Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    NNSWF Memo - MEMO 41-2022

Postponed Matches in Second Half of the Season (13-18s Only)
    As previously mentioned, we currently have 340+ rescheduled matches, some of which are now starting to be rescheduled as late as July. Many of the rescheduled matches this and coming midweeks are also unlikely to be played because of the current continued rain and will need to be rescheduled to a later date.

Given the current weather situation is predicted to continue for the coming months, NNSWF can confirm that any match, under 13 through to under 18 (inclusive), that is postponed in the second half of the season, in the specific rounds noted below, will not be rescheduled, and will be declared 0-0. For clarity this will apply to matches in the following rounds of competitions:

League / Rounds that will not be replayed if postponed
    NPLM 18s / Rounds 13-22 (plus rescheduled round 1 in August)
    NPLM 13-16s / Rounds 14-26
    NPLW 13-17s / Rounds 15-21
    NL1 18s / Rounds 12-22
    NL1 13-15s / Rounds 12-22

For the avoidance of doubt, all 1st Grade and Reserves matches will be rescheduled and only declared 00 if we reach a point in the season where they do not impact final league positions.

It is Northern NSW Football’s intention to ensure, at a minimum, all matches from the first half of the season are played. Whilst we understand not playing matches is extremely disappointing, it is realistic to predict that we will still have matches originally postponed from the first half the season being played in July and August in the lead up to finals.
    Considering that NPL clubs don't share their grounds its ridiculous to not just extend the season. Particularly for youth players. Just let them keep playing. I don't get the point, football for these kids is pretty much year around anyway.

What on earth are we all paying for if they don't play or train?

and

Why aren't they rescheduling games mid week at speers?
    Last edited by KITZ; 26-05-2022 at 09:28 PM.

As previously mentioned, we currently have 340+ rescheduled matches, some of which are now starting to be rescheduled as late as July. Many of the rescheduled matches this and coming midweeks are also unlikely to be played because of the current continued rain and will need to be rescheduled to a later date.

Given the current weather situation is predicted to continue for the coming months, NNSWF can confirm that any match, under 13 through to under 18 (inclusive), that is postponed in the second half of the season, in the specific rounds noted below, will not be rescheduled, and will be declared 0-0. For clarity this will apply to matches in the following rounds of competitions:

NL1 18s / Rounds 12-22

For the avoidance of doubt, all 1st Grade and Reserves matches will be rescheduled and only declared 00 if we reach a point in the season where they do not impact final league positions.

It is Northern NSW Football’s intention to ensure, at a minimum, all matches from the first half of the season are played. Whilst we understand not playing matches is extremely disappointing, it is realistic to predict that we will still have matches originally postponed from the first half the season being played in July and August in the lead up to finals.
    I wonder if this will be policed or if NNSW will allow games to be played if both clubs can accomodate it?I can imagine the pressure some clubs would place on NNSW if their team needs a win to make semis in those final weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    My feel is that you may be overestimating the costs for grounds, maintenance, kit. Remember that a club pays one set of ground fees whether its for JDL, youth or seniors, and then recoups fees across all these groups.
    That’s not how it works in Lake Macquarie. For each player, a seasonal training fee & a seasonal game fee is levied by council (via their facility operating committee on a per player basis.

2022 Tier 1 fields (adult $/child $)
    Training: $41/$24
    Playing:$57/$35

Tier 2 fields
    Training: $26/$15
    Playing: $41/26

It can add up pretty quickly. I would guess clubs like Azzuri (NPL/WNPL) Kahibah (NL1, ZL, community), Warners Bay (WNPL, ZL, community) & Valentine (NPL, community) who run in different levels of competition would be forking out $20k or more per year on council fees.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    That’s not how it works in Lake Macquarie. For each player, a seasonal training fee & a seasonal game fee is levied by council (via their facility operating committee on a per player basis.

Tier 2 fields

It can add up pretty quickly. I would guess clubs like Azzuri (NPL/WNPL) Kahibah (NL1, ZL, community), Warners Bay (WNPL, ZL, community) & Valentine (NPL, community) who run in different levels of competition would be forking out $20k or more per year on council fees.
    If this is the case then things have changed since my time on committees, noting that was in the NCC area. So on a tier 1 field LMCC charge a kid between $41 - $59 a season for training and games and seniors $67 - $98 for ground use. What do clubs get for their buck? Is this for the standard mowing and maintenance? What's the chances of LMCC providing clubs a refund for a year like this where kids aren't getting on the paddock and fields aren't getting mowed?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Considering that NPL clubs don't share their grounds its ridiculous to not just extend the season. Particularly for youth players. Just let them keep playing. I don't get the point, football for these kids is pretty much year around anyway.

