Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

If I was a Stockton player and my game was called off today and then another club comes along tomorrow and gets to play on my ground. I would be up in arms and having harsh words with my committee that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    For sure, but that shouldn’t stop a few 8 o’clock am and pm school holidays kick offs in the youth comp. Sure it’s tough to organise but isn’t that what Northern are there for? They have people who’s job it is to organise the comp and and manage the venue. Surely they can have a chat? If we are saying it on here I’m hopeful someone is saying it within Northern.
    Hard to find referees for 8am kickoffs

Rosebuds youth weren’t set to play until Sunday. We know it’s going to rain but to call it on Friday after less than torrential fall speaks to perhaps a different agenda.

I love the Buds but the noises from the parents this season suggests things are worse than they have been in many years. Let’s hope things change soon.
    My sons best mate plays there so as families we talk quite a bit about our sons experiences.The dad told me the week before their home game against Magic was washed out but Magic organised Speers point to play on even though it was a Rosebuds home game.The Rosebud kids and coaches all agreed to play the catch up even though they could have taken the point from the washout.He said they knew they would get beat but everyone agreed the only way to get better was to play as many games as they could.He has a lot of thoughts both good and bad of whats going on over there but my sons club has issues of their own so its probably more about how you go about fixing them.He is a big fan of the new youth system proposed as it will suit a club like theirs.

When some clubs have low single digit points all season, a 0-0 draw and not having to go through the inevitable is a good result.
    Plenty of clubs up the top of the table happy to have draws too if we're being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    My sons best mate plays there so as families we talk quite a bit about our sons experiences.The dad told me the week before their home game against Magic was washed out but Magic organised Speers point to play on even though it was a Rosebuds home game.The Rosebud kids and coaches all agreed to play the catch up even though they could have taken the point from the washout.He said they knew they would get beat but everyone agreed the only way to get better was to play as many games as they could.He has a lot of thoughts both good and bad of whats going on over there but my sons club has issues of their own so its probably more about how you go about fixing them.He is a big fan of the new youth system proposed as it will suit a club like theirs.
    I couldn’t imagine a washout draw helping the buds anyway. In fact, any team that is happy to take a draw rather than play a game doesn’t have the kids best interests at heart. Good on the buds for playing the game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    I couldn’t imagine a washout draw helping the buds anyway. In fact, any team that is happy to take a draw rather than play a game doesn’t have the kids best interests at heart. Good on the buds for playing the game.
    True. But it's all about Magic winning remember. They couldnt give a damn about the buds.
    Last edited by jim wallis; 02-07-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Banned
    How did Olympic Magic JDL get onto Uni no2 last week? Private ground.

Banned
    So looks like any club can scramble for playable ground

Or instead offer club trial instead.
    That way every gets to play which is most important, right? and worry less about points

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    True. But it's all about Magic winning remember. They couldnt give a damn about the buds.
    Can you blame them though?They are competing for 1st place,and its clear they arent the only club who have the same mindset.

Can you blame them though?They are competing for 1st place,and its clear they arent the only club who have the same mindset.
    Let's not forget it was going to be rescheduled as was before round 14 cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Let's not forget it was going to be rescheduled as was before round 14 cut off.
    Theres still a bit of confusion regarding this.Our club is under the impression that all games washed out (whether they are already catch ups from 1st round) will NOT be replayed.Ive been told otherwise by other parents though so who the hell knows.

No issue with any club finding alternate arrangements to get the games played. The issue will only be with clubs who pick and choose which games they relocate based on the opposition

Banned
    No issue with any club finding alternate arrangements to get the games played. The issue will only be with clubs who pick and choose which games they relocate based on the opposition
    um. point 2 is directly related to point 1 so overall it's an issue

Banned
    Theres still a bit of confusion regarding this.Our club is under the impression that all games washed out (whether they are already catch ups from 1st round) will NOT be replayed.Ive been told otherwise by other parents though so who the hell knows.
    All rd1 games will be caught up. No rd2 game will be caught up was in my email.

Banned
    So no problem with bottom club refusing to change ground at short notice to deny said winning team? If one club wants to win at all cost then it must be ok for any club to deny them. Pick your poison

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    um. point 2 is directly related to point 1 so overall it's an issue
    Yeah that’s northerns fault but if clubs are going to pick and choose which games they move heaven and earth to play and which games they cancel 2 days out, then that’s on the clubs

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    So no problem with bottom club refusing to change ground at short notice to deny said winning team? If one club wants to win at all cost then it must be ok for any club to deny them. Pick your poison
    How is playing a game winning at all cost? Finding a way to get the game played should be commended and if it means that the club give up their designated training night at speers point to play a catch up game then that’s exactly what should be happening. It’s literally what northern suggested clubs do.

The game was never going to be a 0-0 draw as it was a round 1 washout catch up game. I too have a friends boy playing at the buds

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Im not interested in the blame game in any of this.Luckily results wont matter for my kids team this year.He wants to play every game possible and wants to test himself against the best.His team is building towards something and a trophy or a spoon wont change that.Im confident the team that wins the premiership and grand final will deserve it no matter how it unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    All rd1 games will be caught up. No rd2 game will be caught up was in my email.
    Thanks.