Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    But tbh most of the Valo 12s kids wouldn't have made 13s and they knew this.
    This is the bit that always intrigues me.So Valo have had 4 years to put together a good team for 13s but at the last minute kick them all out.Doesnt this say that Valo as a club hasnt done a very good job with their JDL program?But all of a sudden they will be seen as good because they jag a few extra wins?Valo have already been using quite a few 12's up in 13s NPL this year wonder if they will stay up or be used in this new superteam?It will be interesting to see next year when they inevitably finish 3rd or 4th and one of the clubs above them comes poaching their talent.The local superteam in 13s who poached a lot of talent this year (and kicked out a lot of their JDL kids) are already recruiting for next season.Hope they've already told the kids they are kicking out because theres going to be some real angry dads on facebook once it gets out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    To be fair the vast majority of this years Valo 13's came from their JDL. Recent seasons have seen somewhat of an exodus of players from their JDL ranks (local kids are now playing at Edgy, Olympic, Jaffas, Magic, Azzurri, etc) but they have taken steps to address that from next season with committee personnel changes and getting the right people into some crucial roles going forward.
    I understand how the system works and understand why they are doing it.I dont have any problem with kids/parents changing clubs.Im just hoping they understand the cycle they are getting into it can be pretty cruel.

Valo 13s and 14s (I dont see the other grades) are doing well this year.They play good football, are well coached and are on a really good development program.I just hope bringing in a different attitude towards winning vs development doesnt go south for them.Only one team can win the trophy every year.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    This is what JDL has become for a few clubs.Instead of continually developing kids they decide its time to win and throw everything out.As always the clubs,coaches and parents deserve all the scorn that comes with it but the kids are the ones who will wear it.To be fair though its not as if Valo have invented this approach this type of thing has been going on for years at other clubs.Hopefully the kids who are being turfed at Valo get their names down at as many other clubs as possible and trial.They will get a spot somewhere and hopefully dont get lost to the game.A small warning to the Charlestown parents who think they are on a good thing just remember if your kid is a benchwarmer,or they dont win in 13s then the cycle will be repeated and your kid will be replaced so dont burn too many bridges on the way out.
    This will be the new norm with pro/rel clubs will be on the hunt to finish in a certain position at the expense of kids that may have been there for 4 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    This will be the new norm with pro/rel clubs will be on the hunt to finish in a certain position at the expense of kids that may have been there for 4 yrs
    For the most part Im ok with it,kids should be striving to compete at their highest level.The new proposed youth system gives those 8 teams that are closer to winning a better chance and the clubs that need to develop will be looked after.But clubs need to be careful what they wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    The whole club loyalty thing is a joke for most at this level. Politics and looking for a better deal will ensure this keeps happening.

Many parents want their child to be aligned with winning teams, certain coaches and getting their kid to or near the top for whatever reason.
    It is what it is.

Maybe the Valo kids can go to Azurri, fair few spots available. But tbh most of the Valo 12s kids wouldn't have made 13s and they knew this.
    Welcome to JDL/NPL. You are temporary.
    The whole idea of this move is interesting on lots of levels. Did the Azzurri coaches/players leave Azzurri because of the proposed decoupling and didn't want to play in the second tier comp? On the latest club championship ladder Valo sneak in the top 8 and Azzurri miss out.

Assume also that Valo was the only option for this move to happen. Which other club in the top 8 would take a whole team from another club? Not sure how many kids in a SAP team these days but it must be 10-12. Is every player going across? That's quite a number if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    The whole idea of this move is interesting on lots of levels. Did the Azzurri coaches/players leave Azzurri because of the proposed decoupling and didn't want to play in the second tier comp? On the latest club championship ladder Valo sneak in the top 8 and Azzurri miss out.
    This is an interesting test case for the new system.Valo 13s this year are sitting on that cut line and would be in the top division next season.But they havent won a game against anyone above them on the ladder.So assuming they will struggle to win games in the top division next season what does that then do to the club/coaches and parents that are there to win?Do we see an exodus of players either from parents/kids not liking losing every game or from coaches who dont think their kids are good enough.Meanwhile a club likes Charlestown goes down and gets a half year of equivalent competition with plenty of wins.Wonder who thinks they will be in the better position after all of it.

This is the bit that always intrigues me.So Valo have had 4 years to put together a good team for 13s but at the last minute kick them all out.Doesnt this say that Valo as a club hasnt done a very good job with their JDL program?
    Maybe not. Many of those lads came and went during those 4 years. So this could be a patched up 12s group many of whom are deemed to be not really at level.

