Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Did we sort out if the 18s are playing with youth or seniors next year?
    youth i believe

It is known as Premier Youth League. NPL Youth and HITFM NL1 youth rolled in together. Change of thread name?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Did we sort out if the 18s are playing with youth or seniors next year?
    Last I was told from a club official was that 18s was to be included in youth club championship and decoupling but somehow still played on the same day as seniors as clubs didnt want to have 5 youth games on one day then only 2 senior games the next.This is a bit strange as an example a club like Cooks Hill would most likely be playing Magic in 1st and Reserves but then New Lambton in 18s on the same day (while New Lambton 1st and res were elsewhere).I cant think organizing a draw and utilising players across 18/ressies would be easy in the 2nd half of the year.It would only seem to work if they did indeed plan on playing all 5 youth games on the one day.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Last I was told from a club official was that 18s was to be included in youth club championship and decoupling but somehow still played on the same day as seniors as clubs didnt want to have 5 youth games on one day then only 2 senior games the next.This is a bit strange as an example a club like Cooks Hill would most likely be playing Magic in 1st and Reserves but then New Lambton in 18s on the same day (while New Lambton 1st and res were elsewhere).I cant think organizing a draw and utilising players across 18/ressies would be easy in the 2nd half of the year.It would only seem to work if they did indeed plan on playing all 5 youth games on the one day.
    If you reckon that will be a chellenge, just wait until some clubs can't field teams in each age group. The draw will end up as total mess.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    If you reckon that will be a chellenge, just wait until some clubs can't field teams in each age group. The draw will end up as total mess.
    While I dont have knowledge on everyones situation,will it be that big a deal this year?Once the draw gets done for the 2nd half of the year the top 8 clubs will have all grades.The next 8 were only missing Cooks Hill 16s which obviously wont exist this year, and one NIAS team.The 3rd group of 8 may or may not field every age,but they may be able to use the fact their kids wont be getting pumped by 20 every week to encourage some kids to try that level and build something for the future.Of course if theres large chunks of kids leaving clubs in a set age group it will cause issues but clubs are out there trailing and getting organised so the top 16 clubs should have no reason to not be ready,and NNSW needs to just automatically relegate any club that cant field all teams into group 3 until they get sorted.

The whole decoupling thing sounds great in principle. But this is one concern I have, plus Northern ability to get a second draw out at mid point mark after the 3 divisions are confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    While I dont have knowledge on everyones situation,will it be that big a deal this year?Once the draw gets done for the 2nd half of the year the top 8 clubs will have all grades.The next 8 were only missing Cooks Hill 16s which obviously wont exist this year, and one NIAS team.The 3rd group of 8 may or may not field every age,but they may be able to use the fact their kids wont be getting pumped by 20 every week to encourage some kids to try that level and build something for the future.Of course if theres large chunks of kids leaving clubs in a set age group it will cause issues but clubs are out there trailing and getting organised so the top 16 clubs should have no reason to not be ready,and NNSW needs to just automatically relegate any club that cant field all teams into group 3 until they get sorted.
    So a mess for the bottom 8 teams is acceptable? Guess you are not one of those club officals that have to sort it.

Will NC and MNC field 18s?
    Do you mean that if MNC and NC can't field 18s they should be in group 3? If so, that won't stop the cricket scores.

NNSW have had ample opportunitues to implement their own rules over the last few years and have failed to do so. They have even granted a dispensation to clubs that don't field all teams this year. Clubs tried hard to raise all teams last year and many failed. Why should they suddnely acheive it this year when it is likely that the cost will even be higher for the NL1 clubs? More games=more cost.

So a mess for the bottom 8 teams is acceptable? Guess you are not one of those club officals that have to sort it.
    What Im saying is that if some clubs missing teams is inevitable then why not just proceed with the new structure in the hope that it will fix some of the other problems NNSW have identified.No idea on the situation regarding 18s for MC and NC but if it looms as an obstacle then hopefully someone is working towards a solution rather than just accepting the status quo.Id personally still rather 18s with seniors and NC and MC are a good example why (seemingly different travel requirements for a small percentage of their squads every week).We can all agree that there is no perfect structure but im willing to try the new one.

Will NC and MNC field 18s?
    Do you mean that if MNC and NC can't field 18s they should be in group 3? If so, that won't stop the cricket scores.

NNSW have had ample opportunitues to implement their own rules over the last few years and have failed to do so. They have even granted a dispensation to clubs that don't field all teams this year. Clubs tried hard to raise all teams last year and many failed. Why should they suddnely acheive it this year when it is likely that the cost will even be higher for the NL1 clubs? More games=more cost.
    Considering 18s are included because MC and NC pushed for 18s to be included I think they will be having teams.

NPL clubs are required to field all teams in the new comp, but they get one season’s grace so don't expect a full boat for season 1. By season 2, Northern say all clubs in the top league will need to have all teams.

Any noise in clubland about the youth Summer Series? Details are scarce.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    I know that some clubs are arranging their own trials in the expectation that NNSW stuff it up.

I hope all the youth are off playing cricket and not thinking about football again until january

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    I hope all the youth are off playing cricket and not thinking about football again until january
    Gone are the days where you can play NPL snd cricket as a kid or adult

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Gone are the days where you can play NPL snd cricket as a kid or adult
    Correct.

Soccer is an all year sport now and NPL clubs who haven’t realised that will suddenly realise they are behind the 8 ball. My boy is back in next month and then 3/4 times a week early Jan if he takes up the new academy sessions coming in.

He might get a surf in.

Banned
    Ah. Thats the deal. No more club chest beating and get the players on the park in every grade or deservedly drop out. ZPL is a decent comp anyway.

Why we've waited this long to get some balls and have a serious attempt to fix youth footy is amazing. Sure therell be a team that loses just about every game at the bottom of group 3 but thats much less than the debacle this year and theres the challenge. Nothing is perfect.

Banned
    Depends what your goal is. If you wanna go interstate is 11months, if you wanna stay npl here take 3/4 months off.

Correct.

Soccer is an all year sport now and NPL clubs who haven’t realised that will suddenly realise they are behind the 8 ball. My boy is back in next month and then 3/4 times a week early Jan if he takes up the new academy sessions coming in.

He might get a surf in.
    You will be lucky if he still plays by the time seniors comes around. Even the prem has a 3 month off season
    Last edited by BS detecor; 20-10-2022 at 11:53 PM.

Broadmeadow magic 2022 npl mens & womens club champions!!!

You will be lucky if he still plays by the time seniors comes around. Even the prem has a 3 month off season
    this is so incorrect its not funny