaches and/or TD's etc, whilst blowing smoke some very ordinary bum holes for $$$ is not the answer.

We can still have the youth programs, just don't have to include every kid who plays football in Newcastle go through it.

cheers
    A quick look at 2022 numbers (boys/mixed):
    U12's

Interdistrict:
    10 grades, Avg. 8 teams per grade, 80 teams.
    11v11 with a conservative estimate of 13 players per team
    = 1040 players

JDL
    1 grade, 29 teams
    9v9 average of 11 players per team, lets round it up to 12 though.
    = 348 players

U13's

ID's
    6 grades, avg. 8 teams per grade, 60 teams.
    11v11 estimate of 14 players per team
    = 840 players

NPL/NL1
    2 grades, 10 & 8 (-NIAS, MNC, NC), 18 teams
    Estimate of 15/16 players per team. Lets just say 16.
    = 288 players

U14's
    ID's
    5 grades, 8 teams per grade, 40 teams.
    Estimate of 14/15 players per team. Lets say 14.
    = 560 players

NPL/NL1
    = 288 players

It doesn't look to me like every player is forced to be part of the elite pathways.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    How about everyone goes back and play community footy, no training shirt , no sport bags, no track suit, no academy’s, zones pick a rep team every year, train two nights, if you are any good at 16/17 then try your luck at seniors because the current system just ain’t working, imagine the money all you mums and dads will save, it worked in my day and produced some of the best footballers this town has seen, just a thought
    What a backwards idea. They were the best footballers of their time... Now, would they keep up? probably not. It's also elitist to pick rep teams like that and does exactly what everyone is always complaining about football being like.

Judging by the Socceroos its working better then maybe people are willing to let on. It takes more work to get there not less - the AIS and support systems around footballers needs to increase not be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    "Old man yells at cloud"

I wish there was a GIF for this. lol

A quick look at 2022 numbers (boys/mixed):
    U12's

Interdistrict:
    10 grades, Avg. 8 teams per grade, 80 teams.
    11v11 with a conservative estimate of 13 players per team
    = 1040 players

JDL
    1 grade, 29 teams
    9v9 average of 11 players per team, lets round it up to 12 though.
    = 348 players

U13's

ID's
    6 grades, avg. 8 teams per grade, 60 teams.
    11v11 estimate of 14 players per team
    = 840 players

NPL/NL1
    = 288 players

U14's
    ID's
    5 grades, 8 teams per grade, 40 teams.
    Estimate of 14/15 players per team. Lets say 14.
    = 560 players

NPL/NL1
    = 288 players

It doesn't look to me like every player is forced to be part of the elite pathways.
    Wow that's great, love stats..but it was a throw away comment about every kid who plays football.

I know the system quite well and i am very aware of how many teams/players are out there.

Anyways the point is there are still too many players in the system that are, to be honest, just shite and clubs and others are pulling in big dollars telling us all how good they are, when i think a still more elite pathway would benefit better..

But that's my opinion...cheers

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I wish there was a GIF for this. lol
    https://tenor.com/bmBwB.gif

old-man-yells-at-cloud-yelling.jpg
    Last edited by Aegon; 06-12-2022 at 11:31 AM.

"Old man yells at cloud"
    sounds like someone didn’t get picked in the u12s 😢😢

"Old man yells at cloud"
    Others banned for inciting references. A Mod should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Others banned for inciting references. A Mod should know better.
    Feel free to review FR's posting history in youth and JDL to see if there is any positive or constructive comments.
    The comment/.gif are in response to the repeated nature of the above.

Continually saying youth/jdl is crap without actually contributing any recommendations or ideas apart from go back to how it was in the past justifies the tongue in cheek response. In my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    sounds like someone didn’t get picked in the u12s ����
    I didn't play Football until Over 35's and judging by my performances I probably wouldn't have ben picked. Not sure this has any relevance though.

Feel free to review FR's posting history in youth and JDL to see if there is any positive or constructive comments.
    The comment/.gif are in response to the repeated nature of the above.

Continually saying youth/jdl is crap without actually contributing any recommendations or ideas apart from go back to how it was in the past justifies the tongue in cheek response. In my opinion anyway.
    Go and read my post, it states at the end “ just a thought””, it’s a public forum if you don’t like an opinion you should jog on and go yell at some clouds

I didn't play Football until Over 35's and judging by my performances I probably wouldn't have ben picked. Not sure this has any relevance though.
    Didn’t lace a boot until O/35’s - thanks for clarifying that, as I’ve just read your posting history and now it makes a lot more sense 😁

NewcastleFootball.net Theory - the longer a thread continues, the chances of comments turning from constructive contributions to personal attacks increases.

E.g. “wow, a new Youth Football Thread, let’s see how many pages it takes for Newcastlefootball.net theory to be proven correct”

I wonder if a club like Kotara South would be interested in eventually joining in NPL/NL1 youth now that it has been decoupled?They seem to have plenty of kids and there have been so many good kids we've met along the way that started their football at Kotara South but moved on to join JDL then progress.Maybe if JDL was offered there it could lead to fielding teams in youth.If im not mistaken they were a part of the NET program back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I wonder if a club like Kotara South would be interested in eventually joining in NPL/NL1 youth now that it has been decoupled?They seem to have plenty of kids and there have been so many good kids we've met along the way that started their football at Kotara South but moved on to join JDL then progress.Maybe if JDL was offered there it could lead to fielding teams in youth.If im not mistaken they were a part of the NET program back in the day?
    They might be but if they still play as Nesbitt, it would never meet the facilities criteria
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

I think NNSW need to get together with all the interested clubs and say this is what 2025 looks like.
    At the end, we have current NPL, NPL2 made up of current and new, etc. whatever it is. Stick to it. Promotion relegation. Put some excitement and competitiveness back into the comps. NL1 is dying because nobody cares. If you win, who cares, if you lose who cares. Nobody dropping out or getting relegatedz
    Get the clubs that are interested in NPL, developing and ambitious or consistent good results and formulate some competitions and pathways for clubs.
    There’s no point trying to promote a Belswans or Dudley or whoever (just randomly picked) if the club/members don’t really want to go up divisions. And that’s fine. Each to their own. But clubs like kahibah, Southy, mayfield, west lakes, warners bay or suns or whoever (again randomly named) who may aspire to bigger things shouldn’t be restricted.

Once they can sort out what the premier comps look like. Same process, let the clubs interested in youth put together a program and do this Youth League in a similar way. Let kotara south or warners bay or whoever enter the lowest tier of the comp (provided they field all teams, meet coaching requirements etc) if they want to.
    Some clubs may be interested in youth and do it well, others may not, maybe relationships can form between a youth club and an NPL club.

Just think you need to know what’s happening at the top, for kids and parents to see the progression plan.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 07-12-2022 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I think NNSW need to get together with all the interested clubs and say this is what 2025 looks like.
    At the end, we have current NPL, NPL2 made up of current and new, etc. whatever it is. Stick to it. Promotion relegation. Put some excitement and competitiveness back into the comps. NL1 is dying because nobody cares. If you win, who cares, if you lose who cares. Nobody dropping out or getting relegatedz
    Get the clubs that are interested in NPL, developing and ambitious or consistent good results and formulate some competitions and pathways for clubs.
    There’s no point trying to promote a Belswans or Dudley or whoever (just randomly picked) if the club/members don’t really want to go up divisions. And that’s fine. Each to their own. But clubs like kahibah, Southy, mayfield, west lakes, warners bay or suns or whoever (again randomly named) who may aspire to bigger things shouldn’t be restricted.

Once they can sort out what the premier comps look like. Same process, let the clubs interested in youth put together a program and do this Youth League in a similar way. Let kotara south or warners bay or whoever enter the lowest tier of the comp (provided they field all teams, meet coaching requirements etc) if they want to.
    Some clubs may be interested in youth and do it well, others may not, maybe relationships can form between a youth club and an NPL club.

Just think you need to know what’s happening at the top, for kids and parents to see the progression plan.
    I think a clear vision communicated with enough time to plan is essential.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    What a backwards idea. They were the best footballers of their time... Now, would they keep up? probably not. It's also elitist to pick rep teams like that and does exactly what everyone is always complaining about football being like.

Judging by the Socceroos its working better then maybe people are willing to let on. It takes more work to get there not less - the AIS and support systems around footballers needs to increase not be removed.
    My question is if you don't pick rep teams how will kids aspire to get better?
    I'm sure there are kids in JDL/SAP at NPL/NL1 clubs that are aspiring to get into the Jets system, other's may just want to play at NPL/NL1 level with their mates.
    Sport in general starts as community sport and as people improve and develop, they get to where they want to be.
    Some people will play just for fun and stay in community football their whole career. Others will aim higher, and some will even get to the top.

Looks like 2023 TSP invitations have been sent out for the U13-U16's (17's for girls) groups for next year.
    With TSP no longer covering U12's or below it looks like they made the call to increase TSP numbers from 12 to 32 players per group.
    4 x 10 week cycles with a game every second week.
    Starts 30th of January and runs till mid September.
    $90 per cycle with all sessions in the hunter regions @ speers point.

Congratulations to all the boys and girls selected.

Looks like 2023 TSP invitations have been sent out for the U13-U16's (17's for girls) groups for next year.
    With TSP no longer covering U12's or below it looks like they made the call to increase TSP numbers from 12 to 32 players per group.
    4 x 10 week cycles with a game every second week.
    Starts 30th of January and runs till mid September.
    $90 per cycle with all sessions in the hunter regions @ speers point.

Congratulations to all the boys and girls selected.
    Not a lot left to TSP now with a game every second week - just not enough coaches I suspect.

Pre academy has gone out today as well.