Granted, they have improved during this year alone which is a good thing for that club. Its a tough one no matter how you look at it.

Are we really worried that club A is now weak and club B are now strong? This is a cycle.

Lets not forget that even the current strongest clubs are a collaboration of kids who spent many years developing at other clubs.

We seem to ignore the slow burn and get annoyed when it happens en masse.

as always everyone can free to ignore this big picture....

Wonder who thinks they will be in the better position after all of it.
    Remember, it's the unknown excitement of the journey. The highs, the lows, the promises, the regrets.

I'd hate to be stuck at one club hoping something big will happen unless my good mates are there.

Ask the kids, theyll tell you where they want to be. Give them the full story and options of whats happening. They are experts of their own welfare and know more than what we credit them for.

Except when they turn down a good career opp to go surfing, then they are young idiots who are having more fun then me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Remember, it's the unknown excitement of the journey. The highs, the lows, the promises, the regrets.

I'd hate to be stuck at one club hoping something big will happen unless my good mates are there.

Ask the kids, theyll tell you where they want to be. Give them the full story and options of whats happening. They are experts of their own welfare and know more than what we credit them for.
    I agree,and my eldest is going through this at the moment.Hes seen most of it already.Being involved in JDL/NPL has been one of the best things to happen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Maybe not. Many of those lads came and went during those 4 years. So this could be a patched up 12s group many of whom are deemed to be not really at level.

Granted, they have improved during this year alone which is a good thing for that club..
    Having watched them the past month they have not only been competitive against other strong JDL teams linked to NPL clubs but have beaten them

The Valo team play the Charlestown team at the end of the season, will be some questions raised if the game is close or Valo win.

The other U12s team at Azzurri will be happy to hear that the better kids are off to another club

Northern NSW Football is excited to announce the decoupling of its youth football from senior football along with the launch of a new youth competition structure for boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-74V0up4XGc
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Having watched them the past month they have not only been competitive against other strong JDL teams linked to NPL clubs but have beaten them

The Valo team play the Charlestown team at the end of the season, will be some questions raised if the game is close or Valo win.

The other U12s team at Azzurri will be happy to hear that the better kids are off to another club
    I'm told 4 kids in Valo JDL have played for 13's this year, a couple of them multiple times. Are these kids going to be kept on?

Unlikely, as the Azzurri boys are not only taking their whole squad they are offering spots to loads of other kids as well. Valo might have a squad of 20 in 13's next year... but none from their own 12's.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Northern NSW Football is excited to announce the decoupling of its youth football from senior football along with the launch of a new youth competition structure for boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-74V0up4XGc
    Well done to NNSW.I think this is a really important step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    I'm told 4 kids in Valo JDL have played for 13's this year, a couple of them multiple times. Are these kids going to be kept on?

Unlikely, as the Azzurri boys are not only taking their whole squad they are offering spots to loads of other kids as well. Valo might have a squad of 20 in 13's next year... but none from their own 12's.
    Yes,ive seen them play and they are good enough to be in a good 13s next season.Plenty of clubs will pick them up if Valo are too silly to keep them.

NNSW have formally announced that decoupling will occur for next season!

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post

There are at least 4 u12's playing up permanently in Valo u13's NPL from what I have seen, only 2 kids have played up from the u12's JDL squad that I know if.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

After the 1st round the comp breaks into 3 divs of 8. Div1 and the top 4 from div2 starts in the top div the following year.

Thats a decent model.

Re the Valo/Azzurri u12 teams for U13 NPL I have it from a really ‘close’ source that the issue isxAzzurri wanted the U12 boys ALL to trial and as Valo offerred spots it was a fairly easy decision-just don’t understand Azurri’s stance - the boys been with them for years ‘trialling’. Crazy decision from Azurri executive
    yes have a trial for some potential new players but lock in your best kids - whole idea of SAP/JDL is for clubs to develop youngsters as footballers but also install some club pride/culture into them so they stay and want to play for club to the highest level they can, then with the bigger picture clubs won’t have to pay $1000+ a game like they are now to ‘mercenaries’ with no loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    Whole idea of SAP/JDL is for clubs to develop youngsters as footballers but also install some club pride/culture into them so they stay and want to play for club to the highest level they can, then with the bigger picture clubs won’t have to pay $1000+ a game like they are now to ‘mercenaries’ with no loyalty
    If another club offers $1000 that junior of 8 years will still leave. Staying for peanuts gets old real quick.