Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Rumour mill - can anyone confirm or deny the rumour that the Magic 16s coach and manager being sent off last week and getting 3 weeks suspension?
    whats the big deal about these 2 coaches, let them be. something must have gone completely wrong if 2 coaches are getting sent off from the same bench.

I agree, Captain_Carl. the 2 guys from magic must be good the player rotation in that squad from 13s hasn't been much at all, only lost players last year as the jets took 6 players from their squad and they were still pushing for the finals. great coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by YerMate View Post
    I agree, Captain_Carl. the 2 guys from magic must be good the player rotation in that squad from 13s hasn't been much at all, only lost players last year as the jets took 6 players from their squad and they were still pushing for the finals. great coaches.
    The consensus seems that these two embarrassingly take their Youth football a little too seriously and certain Magic powerbrokers would prefer to see them gone. Remains to be seen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YerMate View Post
    whats the big deal about these 2 coaches, let them be. something must have gone completely wrong if 2 coaches are getting sent off from the same bench.
    Being aholes is the main problem. We all know it. Let them be ... where they belong out of football. You're part of the cancer

^Spot on champ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Do you have anything to do with running a club? The whole system is underpinned by mainly volunteers, Making it complex and changing things too quickly can mean it can overwhelm already over worked volunteers, if you think its hard to collapse the competition then you have already very little idea of how much football is run by A. volunteers and B. People with day jobs.
    I did and know how it goes down. The Youth comp is screwed beyond volunteers. I have much idea and you have none. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Rumour mill - can anyone confirm or deny the rumour that the Magic 16s coach and manager being sent off last week and getting 3 weeks suspension?
    They both got yellows and both were acting like turkeys. The club like others is on a warning about the the treatment of referees and they were directing their anger towards the teenage ref. They shouldn’t be giving yellows in situations like that in youth, it should be a straight red and set the standard of behaviour of what’s not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    I did and know how it goes down. The Youth comp is screwed beyond volunteers. I have much idea and you have none. Try again.

Big upset in the 14’s today. Magic 0-2 Edgy. That Magic team have been all conquering for a couple of years so kudos to Edgy. That’s a big result for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    Big upset in the 14’s today. Magic 0-2 Edgy. That Magic team have been all conquering for a couple of years so kudos to Edgy. That’s a big result for them.
    That’s because Edgy have an incredible assistant coach. I was praising him so much today that he unfriended me from Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    They both got yellows and both were acting like turkeys. The club like others is on a warning about the the treatment of referees and they were directing their anger towards the teenage ref. They shouldn’t be giving yellows in situations like that in youth, it should be a straight red and set the standard of behaviour of what’s not acceptable.
    I heard first hand what occured and the treatment of a young official that seems to be par for the course with these 2. If I am some fat ZL goal keeper, I am not being too critical of anyone to be fair. Both of these two losers need to be exited from local football.

Wasn’t there.

I’m curious what support these younger referees have in moments like this.
    By all accounts, allegedly a common occurrence. Imo, takes a lot for younger referees to give adults cards. The intimidation factor is there.
    Historically, there used to be assessors or at least a referee coordinator at most elite games. With more games and dwindling referee numbers, I’d be surprised if this still was the case.
    But perhaps, enlisting an assessor to a) assess, b) provide some support c)be listed as the 4th official to be able act in a capacity to say, look this behaviour is worthy of a red card. At least at games like this where people have raised concerns re: behaviour.

As others have noted, referee respect in football is attrocious. For the reputation NRL gets, watch any game and the interactions between players and the referee are largely very respectful. Maybe a smartass comment, but any comments towards referee result in a penalty and there’s very minimal.
    Same with AFL, and Rugby.
    The problem in ingrained and largely due to what we see on TV, every decision is greeted by players confronting the referee, grabbing the referee, trying to deceive and trick the referee, impeding free kicks, the list goes on. Kids and adult watching see this as the standard and what they too are “entitled” to do.

I’d love for NNSW, Newcastle, HV and Macquarie to put a memo out ahead of next season to advise of a serious crackdown on dissent. It takes a consistent, unified response but I think it’s in everyone’s interest. Less dissent, referees get more respect, perhaps not as many stop reffing, more referees means better coverage, and also a larger pool allows distribution based on ability opposed to necessity.

I know results arent ever indicator of how a team is going but Edgeworth,Jaffas and Charlestown 14s havent seemed to kept last year impressive runs going while Magic just charged ahead.Good on Edgeworth that is a great result for them.They got up in 15s and 16s too.

Probably do them the world of good to taste defeat. Magic park is the ultimate leveller

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Probably do them the world of good to taste defeat. Magic park is the ultimate leveller
    There is nothing level about Magic Park. The ball bobbles everywhere and looks like a cow paddock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I’m curious what support these younger referees have in moments like this.
    By all accounts, allegedly a common occurrence. Imo, takes a lot for younger referees to give adults cards. The intimidation factor is there.
    Historically, there used to be assessors or at least a referee coordinator at most elite games. With more games and dwindling referee numbers, I’d be surprised if this still was the case
    Its really difficult for young refs. In 13s Magic was reffing from their bench with whistling and shouting for decisions and young ref did as told.. Yes that happens occasionally but this affected the calls but at least not the result.
    The 14s Edgy Magic was much better in all areas, coach's, refs, players. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    There is nothing level about Magic Park. The ball bobbles everywhere and looks like a cow paddock.
    Is that because theyve chosen to play more games during bad weather? If so well done for getting games on

NPL Yth club championship
    Yth Club Champ.jpg

Definitely 4 maybe 5 can drop.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Yth Club Champ.jpg

Drop 5 teams in year 1 then only bring back 4 for year 2.With 9 teams in NL1 at present are there 2 more clubs willing and able to fill out the spare spots in NL1 youth to fill out an even 24 teams?

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Yth Club Champ.jpg

Jeez, that table doesn’t look good for Azzurri.

I said it earlier on this thread but how good are Mid Coast going? North Coast too. The honchos at Olympic and Jaffas will be miffed looking at the progress of those two in recent years.