Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

The draw for the first section of the season is out.One round against all teams.No word on what happens after than.Nothing on pre-season cup/trials yet either.

14 teams in Div 1, 8 in Div 2. How they are going to work out part 2 of the draw still seems a mystery. Drop 2 teams or 4? Id almost be happy with 10 in Div 1 and 12 in Div 2 for 2nd half of the season.Theres no right or wrong answer I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I didn't play Football until Over 35's and judging by my performances I probably wouldn't have ben picked. Not sure this has any relevance though.
    Based on some of the bile that spews forth from your posts historically, your comment here is as relevant as your comments ever are. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    14 teams in Div 1, 8 in Div 2. How they are going to work out part 2 of the draw still seems a mystery. Drop 2 teams or 4? Id almost be happy with 10 in Div 1 and 12 in Div 2 for 2nd half of the season.Theres no right or wrong answer I guess.
    At the season mid point I think it ends up as:
    League A = 8
    League B = 8
    League C = 6
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Based on some of the bile that spews forth from your posts historically, your comment here is as relevant as your comments ever are. Thanks for clarifying.
    Good job with the personal attacks….

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    At the season mid point I think it ends up as:
    League A = 8
    League B = 8
    League C = 6
    6 is an average number for a comp

8 8 6 is a decent comp formation. 6 team comp wraps up first.

Granted It does mean only 2 teams would be "promoted" to the NPL div2 but at least its still some reward.

Current format is a farce

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    8 8 6 is a decent comp formation. 6 team comp wraps up first.

Granted It does mean only 2 teams would be "promoted" to the NPL div2 but at least its still some reward.

Current format is a farce
    Having a fair idea who the teams are that would be grouped for part 2 of the season, 8/8/6 seems fairest. The top 2 teams in NL1 will do well against the bottom 6 NPL clubs. No getting around the fact that even the bottom 2 clubs in the top 8 will be in for some rough days. Some of the 'relegated' NPL teams should be happy with this format.

Having a fair idea who the teams are that would be grouped for part 2 of the season, 8/8/6 seems fairest. The top 2 teams in NL1 will do well against the bottom 6 NPL clubs. No getting around the fact that even the bottom 2 clubs in the top 8 will be in for some rough days. Some of the 'relegated' NPL teams should be happy with this format.
    Good to see the fed having a go at something different.

Seeing lots of trial games being registered, good to see clubs doing a bit of travel to play against different teams from out of the area.

The pre-season youth cup draw has been partially released.Groups of 4 teams in a round robin format.It looks like the 12 NPL teams from 2 years ago are in the first 3 groups,New Lambton and Cooks Hill have been grouped with the 8 NL1 clubs so there are byes in some of the groups.No idea how any finals structure will work.

The pre-season youth cup draw has been partially released.Groups of 4 teams in a round robin format.It looks like the 12 NPL teams from 2 years ago are in the first 3 groups,New Lambton and Cooks Hill have been grouped with the 8 NL1 clubs so there are byes in some of the groups.No idea how any finals structure will work.
    Where can it be found. Tough on cookers and NL

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Where can it be found. Tough on cookers and NL
    Sorry I was shown it on another parents phone tonight.It was on an app I'd never used before.They were forwarded it from their club.I am assuming all clubs would have that information by now.No idea why theyve separated New Lambton and Cooks Hill.Agree its not great.

edit:the app is called squaddie.I think thats how its spelt.
    Last edited by sapdad; 12-01-2023 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Thanks for posting that.It looks like 2 different competitions.One called the cup with NPL teams and one called the plate with NL1 teams,New Lambton and Cooks Hill.Thats very different to what we were told pre-Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Seems in line with the preseason trial games promised by NNSW. A shame about the byes for some. Good practice games where the results are meaningless and where NNSW has relieved the clubs of the burden of arranging trials. A good chance for coaches to try things.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

What are peoples thoughts on squadi?

For mine it’s a downgrade on GameDay

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on squadi?

For mine it’s a downgrade on GameDay
    Isport was best. Compact, less clicks, all tables on one page if wanted.

Screenshot 2023-01-13 163224.jpg

How did New Lambton youth go against Parramatta on the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    How did New Lambton youth go against Parramatta on the weekend?
    down 8-0.