Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by YerMate View Post
    Olympic move games to azzurri’s grounds last week to play games but won’t move games to magic tomorrow. Why????
    Nothing on either club’s Facebook to say Darling st is closed for Sunday (yes I know Darling st was closed today). Are Olympic planning to play at home tomorrow?

Olympic move games to azzurri’s grounds last week to play games but won’t move games to magic tomorrow. Why????
    Not to mention that council has Darling Street open since Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Not to mention that council has Darling Street open since Friday.
    Just walked it as it’s open council ground, it’s bone dry. No water on it at all. COME ON NORTHERN THIS IS A PROBLEM

Just walked it as it’s open council ground, it’s bone dry. No water on it at all. COME ON NORTHERN THIS IS A PROBLEM
    The last time I was at Darling St it had locked fences around it, so I’m not buying that you walked it.

Let’s not create hysteria unnecessarily. WPL was called off there today so the field is not going to have recovered by tomorrow.

You said earlier about moving it to Magic. Is Magic Park fit to play? It wasn’t last week which led to some desperate scenes at Myers Park.

And won’t these games just get replayed under the latest Northern announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    The last time I was at Darling St it had locked fences around it, so I’m not buying that you walked it.

Let’s not create hysteria unnecessarily. WPL was called off there today so the field is not going to have recovered by tomorrow.

You said earlier about moving it to Magic. Is Magic Park fit to play? It wasn’t last week which led to some desperate scenes at Myers Park.

Further to my earlier comment querying if the games have been officially called off, still no confirmation on Magic or Olympic Facebook pages, however I’ve been informed the games are off.

BUT… I’ve also been sent 2 videos. I can only assume they are from “YerMate”. They appear to be of someone walking Darling st (one of the videos panned to the scoreboard). The videos depict a ground that could be played on. Very disappointing if accurate.

EDIT: “YerMate” did not send me directly any video. A friend sent me a video. I’ve assumed the video this person sent to me is from YerMate indirectly (probably through 500 other people )
    Last edited by northern_swan; 16-07-2022 at 10:08 PM.

NPLW youth games were played on Magic Park today

They are scared of losing 4 games to 0 against you again I think.

So some,not all of the previously declared 0-0 results will be replayed at NNSW discretion?Geez i wonder if the team coming 1st will campaign to play replays against the team coming 2nd or the team coming last?Im sure NNSW will do the right thing for the competition.Poor Cookers and Rosebuds better keep their diaries open they are gonna get lots of extra games in.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    So some,not all of the previously declared 0-0 results will be replayed at NNSW discretion?Geez i wonder if the team coming 1st will campaign to play replays against the team coming 2nd or the team coming last?Im sure NNSW will do the right thing for the competition.Poor Cookers and Rosebuds better keep their diaries open they are gonna get lots of extra games in.
    I’d suggest they won’t mind playing more games

All NPL fields excluding 1 are all council fields so, they need to be left open for general public access and use. I drive past that field daily as, I live in the area. People walk their dogs etc on it.

I can assure you no videos came from me.

All NPL fields excluding 1 are all council fields so, they need to be left open for general public access and use. I drive past that field daily as, I live in the area. People walk their dogs etc on it.
    You are dreaming. That is not the case at all, they do not have to remain open to the public, and I have yet to see gates left open anywhere, this would have to be the exception to every other NPL field around if olympic leave the gates open.
    Last edited by KITZ; 17-07-2022 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post

The rest of the 0-0 that aren't being replayed will be removed completely and calculated on a PPG basis. Northern are making all decisions now on which games will be replayed and when, its no longer up to the clubs. I really don't think a team coming first cares if they play second or last because likely by this stage they might have already beat them once and a tough game sets them up better for finals then playing the team coming last where they will pickup 2.5 - 3 points for the washout.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    You are dreaming. That is not the case at all, they do not have to remain open to the public, and I have yet to see gates left open anywhere, this would have to be the exception to every other NPL field around if olympic leave the gates open.
    Semantics….Games were called off on a ground that appears to have been fit for games to proceed on an absolutely cracking day for football. Fair play or foul, discuss

Games were moved from Adamstown up to Weston today after their ground was washed out.Pretty sure they got on so Westons field must have held up well.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Sorry, you are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Sorry, you are wrong
    Rubbish. The vast majority of NPL grounds are fenced off and locked up in the evenings so are inaccessible to the public. The idea that you can simply walk in is just not true.

The big issue here is whether clubs are calling off games unnecessarily. I don’t know the people at Olympic but they don’t seem the type to call off games to spite Magic, which is what is being suggested here. It just wouldn’t happen so let’s not entertain that thought here as it is dumb.

The games called off this weekend will probably be replayed so there is nothing to gain from calling them off unless the pitch couldn’t handle all the games scheduled.

Any video will tell a small tale of the pitch but clubs are a bit more experienced with their own grounds than trespassers with phones and agendas, so let us move on from this.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Semantics….Games were called off on a ground that appears to have been fit for games to proceed on an absolutely cracking day for football. Fair play or foul, discuss
    You are spot on. The ground was in excellent shape and not wet at all. Last time the two clubs played each other Magic won 4 games to 0. Did that have anything to do with calling the games off I wonder 🤔 When I got up this morning I shouted out - hey it’s a beautiful day! Brilliant day for football.

Rubbish. The vast majority of NPL grounds are fenced off and locked up in the evenings so are inaccessible to the public. The idea that you can simply walk in is just not true.

The big issue here is whether clubs are calling off games unnecessarily. I don’t know the people at Olympic but they don’t seem the type to call off games to spite Magic, which is what is being suggested here. It just wouldn’t happen so let’s not entertain that thought here as it is dumb.

The games called off this weekend will probably be replayed so there is nothing to gain from calling them off unless the pitch couldn’t handle all the games scheduled.

Any video will tell a small tale of the pitch but clubs are a bit more experienced with their own grounds than trespassers with phones and agendas, so let us move on from this.
    Forever Red is correct. The gate behind the grandstand at Darling St is always unlocked to give public access. If you don't believe it, try calling in and entering through the gate

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Forever Red is correct. The gate behind the grandstand at Darling St is always unlocked to give public access. If you don't believe it, try calling in and entering through the gate
    It would be the only NPL ground to do so then. because the clubs in other council areas allow the clubs to lock down the grounds, which makes sense since you know we can't even play on them if its a bit too wet.

Last thing you want is people walking their dogs on the pitch and letting them crap everywhere. Sounds painful for the club tbh.

Is that a Newcastle council direction?

Most of the games were called off before Friday this week. The meeting with northern had already happened so it will be up to them as to what happens from here, I guess it will depend on who can call in the most favours. Magic with a truck load of sand to get a game on, or olympic with a million coaches and old fellas who turn up to nationals trials and hang around the pitch .

Everyone else is just happy there's a resolution to the nil all washouts and the fighting to play games I hope.