Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    Re the Valo/Azzurri u12 teams for U13 NPL I have it from a really ‘close’ source that the issue isxAzzurri wanted the U12 boys ALL to trial and as Valo offerred spots it was a fairly easy decision-just don’t understand Azurri’s stance - the boys been with them for years ‘trialling’. Crazy decision from Azurri executive
    yes have a trial for some potential new players but lock in your best kids - whole idea of SAP/JDL is for clubs to develop youngsters as footballers but also install some club pride/culture into them so they stay and want to play for club to the highest level they can, then with the bigger picture clubs won’t have to pay $1000+ a game like they are now to ‘mercenaries’ with no loyalty
    They also did this with the JDL girls, then I found out they had offered an entire team of 15's/16's boys places with no trial, needless to say we decided not to stay, theres no planet kids in the JDL space need that sort of stress put on them, let alone in the girls where theres not enough players to go around as is.

Not sure on what planet kids want to hang around to wait to trial (and mind you these trials are generally AFTER all the other clubs have had theres so it would literally leave kids with trying to find somewhere to take them). I really hope they can sort this out a bit better - give the kids clear feedback and just have some sort of organisation to this part of the season, just seems difficult for the sake of being difficult - to pretty much no ones benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    Re the Valo/Azzurri u12 teams for U13 NPL I have it from a really ‘close’ source that the issue isxAzzurri wanted the U12 boys ALL to trial and as Valo offerred spots it was a fairly easy decision-just don’t understand Azurri’s stance - the boys been with them for years ‘trialling’. Crazy decision from Azurri executive
    Just a thought.

So maybe Azzurri were playing the equity card by giving insiders no favours by having trials have inadvertently shot themselves in the foot?
    And supposing this might be true, what does the club now think of the trial decision and the result of the decision?

Maybe they wanted this to happen. Someone will know.
    Last edited by Jim; 06-08-2022 at 09:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Not sure the 18's will be happy. Quite a few play 18's and reserves, will they still be considered part of the senior squad? - its also a VERY long day for volunteers starting at 7-8am turn up for 13's and 16s don't finish till 4, that means a 6pm - 7pm finish on that day? Wonder how thought through that was. I mean its nice to be able to push 16s up to 18s without the game day conflicts (as currently 18s often play at the same time and day as the 16s), but I'm not sure if its easily resolved.
    18s are in youth. Tough luck.They can still back up ressies on another day

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    18’s will stay with seniors. That was sorted after final consultation with clubs
    Thanks Baz ya dill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Northern NSW Football is excited to announce the decoupling of its youth football from senior football along with the launch of a new youth competition structure for boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-74V0up4XGc
    I am supportive of all the changes coming but do fear what the extra games might do to rego fees across the board. More coaching, ground use etc probably equals higher fees. Let's hope clubs surprise us.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    I am supportive of all the changes coming but do fear what the extra games might do to rego fees across the board. More coaching, ground use etc probably equals higher fees. Let's hope clubs surprise us.
    Agree. There needs to be a review on the unnecessary fees being taken.
    Is council taking an unfair slice like at Mayfield junior? Should we be paying the FA levy for nothing? Should we be paying 1st grade from JDL PYL?
    Could clubs drive harder for sponsors? The Hunter brings in billions for the govt, we should be claiming some of that for our communities.
    Can clubs cut expenses like paying old club stalwarts and hangers on?
    And most importantly, WHY is there no money flowing from the Top? Corporates and TV deals. There's plenty of $$$ skimming right there.

Yep, some clubs would have done most of this already.

What's a fair rego cost in 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    And most importantly, WHY is there no money flowing from the Top? Corporates and TV deals. There's plenty of $$$ skimming right there
    On this point...AFL & NRL pull $200m per annum on their TV rights. A-League pulls $30m.

Plenty of this money for AFL & NRL flows down. The A League money is lucky to pay the bills at that level. Can guarantee the A League aint skimming money

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Plenty of this money for AFL & NRL flows down. The A League money is lucky to pay the bills at that level. Can guarantee the A League aint skimming money
    Can guarantee there's corporate deadwood earning big bucks not doing much.And yes the AL tv deal is a POS to start with.
    Last edited by Eastwest; 09-08-2022 at 01:49 PM.

The ground at Darling street seemed fine to play on last night.Home team didnt seem too scared to play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    The ground at Darling street seemed fine to play on last night.Home team didnt seem too scared to play at all.
    Ages?

I can't find the post with the club championship in it to reply to it, but wondering what it looks like if you include the 18s?

I can't find the post with the club championship in it to reply to it, but wondering what it looks like if you include the 18s?
    No Mid or North Coast changes things but Charlestown would be a little worse off, Jaffas, Edgy and Adamstown would be a little better off.Everyone else would remain about the same position.

Banned
    Ages?
    13s, 15s

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Youth club championship standings.

Attachment 1789

Banned
    We dont deserve higher fees. Let ones private insurance negate the dodgy football insurance

champs13-18s.jpg

Sorted by points per-game as CH, NC and MC are missing grades

Not right for Valentine to have a whinge about the young ref (who actually made the right call) when they disallowed their goal. Of course this is after the Valentine coached abused the ref a number of times during the game. Poor kid, someone needs to rein the coach in, it won't be the club they support him since it isn't the first time.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 16-08-2022 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Not right for Valentine to have a whinge about the young ref (who actually made the right call) when they disallowed their goal. Of course this is after the Valentine coached abused the ref a number of times during the game. Poor kid, someone needs to rein the coach in, it won't be the club they support him since it isn't the first time.
    Don't expect too much, have you seen the rubbish the club allows to be posted in the match reports in the past few weeks? Have a look at the one from last week.

It's embarrassing that the coach writes it in the first place, but to not have another adult with some sense proof read them before posting is ridiculous, talking about pulling down the pants of a minor, its gross, even if I get the context, pick some better words.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    champs13-18s.jpg

Sorted by points per-game as CH, NC and MC are missing grades
    Awesome, thanks heaps! forgot that there would be missing clubs. Wonder how that's going to go next season.

Don't expect too much, have you seen the rubbish the club allows to be posted in the match reports in the past few weeks? Have a look at the one from last week.

It's embarrassing that the coach writes it in the first place, but to not have another adult with some sense proof read them before posting is ridiculous, talking about pulling down the pants of a minor, its gross, even if I get the context, pick some better words.
    I dont think there is a worse combination than Facebook and youth sport.

Awesome, thanks heaps! forgot that there would be missing clubs. Wonder how that's going to go next season.
    There wont be as far as standings are concerned.The top 8 will remain the same and the rest should get some good lessons against the best in NL1.