Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Forever Red is correct. The gate behind the grandstand at Darling St is always unlocked to give public access. If you don't believe it, try calling in and entering through the gate
    Valo is also always accessible.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    You are dreaming. That is not the case at all, they do not have to remain open to the public, and I have yet to see gates left open anywhere, this would have to be the exception to every other NPL field around if olympic leave the gates open.
    There is a hole in the fence, regardless someone did get in and was able to walk and show that it was bone dry and playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    I don’t know the people at Olympic but they don’t seem the type to call off games to spite Magic, which is what is being suggested here. It just wouldn’t happen so let’s not entertain that thought here as it is dumb.
    You're right you don't know the people at Olympic and they are the type to call of games that they don't want to play. Not the first time either, they did it to us 2 years ago so I am not surprised that they don't want to now particularly when their teams are significantly weaker this year. No game played means that their points average won't drop with a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    No game played means that their points average won't drop with a loss.
    I cant comment on the ground issue but this match will be replayed wont it?I guess this will be the big test of the revised system.With clubs only having 2 weeks to get all their washouts in no doubt eventually they will need to pick and choose which games get replayed.Does anyone know if its 2 matchdays or if clubs can schedule mid week games within those 2 weeks?If there are nefarious things going on already the situation can develop into a farce very quickly if the rules arent clear.

You're right you don't know the people at Olympic and they are the type to call of games that they don't want to play. Not the first time either, they did it to us 2 years ago so I am not surprised that they don't want to now particularly when their teams are significantly weaker this year. No game played means that their points average won't drop with a loss.
    If this is a reoccurring issue then Northern need to look into it. Any club not playing games when they can are a disgrace and they are letting down their own players and families, as well as the wider football community.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I cant comment on the ground issue but this match will be replayed wont it?I guess this will be the big test of the revised system.With clubs only having 2 weeks to get all their washouts in no doubt eventually they will need to pick and choose which games get replayed.Does anyone know if its 2 matchdays or if clubs can schedule mid week games within those 2 weeks?If there are nefarious things going on already the situation can develop into a farce very quickly if the rules arent clear.
    That’s my thoughts that these games will be replayed so can’t see why someone would call it off when they know they’ll play anyway? It effects all youth game not a one-off game.

Banned
    That’s my thoughts that these games will be replayed so can’t see why someone would call it off when they know they’ll play anyway? It effects all youth game not a one-off game.
    As many games as possible will be caught up. Some may not. Discretion of the overlords etc

If this is a reoccurring issue then Northern need to look into it. Any club not playing games when they can are a disgrace and they are letting down their own players and families, as well as the wider football community.
    Do we start leaving it in the refs hands or is the fraught with danger

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Do we start leaving it in the refs hands or is the fraught with danger
    We absolutely leave it to the refs. If the Council closes the ground, there are no questions. If clubs can decide it becomes murky. Has to be an independent call.

We absolutely leave it to the refs. If the Council closes the ground, there are no questions. If clubs can decide it becomes murky. Has to be an independent call.
    Referees only have jurisdiction to call games off if it will be dangerous to play.

Also, let’s give everyone another reason to hate on referees…… great idea

Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post
    Referees only have jurisdiction to call games off if it will be dangerous to play.

I think on 50/50 or even 60/40 where clubs might be cautious I think the refs are more likely to play. Never seen a ref rock up and call it off unless it’s real bad

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I think on 50/50 or even 60/40 where clubs might be cautious I think the refs are more likely to play. Never seen a ref rock up and call it off unless itÂ’s real bad
    Because referees make their decision based on player safety, not ground longevity.
    So basically what youÂ’re saying is all games should go ahead as long as grounds arenÂ’t considered dangerous and ground preservation should be irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post

Not to mention that some refs are teens, imagine a 15yo getting pressured by a bunch of men to call off or keep on a game.

Not to mention that some refs are teens, imagine a 15yo getting pressured by a bunch of men to call off or keep on a game.
    There was a very recent case where council closed a ground but it wasnt accepted, then the groundsman called it off and it wasnt accepted then the refs called it off and it still wasnt accepted.Luckily the young refs father was there to keep an eye on the people 'advising' the ref to still play the game.Ultimately it was the correct call but if the people involved listened to the original decision maker (council) we wouldnt be putting young officials in these postitions.Definitely a day where the adults didnt cover themselves in much glory lets put it that way.

There was a very recent case where council closed a ground but it wasnt accepted, then the groundsman called it off and it wasnt accepted then the refs called it off and it still wasnt accepted.Luckily the young refs father was there to keep an eye on the people 'advising' the ref to still play the game.Ultimately it was the correct call but if the people involved listened to the original decision maker (council) we wouldnt be putting young officials in these postitions.Definitely a day where the adults didnt cover themselves in much glory lets put it that way.
    I heard about that. I really don’t get the logic in harassing the ref. I hope it was put in his match report as I assume he would still report what happened and it’s dealt with. Clubs will only be fined so many times and repeat offenders will be moved on.

Does anyone know if players under 18 can be fined? Or if there is a fine it goes to the club? I heard there was a bit going on up north in the last couple of weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I heard about that. I really don’t get the logic in harassing the ref. I hope it was put in his match report as I assume he would still report what happened and it’s dealt with. Clubs will only be fined so many times and repeat offenders will be moved on.
    Just to be clear I wasnt accusing anyone of harassment and certainly not anything worth putting in the match report.I just did not like the fact that people werent respecting the authority of people put in charge of making these decisions.Ultimately the referee made their decision on the day and it was respected.I just wish the original decision to close the ground was respected the same way.

Just to be clear I wasnt accusing anyone of harassment and certainly not anything worth putting in the match report.I just did not like the fact that people werent respecting the authority of people put in charge of making these decisions.Ultimately the referee made their decision on the day and it was respected.I just wish the original decision to close the ground was respected the same way.
    maybe it was a different game! But even not, adults pressuring a kid like that considering the power imbalance there is pretty unfortunate.

Darling street was playable after 3 days of rain for the WNPL youth last night verse Magic but, not playable after 3 days of sunshine for the NPL Youth on Sunday verse Magic. WOW. that video going around may have forced them to play.

Quote Originally Posted by YerMate View Post
    Darling street was playable after 3 days of rain for the WNPL youth last night verse Magic but, not playable after 3 days of sunshine for the NPL Youth on Sunday verse Magic. WOW. that video going around may have forced them to play.
    Hats off to whoever took that footage. Olympic were caught with their pants down.

At least it sounds like the majority of games got on this weekend with a clubs once again offering up alternate grounds which is great.Hopefully the boys now get to see the season out.