Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
Re the Valo/Azzurri u12 teams for U13 NPL I have it from a really ‘close’ source that the issue isxAzzurri wanted the U12 boys ALL to trial and as Valo offerred spots it was a fairly easy decision-just don’t understand Azurri’s stance - the boys been with them for years ‘trialling’. Crazy decision from Azurri executive
yes have a trial for some potential new players but lock in your best kids - whole idea of SAP/JDL is for clubs to develop youngsters as footballers but also install some club pride/culture into them so they stay and want to play for club to the highest level they can, then with the bigger picture clubs won’t have to pay $1000+ a game like they are now to ‘mercenaries’ with no loyalty
They also did this with the JDL girls, then I found out they had offered an entire team of 15's/16's boys places with no trial, needless to say we decided not to stay, theres no planet kids in the JDL space need that sort of stress put on them, let alone in the girls where theres not enough players to go around as is.

Not sure on what planet kids want to hang around to wait to trial (and mind you these trials are generally AFTER all the other clubs have had theres so it would literally leave kids with trying to find somewhere to take them). I really hope they can sort this out a bit better - give the kids clear feedback and just have some sort of organisation to this part of the season, just seems difficult for the sake of being difficult - to pretty much no ones benefit.