Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    So the same old Magic coaches were sent from the field over the weekend against NL18s.

Not the first time nor will it be the last time from those two galahs but seems the Magic committee will back their friends over the perception of the club.
    Our son plays in this team at magic, we were once rivals and now part of this team, they have never been sent off so, that's a fouls statement to make.
    what everyone doesn't see is the amount of effort they put into their squad to development their players into better footballers and young man, I first would admit that yes if you don't know them you would react like people do about them, its not fair just pointing them out other coaches do the same at other clubs.

The coach on the weekend got vocal because one of his players season or career nearly ended by a very disgusting challenge just before halftime as a parent, i don't see what they did wrong as was described by others in comments, how about telling the full story, they didn't verbally abuse anyone or hit anyone or approach anyone to intimidate anyone, unlike the officials that tried to intimidate them on the side line at the end of the game. I think they have been unfairly treated here, keep up the good work coaches and those who slander are only jealous that you guys aren't coaching their kids or teams, i see something special happening with this team in 2022. GO MAGIC

Quote Originally Posted by YerMate View Post
    Our son plays in this team at magic, we were once rivals and now part of this team, they have never been sent off so, that's a fouls statement to make.
    what everyone doesn't see is the amount of effort they put into their squad to development their players into better footballers and young man, I first would admit that yes if you don't know them you would react like people do about them, its not fair just pointing them out other coaches do the same at other clubs.

The coach on the weekend got vocal because one of his players season or career nearly ended by a very disgusting challenge just before halftime as a parent, i don't see what they did wrong as was described by others in comments, how about telling the full story, they didn't verbally abuse anyone or hit anyone or approach anyone to intimidate anyone, unlike the officials that tried to intimidate them on the side line at the end of the game. I think they have been unfairly treated here, keep up the good work coaches and those who slander are only jealous that you guys aren't coaching their kids or teams, i see something special happening with this team in 2022. GO MAGIC
    Just beautiful

Spoken like a true defensive fool. Youve gone to the right club from that post. Anyone defending that coach is just deluded.
    Ive seen his appalling and obnoxious behavior over many years. The language, the abuse of his own players and opposition is just terrible.

The grub club strikes every week it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Spoken like a true defensive fool. Youve gone to the right club from that post. Anyone defending that coach is just deluded.
    Ive seen his appalling and obnoxious behavior over many years. The language, the abuse of his own players and opposition is just terrible.

Looking at YerMate’s past posts I would say with strong certainty that he IS the said coach.

Nice try with the just moved from a rival club buster. But that lie is as big as your shirt size.

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    Looking at YerMate’s past posts I would say with strong certainty that he IS the said coach.

Nice try with the just moved from a rival club buster. But that lie is as big as your shirt size.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post

I’ve coached against this bloke twice. Both times the game has ended with abuse being directed towards my players, parents, or officials. One time even a 16 year old sibling of a player who tried to calm him down.

Embarrassing.

As for the joker who said he is helping his players develop as young men (clearly him by the way) you should know that young blokes will actually take their cues from your behaviour and mirror it. Laughable statement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post

Anyone going to name the coach for the uneducated

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Anyone going to name the coach for the uneducated
    Please dont.Its not needed.

I’m sure RH is doing wonders

Results v Valentine

13s 4-3 loss
    14s 7-1 loss
    15s 10-0 win
    16s 4-1 loss

The best place for Jaffas JDL players to develop is to leave.
    This is from another thread but thought it was interesting to respond here.Valo 13s and 14s have both had some very positive talk around their performances in the trials so far.Its really good to hear.Weird about the Jaffas this years 14s were clearly 2nd best last year behind Magic and they had a really good JDL 12 squad and got in quite a few good players to add to it.Maybe there is more to it but it would be sad to see if they have fallen away after such a good last few years.

*snip*
    Plenty of other coaches put in a lot of time and effort to develop their players into better footballers and manage to not carry on like absolute pork chops everytime something doesn't go their way

You now may feel biased (even more so if you are actually the coach) and a need to defend the coach now you are part of the team but there is still no justification for the behaviour I saw on the weekend and in other games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Plenty of other coaches put in a lot of time and effort to develop their players into better footballers and manage to not carry on like absolute pork chops everytime something doesn't go their way

You now may feel biased (even more so if you are actually the coach) and a need to defend the coach now you are part of the team but there is still no justification for the behaviour I saw on the weekend and in other games.
    Well said.

Moving on. The comp kicks off this weekend and we have the usual east coast low to greet us.

Hope we get some games to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    Well said.

Moving on. The comp kicks off this weekend and we have the usual east coast low to greet us.

Hope we get some games to watch.
    Nothing like having a million mid week games to start the season

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Great results for Maitland Kitz. What is happening at Olympic
    Honestly in the older 2 age groups I'd say they have had more player movement than they are used to. Maitland not so much, only maybe 3 or so come in the older age groups. Possibly just an off weekend, but Maitland have been doing a lot of work and have high expectations, so it could be that they are just catching the other clubs now.

My mate Garbo is the U14s Valo coach and he is all about developing players and if the results come that is a bonus. He has kept the bulk of the team together from last year with a few new additions to replace the players he lost to Jets. Valo 13s could surprise a few teams but they are a work in progress. The 15s are on an upward curve and will finish higher than last year and the 16s have the chance to go far if they can be consistent. That is my review of my club Valentine. I am happy to hear anyone else review their club’s prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    My mate Garbo is the U14s Valo coach and he is all about developing players and if the results come that is a bonus. He has kept the bulk of the team together from last year with a few new additions to replace the players he lost to Jets. Valo 13s could surprise a few teams but they are a work in progress. The 15s are on an upward curve and will finish higher than last year and the 16s have the chance to go far if they can be consistent. That is my review of my club Valentine. I am happy to hear anyone else review their club’s prospects.
    15s getting pumped. 13s and 16s will do ok. 14s will do best imo.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Please dont.Its not needed.

This is from another thread but thought it was interesting to respond here.Valo 13s and 14s have both had some very positive talk around their performances in the trials so far.Its really good to hear.Weird about the Jaffas this years 14s were clearly 2nd best last year behind Magic and they had a really good JDL 12 squad and got in quite a few good players to add to it.Maybe there is more to it but it would be sad to see if they have fallen away after such a good last few years.
    Difference between developing and acquiring players. Some good 15s came in. They took a couple of edgys best 12s from last year for the 13s. Not sure what is going on but you must play the system or you out.

Banned
    Luckily North Coast has the bye. Grounds under water

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Only time they should be washed out now they have the new artificial turf

Won’t be the only ground under water this weekend

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Won’t be the only ground under water this weekend
    Yep. Wont be much, if any, to watch this weekend.

Yep. Wont be much, if any, to watch this weekend.
    Nope, the whole round has been cancelled