Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Any truth behind rumours that RD1 has been reset for this weekend coming as all games were postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by Just a nobody View Post
    Any truth behind rumours that RD1 has been reset for this weekend coming as all games were postponed.
    No chance. It’s Northern. We will have Easter football being a spare weekend for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    No chance. It’s Northern. We will have Easter football being a spare weekend for everyone
    Extract from NNSW announcement.

All senior matches will be rescheduled to the catch-up weekend on 30-31 July with the same kick off times and venues.

All youth matches will be moved to the catch-up round on 20-21 August.

Clubs are welcome to discuss these fixtures with their opposition with the potential to play them over the Easter weekend (senior only) or midweek, provided both clubs agree under regulation 22 of the Premier Competition Regulations.

So they’re reckoning on no more rounds being washed out between now and then.

Midweek games are an option. I like this idea because I can have a schnitzel burger for dinner while watching games.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    So they’re reckoning on no more rounds being washed out between now and then.
    Yeah that is a long way off to replay a rd 1 game
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Congratulations to my two mates who have secured the TD roles for Edgeworth and South Cardiff respectively. I am sure you will both do a great job.

Maitland Youth far too strong for Cookers.

Olympic v Valentine
    13s 9-2
    14s 1-6
    15s 3-0
    16s 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Congratulations to my two mates who have secured the TD roles for Edgeworth and South Cardiff respectively. I am sure you will both do a great job.
    Instead of eating them, spill the beans good Captain. Enlighten us to who dares to be your friend

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    Instead of eating them, spill the beans good Captain. Enlighten us to who dares to be your friend
    One of them is the new TD of Edgeworth and the other is the new TD of South Cardiff. Neither club has published it and both individuals said they don’t want it publicised so I must respect their decisions as they are both close mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    One of them is the new TD of Edgeworth and the other is the new TD of South Cardiff. Neither club has published it and both individuals said they don’t want it publicised so I must respect their decisions as they are both close mates.
    {bullshit}

Cheers Captain. Respect your decision.

Repost in the Youth Thread
    Maitland V Cooks hill

13s 8-1
    14s 6-0
    15s 15-0

No 16s team

18s 6-4

Banned
    Lake Mac v North Coast

13 2-7
    14 0-9
    15 1-4
    16 1-4

sigh

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Lake Mac v North Coast

13 2-7
    14 0-9
    15 1-4
    16 1-4

sigh
    If you are sighing over lakes results in round one, you must be new to football in Newcastle. Shame they missed the games against cooks hill and they got rescheduled, they likely will be wins for lakes this year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    If you are sighing over lakes results in round one, you must be new to football in Newcastle. Shame they missed the games against cooks hill and they got rescheduled, they likely will be wins for lakes this year.
    Time and again they are touted to be one of the best clubs when developing youth kids but I just never see it.

Time and again they are touted to be one of the best clubs when developing youth kids but I just never see it.
    Change doesn't happen overnight. I like a lot of what they are trying to achieve but it will take time to convince parents to keep their kids there rather than seek greener pastures or to attract new players from other clubs.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

The problem is northern don't have metrics other than the ladder and results that are accessible, I have no doubt that players do get better and develop, especially if they have come in from outside of the development system, but it takes time for them to catchup and its usually in seniors you'll start to see that. There used to be lots of opportunity to play up, and that still happens - but without that opportunity the others may feel they aren't getting anything out of it if they aren't winning and also aren't getting opportunities in the older age groups.

It's a tough place to be and team cohesion drops when theres so much movement of players each season. Kids have to enjoy what they are doing or they won't want to keep doing it.

If they split the youth comp like they are talking about it might change a bit, but then some kids also won't want to be stuck in the bottom of the split either, even if that means being further up the ladder.

Banned
    Anyone know who new Edgy Youth TD is?

Anyone know who new Edgy Youth TD is?
    Apparently Captain Carl does.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Apparently Captain Carl does.
    i know