Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

There is player poaching happening already for 2023. Goodness gracious me! Just let them play 2022 first.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    There is player poaching happening already for 2023. Goodness gracious me! Just let them play 2022 first.

Wonder if current club knows. Ultimately, it's the choice of the players and parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichael Richards View Post
    Wonder if current club knows. Ultimately, it's the choice of the players and parents.
    and clubs

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    If we are pick on that god help me
    No one really does care or pick up on it. Northern certainly wouldn't care, I know at least one instance where a suspended player sat on the bench (not in playing gear just club gear), when video footage was raised with Northern they dismissed it despite their rules regarding suspended players

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    and clubs
    Excellent point.Clubs deciding 1/3 of the way through the season that they need to improve is fine,but it means some kids are already without a club for next year.If those kids want to get out in front of that and secure a spot somewhere I have no issue with it.Friendships are really strong between kids at rival clubs it doesnt take much for a word to be put in and situations to change.Loyalty is a two way street.

Banned
    Particularly in 12s. There are clubs that already know who will be let go and approaching those who they want.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post

In saying that the club should be fined for it, they are teaching these young people not only the rules of the game but also behaviours and should realise that they are role models and setting a standard. It's a shame that's something that parents (and northern) don't expect more in regards to how much is spent on football in the area.
    Well clubs do it because they know Northern don't follow their own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    All of it will require tough but sensible conversations from Northern.
    Ok so we're done.

Whats happening at the Jets youth the training is cancelled as staff have quit I saw something on the news about it but didn’t think it was as bad as it is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Whats happening at the Jets youth the training is cancelled as staff have quit I saw something on the news about it but didn’t think it was as bad as it is.
    Ask Jets CEO Shane Mattiske. This ckhead thinks he knows all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Reshuffle been on the cards for months. McBreen told no contract next year so walked. Deans told the same.

Kew ain’t impressed the big guns but still there for now. Seen as a guy with a chip on his shoulders. And yeah I said shoulders with a s.

Just the same old same old story with the jets. Were you expecting something different?

Banned
    Edgy Maitland and Jaffas Lake Mac Youth washed out this weekend already

Still early days but I am calling out 2 premierships already. U14s Broadmeadow Magic and U15s Newcastle Olympic. 16s looks like numerous teams are in the mix and 13s will be interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Still early days but I am calling out 2 premierships already. U14s Broadmeadow Magic and U15s Newcastle Olympic. 16s looks like numerous teams are in the mix and 13s will be interesting too.
    I agree with you on Magic they play good football.13's have had way too many washouts to know who is doing well.Of the teams I have seen Magic/Olympic and Charlestown play some good football.But with some clubs only playing 2 games and others ripped with covid it might take a while to settle down.I have been very impressed with the skill level so far and think the JDL program has had an impact even in year 1.

Maitland will be very strong but 15 of those goals were against a Covid-depleted Cooks Hill team. We will get a better guide after they have played Olympic, Jaffas, Magic etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    catchup games this week

Edgeworth v lakes
    15's 4-1
    16's 4-0

Maitland v Charlestown (I think Maitland won 13's 14's but I don't have the scores at hand)
    15s 2-0
    16s 4-1
    13’s 3-0 14’s 5-2 both wins to Maitland

Magic vs Olympic Catch-ups this week
    16's 3-1
    15's 1-0

Olympic red cards in both games

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Magic vs Olympic Catch-ups this week
    16's 3-1
    15's 1-0

Olympic red cards in both games
    Thered be a good reason to earn a red there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Thered be a good reason to earn a red there.
    Yeah they have never taken losing well

How much have Maitland youth improved over the last 2 seasons. From perennial bottom 2 or 3 in every grade to now being a top 4 chance in every grade.