What on earth are we all paying for if they don't play or train?

and

Why aren't they rescheduling games mid week at speers?
    100%

My boy has played 6 games this comp season and I can guarantee his club would choose matches over training every time. Why not forget the Speers Point full field training sessions and play games at those times instead? Clubs are out there training from 8 o'clock some week nights so let's just get the midweek games played.

100%

My boy has played 6 games this comp season and I can guarantee his club would choose matches over training every time. Why not forget the Speers Point full field training sessions and play games at those times instead? Clubs are out there training from 8 o'clock some week nights so let's just get the midweek games played.
    This app needs a like button

Banned

Tier 2 fields

Wait. How does players numbers dictate field maintenance?

The field will need a certain amount of fert, soils, man and machine hours and regardless of traffic. Yes a little more materials for an extra team or 2.

There should be a set amount per field regardless of numbers. That way we might be able to reduce rego.

NL1 18s / Rounds 12-22

It will be interesting to see how many wash outs in the second round by clubs who would prefer a draw

If this is the case then things have changed since my time on committees, noting that was in the NCC area. So on a tier 1 field LMCC charge a kid between $41 - $59 a season for training and games and seniors $67 - $98 for ground use. What do clubs get for their buck? Is this for the standard mowing and maintenance? What's the chances of LMCC providing clubs a refund for a year like this where kids aren't getting on the paddock and fields aren't getting mowed?
    NCC don’t do it that way, I believe it’s a uniquely LMCC thing

Council basically mow the grass and empty the bins & the money collected goes into a fund to go to electricity, repairs &maintenance at the facility. They’ll provide a minimal amount of fertiliser on top of that. Rumour has it that they don’t mind liberally applying growth inhibitors to the grass though ��

Blow a light? That comes out of the fund.
    Topdressing? The fund.

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    Wait. How does players numbers dictate field maintenance?

The field will need a certain amount of fert, soils, man and machine hours and regardless of traffic. Yes a little more materials for an extra team or 2.

There should be a set amount per field regardless of numbers. That way we might be able to reduce rego.
    On one hand, the committees that manage the facility get a say in how the revenue generated by the venue is spent.
    On the other, the bigger you are as a club, the more discretionary spend you get for r & m

NCC don’t do it that way, I believe it’s a uniquely LMCC thing

Council basically mow the grass and empty the bins & the money collected goes into a fund to go to electricity, repairs &maintenance at the facility. They’ll provide a minimal amount of fertiliser on top of that. Rumour has it that they don’t mind liberally applying growth inhibitors to the grass though ��&m
    In my time in NCC it is was: club X gets this many fields so cost is per fields allocated to clubs. Some fields better than other so there is a premium on those fields. Council covers mowing, maintenance, bins and club covers electric and water. I can’t get me head around per player charges. Someone in LMCC thought of a way to make a motza and the clubs cop it.

Maybe it works, I don’t know but it doesn’t sit well.

The rumour is that by the end next season we’ll have two leagues of youth made from the best of NPL and NL1. The Cookers, Lakes and Adamstown will be worried but will the likes of New Lambton be up for the challenge of the top league? Reading these pages New Lambton has a reputation of not wanting to compete with the big boys. Sounds suss to me as they put the time and money in. Any New Lambton people on here happy to share views?

Anyone got details on how youth is going to look next year and then on?

The rumour is that by the end next season we’ll have two leagues of youth made from the best of NPL and NL1. The Cookers, Lakes and Adamstown will be worried but will the likes of New Lambton be up for the challenge of the top league? Reading these pages New Lambton has a reputation of not wanting to compete with the big boys. Sounds suss to me as they put the time and money in. Any New Lambton people on here happy to share views?

Anyone got details on how youth is going to look next year and then on?
    That might be the plan, but as NL1 will not have a requirement for youth after decoupling (or so I am told) and given that some NL1 clubs can't field all youth teams now, there might not be enough clubs to have 2 leagues. From the clubs perspective: why bother? c.$800 for NL1 or c.$250 for community football.

NNSW board is rudderless and the CEO has way too much power.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    That might be the plan, but as NL1 will not have a requirement for youth after decoupling (or so I am told) and given that some NL1 clubs can't field all youth teams now, there might not be enough clubs to have 2 leagues. From the clubs perspective: why bother? c.$800 for NL1 or c.$250 for community football.

NNSW board is rudderless and the CEO has way too much power.
    This is interesting. You make a solid point re NL1 clubs not covering all youths grades. If these clubs want in but can’t cover all ages do they automatically go into the bottom tier? Just means some of those less strong clubs get bumped up to the top and their misery continues.

Banned
    This is interesting. You make a solid point re NL1 clubs not covering all youths grades. If these clubs want in but can’t cover all ages do they automatically go into the bottom tier? Just means some of those less strong clubs get bumped up to the top and their misery continues.
    Thats the whole idea. Get the house in order or fall. Then you run risk of losing players in other ages.

But that's ok because its about the players being in the right grade not so much the clubs.
    In saying that it also favours those clubs who poach the best. Double edged sword.

Nope, because of decoupling, having no youth will not be punished unless you have dreams of NPL.

And when NL1 senior grades gets opened to current ZPL sides with no youth at all.........It will happen. Picture a strong current ZPL side going "up" to NL1 and dominating but never seeking promotion to NPL because a)why bother with youth, b) why stop being top dog and c)why take on the added costs/burdens?

Next year will be even worse for NL1 with NL going up (or so rumour central has it).

If I ran a NL1 club, I would can NL1 youth, and drop those teams into community league. Cheaper, simpler and as long as I provide the same quality of coaching etc I will still have young players to make their way up. Worry abut NPL somewhere down the track.

The reality is we are putting lipstick on a pig. We have too many teams in NPL and NL1 for the available talent. We have a CEO that does as he pleases and has promised clubs things and for some reason fears braking those promises. We have a board that won't make the choices needed for today and seems to be under the control of the CEO.

The board needs to make independent decisions based on today's reality and see them implemented for the good of the game. If some clubs are disappointed by that, there will be just as many who are pleased by it. Consensus on here seems to be two comps of 8 with promotion and relegation and a youth stream which is decoupled and includes FNC, NC and NI. If we forum loonies can see it, why can't the games administrators?

If choices were made in reality, there is no way Cookers would have gone up, there is no way NL will go up and there is no way Adamstown, Lakes and Valo would all still be NPL. Think on where we would be today on that basis.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Using a rough calculation based on a club championship in NPL youth as it stands today Azzuri,Weston,Lakes,Cooks Hill and Rosebuds go down.If you add in New Lambton,Kahibah,South Cardiff,Belswans and NIAS from NL1 you have a pretty strong 2nd tier.All of those clubs (apart from NIAS at the moment) can fill all youth grades and should provide enough spots for the talent level available for kids who want to both develop and test themselves.The fact is there are kids in NL1 that are good enough to play in the bottom half of NPL clubs.Adding in New Lambton next year wont improve any overall level of NPL as they are not better than any of the bottom 5 teams.They may be similar,but they are not better and certainly wont bother the top clubs in youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    If choices were made in reality, there is no way Cookers would have gone up, there is no way NL will go up and there is no way Adamstown, Lakes and Valo would all still be NPL. Think on where we would be today on that basis.
    We would have games worth watching. yawn

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Using a rough calculation based on a club championship in NPL youth as it stands today Azzuri,Weston,Lakes,Cooks Hill and Rosebuds go down.If you add in New Lambton,Kahibah,South Cardiff,Belswans and NIAS from NL1 you have a pretty strong 2nd tier.All of those clubs (apart from NIAS at the moment) can fill all youth grades and should provide enough spots for the talent level available for kids who want to both develop and test themselves.The fact is there are kids in NL1 that are good enough to play in the bottom half of NPL clubs.Adding in New Lambton next year wont improve any overall level of NPL as they are not better than any of the bottom 5 teams.They may be similar,but they are not better and certainly wont bother the top clubs in youth.

That’s the purpose of including them, so that they can be in a position to compete in the future.

In what world would you expect any club not in npl or recently added to npl such as cookers to immediately raise the level of the league?

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    In what world would you expect any club not in npl or recently added to npl such as cookers to immediately raise the level of the league?
    Thats a question for NNSW I think,they are the ones expanding NPL.I was just siding with the argument that 2 tiers with genuine promotion/relegation is better long term to tick all the boxes youth football is supposed to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    We would have games worth watching. yawn