Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by interested local View Post
    There is a draft proposal out there for the decoupling
    Here are the key points
    NNSWF have consulted widely through a decoupling working group
    Failure of current NL1 clubs to field team in all age groups had undermined the competition
    NNSW intends to require all clubs that wish to complete in the Premier Youth League field teams in all age groups. One in, all in. One out, all out.
    Clubs that are in the NPL must have (not negotiable):
    • Teams in all age groups
    • An approved Youth Development Plan
    • Head coaches with C
    • Technical Director with C
    • Budget submitted annually
    • Fees submitted an approved by NNSWF
    • Venue approved by NNSWF
    • Level 2 sports trainer at all games
    Under 18s move to youth day
    From 2023 onwards:
    -Pre season cup (clubs no longer required to arrange trial games)
    -Revamped League season: a two part season where clubs can earn promotion / relegation once during the season. Each new level of the Premier Youth League will have a grand final
    -Two knockout cups
    -Summer series

1. Pre season Cup and Plate: seeding based on club championship
    Cup – top 12 clubs from previous season
    Plate – 13th to 24th from previous season
    World cup style format
    Played at home ground or, if unavailable, LMRFF (for a fee of course)
    2. Premier Youth League
    In 2023 the Premier Youth League will have 3 smaller leagues. All teams start 2023 in the same tier as they finish 2022 pending any clubs being promoted (hello New Lambton!) Each club will play each other once. Top 8 clubs in div 1 form League A, remainder of division 1 plus top 4 of division 2 form League B, bottom 8 teams of division 2 form League C. All points/goals etc reset. Clubs in each new League play each other once
    At end of season, all clubs in League A plus the top 4 of League B will form Division 1 for the next season. The rest of League B and all League C form Division 2 for the next season.
    Having seen the proposal, it looks good. Very fluid year to year.

A minimum of 1 and potentially 4 poor performing NPL clubs could find themselves in Youth Division 2 by 2024.
    3 NL1 clubs will have the opportunity to get into Youth Division 1 by 2024.

My only concern is the number of games, the proposal might have been inaccurate but NPL clubs could go from 24 regular season games down to 19. NL1 will be approximately the same amount of games. But there is clear opportunity based on the structure to have a 25-26 game season for all youth teams.

However the reduced league games may be made up by the proposed Pre-season and In-season cups?
    Last edited by Aegon; 03-06-2022 at 11:06 AM.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin