Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Don’t mind me I’m just here living in your heads rent free 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Keep hiding behind your fake names throwing insults.
    Imagine being that sad coming to watch a training game in under 13s when you don’t have a kid playing and calling 12yr olds grubs 🤦 Get a life buddy.
    Next time say hello and I’ll sign a shirt for you 😘
    I wish the jets 13s nothing but the best, some great kids in that group which I have allot of time for. They were the better team yesterday for sure, we battled hard for 1hr to keep them out and in the end fitness took it’s toll and they ran over the top of us, I’m
    More than happy with my kids efforts playing against the regions best. This forum really needs people to use their real names and it will cut out all the rubbish that goes on. Just a thought ✌️
    #toottoot

Hey John... great to be back on the pitch, commiserations for the first loss in 70+ games... Sorry we couldn't stay to full time, I had to drive Arthur and Gary home early as the Jets car was in for a service.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Hey John... great to be back on the pitch, commiserations for the first loss in 70+ games... Sorry we couldn't stay to full time, I had to drive Arthur and Gary home early as the Jets car was in for a service.
    Mate ya killing me, people think I’m you on this forum. I’m just a dad trying his best to get these kids to where they want to be. Happy to cop criticism off parents using their real names but not keyboard warriors. There’s 4 kids in that 13s team that I’ve been lucky to coach at some point. So to the wankers that wanna bag me show me what you’ve done for the game. Till then go F@ck yourself 🤫

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Im with valo and saw the game out of interest.
    There wasnt any drama what so ever and i was next to the benches. I saw Magic hardly touch the ball and go long, Jets make 1000 passes and not really head for goal. I heard the Jets technical emphasizing some simple points. I saw a couple of grubby tackles from the Magic backs which is usual and no reaction from the players. But all in all the boys generally had a good hit out.

Funny how Magic need to have hysteria where ever they go. Ask any parent about their dealings with Magic at this age group over the last 5 or more years.
    Yes we all know what the problem is. Good luck to the other teams this year.
    I was there and agree. All the kids are finding their feet and apart from a couple of stupid challenges was a pretty decent training run.
    Ageon, do your job.
    You Magician should stop the abuse you pollute this forum with. Mods shouldve banned you straight up but theyre too gutless

It’s a slippery slope. If I start banning people for trolling there won’t be many people left here to post.

At the end of the day, anyone naive enough to bite at that drivel probably deserves to have to re-read it.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Wonder if the 2023 thread gets closed before the season even begins.

Look forward to the 2024 thread next week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Im with valo and saw the game out of interest.
    There wasnt any drama what so ever and i was next to the benches. I saw Magic hardly touch the ball and go long, Jets make 1000 passes and not really head for goal. I heard the Jets technical emphasizing some simple points. I saw a couple of grubby tackles from the Magic backs which is usual and no reaction from the players. But all in all the boys generally had a good hit out.

Funny how Magic need to have hysteria where ever they go. Ask any parent about their dealings with Magic at this age group over the last 5 or more years.
    Yes we all know what the problem is. Good luck to the other teams this year.
    What most of us were thinking but not wanting to lose the thread.
    Anyway...

Banned
    Did anyone get the Herald article on "The cost of playing football for Newcastle Jets academy, amid new fee for talent identification"?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    It’s a slippery slope. If I start banning people for trolling there won’t be many people left here to post.

At the end of the day, anyone naive enough to bite at that drivel probably deserves to have to re-read it.
    Anyone with a basic understanding of written text would know that the reader infers tone and meaning and not the author. Without directing a reader with a referring to a laugh or joke, then it can only ever be taken at face value, which is exactly how it is written. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Did anyone get the Herald article on "The cost of playing football for Newcastle Jets academy, amid new fee for talent identification"?
    There's another that follows up directly after it as well if you are looking for the followup lol. They have obviously put a lot of people out, you know replacing a program without bothering to inform anyone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    There's another that follows up directly after it as well if you are looking for the followup lol. They have obviously put a lot of people out, you know replacing a program without bothering to inform anyone.
    What ive heard is because the program is always threatening to close down due to no to low funding they have started a foundation model which targets several areas of making money. For the Academy or themselves im not sure.
    Chasing company sponsorship i like but arranging pricey community events is a bit worrying.
    Im not sure what else could be problematic as I havent seen the articles.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    What ive heard is because the program is always threatening to close down due to no to low funding they have started a foundation model which targets several areas of making money. For the Academy or themselves im not sure.
    Chasing company sponsorship i like but arranging pricey community events is a bit worrying.
    Im not sure what else could be problematic as I havent seen the articles.

No problem with Jets charging whatever they want to for a training camp.
    No problem with them identifying players at the camp for their squads.

Problem with them charging what they want, if they are ONLY selecting from those that paid $$$.

Also, wonder if our drop in Jets ALM crowds has anything to do with their youth systems pissing off a bunch of people each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Wonder if the 2023 thread gets closed before the season even begins.

Look forward to the 2024 thread next week.
    it's always humourous to watch this thread and the JDL one crash and burn each year. The same crew each year just cant help it.

There's a special level of sad for taking the coaching of year 6 kids this seriously. To the point of logging in to 2 accounts to back and forth with themselves. Laughable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    it's always humourous to watch this thread and the JDL one crash and burn each year. The same crew each year just cant help it.

There's a special level of sad for taking the coaching of year 6 kids this seriously. To the point of logging in to 2 accounts to back and forth with themselves. Laughable.
    stfu with your sh*t talk and talk footy. fmd. Ah like you add nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    No problem with Jets charging whatever they want to for a training camp.
    No problem with them identifying players at the camp for their squads.
    Problem with them charging what they want, if they are ONLY selecting from those that paid $$$.
    Also, wonder if our drop in Jets ALM crowds has anything to do with their youth systems pissing off a bunch of people each year.
    Nah. When we winning we get 10k. Losing under 5k.
    Last edited by terry; 13-11-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Completely agree. These dicks admonish anonymous keyboard warriors expressing views, driving gossip and rumours as a means of creating interest and yet...they actually want to bitch and moan about 12 year old football?. Get a life or concentrate on your O35s or AA career and leave the kids to enjoy what they can whilst Daddy picks a fight with another Daddy because they both want Johnny to be Tim Cahill or Harry Kewell. Sad.

JDL will be fine this year, all the kids are turning 13 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUMP TOWER View Post
    Someone looking for a stir. I didn’t see any of that but magic did well for about 60 minutes considering they are a local npl team. Jets scored a couple very late on to win it. But In saying that I agree with kitz, they should be flogging local teams who haven’t played since what September?
    When was the last time Jets 13s played?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    When was the last time Jets 13s played?
    Well letÂ’s see, they have been training 2-3 times a week for how many weeks now? And how many intra club trials have they had? JDL kids probably havenÂ’t kicked a ball since JDL finished up in august was it?

Quote Originally Posted by TRUMP TOWER View Post
    Well letÂ’s see, they have been training 2-3 times a week for how many weeks now? And how many intra club trials have they had? JDL kids probably havenÂ’t kicked a ball since JDL finished up in august was it?
    If you don't know when was the last time they played, don't answer.

I do know that this weekend wasn't the first time the Magic team kicked a ball together either.

Not that the score matters, I remember the Jets U15s losing to CCU this time last year by double digits. Yet they finished 2nd in their comp.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 14-11-2022 at 01:05 PM.