Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
It doesnt really matter about the rules around retention and EOI's.One of my sons teammates got approached in the first 6 weeks of NPL youth to move clubs next year.There was a lot more movement in JDL than I thought between both clubs moving players on and players themselves choosing to go.I would love to know the average amount of kids that went from JDL 9's all the way through to 13's NPL at the same club.Would assume it would be around the same amount as Aegon had.
It was never about picking 22 and keeping them all together.
I don't see movement as a problem if instigated by parents or players. There are many reasons to move on when striving at the higher end of sport.
If kids prefer to stay with mates great. If those mates prefer to seek different coaches, players, experiences, great.

My main problem is a few clubs taking the current best to create a lopsided and often a product that wont help players develop because there's no greater opposition. But I see that happening less as more players are developing greater skills. The current 12s is a good example.